• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Catherine

Who wants stretch pants back?

I had a pair made by Fera in the early 90s. They went over the boot. Loved them ! Wore them with a big purple Patagonia parka..... I am short so I like pants that are cut "skinnier" Otherwise I feel like the michelin man.
  2. Catherine

Alberta 2017/2018

Love Tin can trees ! I am a solid intermediate skier. Thought I was pretty good until I met the skiers out here ! I looked up all your recommendations. I have been to freefall,and want to check out the Goat Glades. My daughter is in the Southern Alberta Freestyle Club so we are there...
  3. Catherine

Alberta 2017/2018

I was in the trees ! On the Star Trek side of Wawa Was there on Saturday, it snowed all day. Couldn't go upper mountain, no visibility. I am going to explore Goats Eye on Tuesday. Any recommendations ?
  4. Catherine

Banff/Lake Louise for this long weekend! Help!

Maybe Sunday. Will let you know how it is tomorrow
  5. Catherine

Banff/Lake Louise for this long weekend! Help!

Everyone I talked to said Sunshine was great today. The magic carpet will be open, start there. Then there is a nice green off WaWa chair, called meadow park. I wish there was some standardization on ski runs as well. Maybe see you tomorrow !
  6. Catherine

Kids boots in Calgary?

I have a pair of 21.5 Dalbellos that you are welcome to. My daughter just jumped up ! We are in Canmore
  7. Catherine

Soft shell pants?

I would love a a pair of those again. I had a pair that were bib style. Before I had a child. Loved them.
  8. Catherine

Opening Dates, 2017

Nakiska opens on the 4th. Norquay is hoping to beat them by a day and open TOMORROW !!!
  9. Catherine

Flatscreens on Chairlifts?

I don't even like earbuds......
  10. Catherine

Skiing in the east -- then the west -- then the east again.

I wish I had checked in earlier, we just moved our family out west ! We now live in Canmore Alberta. The motivating factor was all the things we like to do that require mountains, like skiing. We were in Kingston and I got tired of a 2 month ski season and chasing snow. My daughter loves to...
  11. Catherine

Question: Trails at Tremblant

Will do. We are on our way to Stoneham! Are you at Tremblant now?
  12. Catherine

A belated thank you for the suggestions. We had a nice second day despite poor visibility at the top. My daughter didn't mind it at all - she said it was like skiing in a dream!
  13. Catherine

Thanks for the reccomendations. We will try that today. Yesterday it was all about keeping my child comfortable. The people at Atomic were awesome-warmed her boots an set her up with hot shots. We had run in there to to sit down because her feet were hurting. Anyone that tries to cheer up a...
  14. Catherine

We are skiing tomorrow and I am not super familiar with the trails here. To be honest, we have never had a great day here, its always been cold and slick. Looks like tomorrow will be no exception. So, I need some recommendations on green runs because I am skiing with my 8 year old daughter...
  15. Catherine

Chairlift incidents

There are sections on that chair that are scary. Its "lucky" that the child fell where he/she did.
  16. Catherine

Big White for a low-intermediate and advanced from Ontario?

You may want to book a lesson on how to ski all the powder in that neck of the woods.:yahoo: Its completely different from Ontario snow.
  17. Catherine

The East Coast Whine Thread

Cancelled Bromont last week. When I called them earlier this month they were optimistic about being 80% open because they have so much snowmaking. Many people must be cancelling. I know a few people that are cancelling at Calabogie. Merry Christmas
  18. Catherine

The East Coast Whine Thread

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. Friends of mine were just at Tremblant, its sloppy and spring like.
  19. Catherine

Anyone been to Whiteface this year ?

They have to do something I guess. I sympathize with anyone in the east that is in the ski industry. I remember waiting for work to start when I lived in Whistler. Its tough.... and that was long before I had real bills to pay!
  20. Catherine

Mt St Anne ?

We have a family ski trip booked after Christmas. I haven't skied St Anne since I was a teenager because its always so frigging cold. However, that may work for us this year. Has anyone skied there there recently? Or heard about conditions? They don't have a blog and I am naturally skeptical...