• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. W8N2SKI

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

Where would we be without them. We lost our Decaf a year and half ago, so now Rimsky is an only kitty. He'll be 19 in a couple of months.
  2. W8N2SKI

Do Olympians Have Fun?

I'll let you know in my next life.
  3. W8N2SKI

Ski Hoarder

I will have one of these some day . . .
  4. W8N2SKI

Skiing on ice

We had classic boilerplate in the mid-Atlantic (Massanutten) on Sunday. I actually skied and enjoyed it on my new Black Pearls (88 waist, 159 length). I admit to being surprised that they handled the ice as well as they did. I had thought of switching out to my Head Total Joys (85 waist), but...
  5. W8N2SKI

RIP, Warren Miller

Damn. I read his autobiography about 3 months ago and just watched two vintage films last weekend.
  6. W8N2SKI

Timidity

My motto is "ski happy!"
  7. W8N2SKI

Any older women here doing CrossFit???

I'm 58, but I do my own workouts w/a trainer + masters swimming. That said, my trainer is very leery of CrossFit in general as are other trainers at my gym. There are folks who do their own CrossFit workouts at the gym, but there's no organized program. They seem to regard it as akin to a...
  8. W8N2SKI

Shorter Poles

Can someone illuminate me about the (seemingly) new interest in bamboo poles?
  9. W8N2SKI

Ski Length Conundrum

I prefer a shorter ski as well, since I like my short radius turns and I no longer want to go fast. I just demo'd (and purchased) the Black Pearl 88 in a 159. I'm 5'6" about 160 and 58 years old. Age also makes a difference, I'm finding. I break easier now, hence the dialing down on speed.
  10. W8N2SKI

Taos ski week 1/14/18 - 1/19/18: Intermediate's Trip Report

Great reporting @alison wong ! This Saturday I'm headed to Taos ski week for the 3rd year in a row. Even with the limited available terrain I know I'll get a lot out of it. Your reports confirm this. I think very highly of the quality of the school and the professionalism of the instructors...
  11. W8N2SKI

The Melt After the Deep Freeze!

Tuesday in the mid-Atlantic (humble Massanutten) was the best day of the season so far. I suspected it would be great and called in "well" to the office. PERFECT conditions (for man-made). The weekend doesn't look so great, but hey, we're used to that and I maintain that less than optimum...
  12. W8N2SKI

How many of these "old school" ski areas have you skied?

I skied Eldora in the early 80's. The road going up was dirt and had no guard rails. The parking "lot" if you could call it that, was a field. Sounds like it has changed. :wink:
  13. W8N2SKI

How many of these "old school" ski areas have you skied?

I don't know how many are legitimately "old" but they seem old to me since I was actually young when I skied them. Wildcat, , Cannon, Attitash, Mt. Cranmore, Loon, in NH; Gore Mtn., Whiteface, Greek Peak, in NY; Eldora, in CO; Alta UT, Gray Rocks (in Quebec - closed). I think I'd have to add...
  14. W8N2SKI

Type II vs. Type III skiers?

Yes, you have to start getting colonoscopies. Oh, but we were talking about skiing weren't we?
  15. W8N2SKI

Does anyone here meditate?

I practice mindfulness, and, for me, that includes a daily meditation - even if I only have 5 minutes. I have a stockpile of guided meditations online and on my phone. There is some excellent literature out there as well. For anyone who is interested, you can do a simple search and...
  16. W8N2SKI

I want to be an Ski Instructor

Looking to the future -- I would never want to teach kids (meaning young kids - teens are fine). Is this even possible? I'm an only child and have no children. The only time I've ever been around kids is when I was one.
  17. W8N2SKI

Blizzard-Tecnica's Women 2 Women web site

The translate button is there, @Abbi ; it just "floats solo" in the upper right of the screen, rather than being integrated into the screen.
  18. W8N2SKI

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

More bumps More bumps More bumps I'm 58. If I don't do it this year, I'll be one year older when I do. Gawd love 'ya Warren.
  19. W8N2SKI

The Chuting Gallery

This is so excellent. I've sent it to all my male ski buds.