• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. captain_hug99

Vail announces opening dates for its resorts

Well, Pike's Peak and a few other mountains did get snow this week, but October seems really early.
  2. captain_hug99

Planning for 2021-22 already!

Monarch is a fantastic place, especially for families. EPIC is 20% lower than it was last year. I re-upped with Epic because we're retired military and it is the cheapest ticket in town.
  3. captain_hug99

When it comes to skis, will I just know?

I read through a bunch of threads about skis and have also started demo-ing. I'm an intermediate skier, I like greens and have tried a few blues, but I'm cautious. 5'3" and heavy (200+). I've been gradually getting better skis when I rent, but tried Black Pearl 82s, they were OK but not life...
  4. captain_hug99

Re-new skier, help with gear choices?

My warmest base layer is a pair of exercise/yoga pants I got from JCPenney, exertion brand. I bought my first helmet and googles from Costco, they worked great until I was ready to make a commitment to skiing. I've also purchased goggles from amazon and they work really well.
  5. captain_hug99

Apps for tracking vertical

I came here to see when I missed the strava update for skiing, it seems that this is new! I used to use SkiTracks until I found the downhill alpine part of Strava. I LOVE it already! Not only does it track my vertical, it also gives me an analysis of my speed throughout the run. It even talks...
  6. captain_hug99

2020 passes and COVID

I am going to try to see if the pass insurance I bought will cover my losses for the 2019-2020 season.
  7. captain_hug99

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

The person from whom I rented my $72 rate at Keystone sent me a message that Vail resorts is closing. sigh... I have season pass insurance and I'm wondering if that will cover some of my loss of use. The wording in the pass insurance says if the resort closes indefinitely and so far there...
  8. captain_hug99

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Well, I'm a teacher and my school is shut down four days early to provide "social distance." With that, I was able to snag a condo at Keystone in River Run for $72 a night. This condo would normally go for 350+. I'm going to go up, ski a few days and then clean my house with the rest of my...
  9. captain_hug99

Overcame so much and question

Veteran or experienced skier. :thumbsup:
  10. captain_hug99

Overcrowding at Epic and Ikon resorts

My main mountain is a Mom & Pop (Monarch in Colorado). We LOVE it. A busy day there and I don't need to wait long for any of the lifts that I go on. The lift that runs to blues and blacks does have a line, but nothing like an EPIC resort. This past weekend (MLK), my daughter and I were at...
  11. captain_hug99

Overcame so much and question

I'm mainly a lurker, but this past weekend, I felt like a "real skier!" My daughter (16) and I ski together, it is our thing to do as she can't jump off the lift to avoid the tough questions I ask her. LOL She is a much better skier than I am, I started at 37. But this weekend, I made a...
  12. captain_hug99

Want a Ski Diva sticker?

well now I need a new one!!!
  13. captain_hug99

For married or engaged divas, do you wear your rings when you’re skiing or riding?

Another person that wears a silicone ring, almost 90% of the time.
  14. captain_hug99

Holiday Snobbery!

Stuffing! I am a stuffing snob. We make it with sausage, onion, celery, and the turkey giblets. OMG so good! I agree with a previous poster that said turkey is for Thanksgiving and something else for Christmas. We've also been doing prime rib for the past several Christmases. This...
  15. captain_hug99

What does your number of ski days say about you?

Mine: You have three kids and two dogs and six goldfish and then there’s the kitchen remodel and the in-laws … Besides, Sweetums didn’t take to skiing and the bowling league meets at 11 on Saturdays. And the snow tires are shot and the weather never really looked all that good… (Next year, just...
  16. captain_hug99

EPIC FOR EVERYONE Pass Launched

I got the $129 Military Epic, that is $20 more than last year, but I'm not complaining!
  17. captain_hug99

Chairlift accident in France

EXACTLY How do you not notice?
  18. captain_hug99

Ski Advice: Intermediate Skier in CO (Head Absolut Joy v. Blizzard Pearl 78/88)

Hello! I'm also in Colorado Springs, we also moved here about 10 years ago. My daughter and I just went to Keystone but our home mountain is Monarch. Let me know where you demo your BPs from. That is a ski I'm interested in as well.
  19. captain_hug99

Ski apps

I use SkiTracks. As an intermediate skier, it helps me gauge my improvement.
  20. captain_hug99

How many of these "old school" ski areas have you skied?

Monarch is the first mountain my daughter and I went to. It is also the mountain I take students from my school (yes, I'm that kind of crazy). I love that there is the single base area and she can do the runs she wants and I can do the runs I'm capable of. I have friends that go to Cooper...