• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Abbi

The Big Break

I am so sorry, Martha! I hadn't heard this from any of the regulars. I plan to be back next year and was already the slow skier who talks to herself about being braver! I'm sure you'll be back skiing past me again!!
  2. Abbi

Happy Birthday

I believe she is skiing at Bromley today with pretty much every piece of ski gear she has on! ❄️
  3. Abbi

Dealing with vertigo?

I had it happen at Killington a zillion years ago. I was out in the middle of a run in dumping snow and totally lost the sense of what was up and down and felt dizzy. Everything was white, the snow and the air. Terrifying and I stopped and was practically hyperventilating. Once I got settled a...
  4. Abbi

What Happened to the Renoun Earhart 88?

I'm out of touch since I'm not skiing this season (maybe March ....). I wondered why my inbox was flooded with Renoun emails! And my FB feed. Didn't know they'd been sold.
  5. Abbi

Anybody else with 70+ Ski Club?

Please post your experiences. I would usually be at Okemo at this time of year. But health issues have me out of skiing. I didn't know until I got the info packet this week (not 70 until July) that they worked out of RI, my little state!
  6. Abbi

Okemo/Mount Snow

What sort of things would your husband like to do? Any snow sports? Or?
  7. Abbi

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

Congratulations on 'retirement' Wendy! And thank you RachelV for stepping in!
  8. Abbi

Palisades Tahoe Announces Reservation-in-Advance and Paid Parking for Next Season

Not surprised, although I'm not loving the change. Cheap pass, then nickel and dime the add ons.
  9. Abbi

Median age of skiers and boarders is going up.

@snoWYmonkey re: the ski seven hours musing you had: I guarantee I never skied wire to wire! These days, except for a couple of days in Utah with a friend who wasn't available mornings, I tend to go 3 - 4.5 hours. Sometimes more if the conditions are amazing or friends are up from home. On the...
  10. Abbi

First New Ski Resort to open in NA since 1980 Could Ban Snowboarders

Some of the snowboard issue does involve the possibility of Deer Valley running Mayflower. https://www.kpcw.org/ski-resorts/2023-03-21/deer-valley-president-touts-potential-partnership-with-mayflower As to the interstate and the reservoir, the photos might be to show it being an accessible...
  11. Abbi

First New Ski Resort to open in NA since 1980 Could Ban Snowboarders

I got a distant look at Mayflower when I was at Deer Valley a month ago. It looks pretty big. I’m an older skier, and like the feeling that the people around me have similar blind spots! My blind spot versus the average snowboarders’ blind spot are different. I never had the feeling boarders...
  12. Abbi

Anyone notice any new ski trends this season?

Me too! This realization is not helping me purge my closets! Although if it’s a 20 year cycle from now I would be getting close to 90! And I’m not sure 90 year olds should be in hip hugger jeans anyway! :laughter::wink:
  13. Abbi

How many days have you skied so far?

I finished with 43 days. A lot less than usual for me. But Covid in December and an injury in January really cut into my time on the snow! I was really lucky to finish with four days at Deer Valley in Utah! I’ve been working on my boat ever since I got back!
  14. Abbi

I'm Back!!!

How wonderful to be back!
  15. Abbi

Photo of the day

Deer Valley last Thursday. A bit of snow!
  16. Abbi

Stockli Nela 88 in NZ !!!

The price of Stockli’s is pretty much yikes regardless of your economy! Some of them are spectacular skis.
  17. Abbi

Gwyneth Paltrow and Deer Valley: a new lawsuit

And I love the place! I’m going out next week. It is less La Di da since it became open to more with the Ikon Pass. Before it was pretty exclusive but also a lot less crowded. I skied there in 2008 when a friend had a $50 ticket for me! And I’ve been back three times since.
  18. Abbi

Buying demo skis...

i’m gradually packing up my apartment for the winter, so happy to read your ramblings to avoid packing! :becky:
  19. Abbi

Buying demo skis...

The T-shirt describes me perfectly!
  20. Abbi

March 13-14 Nor’easter- when and where is everyone going to get after it?

Best to Jon, and you for the stress of everything but the surgery!