• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. M

Good boot fitter in Calgary-Banff area

Pulse have a store in Banff - I've been to the Revelstoke store a few times and they're generally good. They were good when they sold me some custom liners that I had to give up on - refunded me the full cost of the liners, helped get the stock liners padded out to minimise the issues I was...
  2. M

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

83 for me, bit less than it should be due to some very mixed conditions. But most of those days were either very fun or at least good for character and a learning experience! And I think I probably skied my fat skis on at least half those days - and a JJ day is always a good day. So all in all a...
  3. M

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

I'm really enjoying Shogun on Disney - not sure how many more episodes there are but it's been excellent so far. I feel that there are many subtleties of Japanese etiquette and body language that I'm oblivious to so if someone else has watched the last couple of episodes and can explain if there...
  4. M

Shell Recs

I've had a Rab shell for the past couple of years and it fits nicely for a long torso and long arms. No powder skirt as it's a hiking jacket, but several large pockets. It's holding up well too.
  5. M

How wide of a powder ski should I demo?

I really don't need more powder skis so I might love 'em but anything that's put me off buying them is a good thing. :)
  6. M

I was put off the Sheeva 11 by the Blister review that mentioned it getting bogged down in low angle powder. For reference I have the old rustler 10 as a daily driver when there's not much fresh snow.
  7. M

Possibly should caveat this on the idea of it being a powder day only ski, rather than a versatile east coast option. I ski out west so 116 generally works well at least 50% of the season. I'll ski my JJs when there's 5cm of fresh but our base is probably a little more forgiving than yours...
  8. M

Broken record here! Armada ARW JJ 116. For the funnest of fun times.
  9. M

Boot Help: Tongue Pain

Good tip, I'll look out for those pads. Might be worth seeing if it fixes the problem with mine.
  10. M

Boot Help: Tongue Pain

I've had a similar sounding problem with my Atomic touring boots. Left foot is perfect, right foot has required major surgery on the tongue to try to get rid of the bit that's digging in. The bootfitter basically cut more and more plastic out of it. It's better but not good enough to ski...
  11. M

Photo of the day

Revelstoke trees after a season saving week of snow. Happy days!
  12. M

New boots too stiff - can I (personally) do the flex adjustment on the rear spine?

Not sure exactly about those but I have the Nordica Pro machine 115 and the boot fitter initially removed both the bolts from the rear for me. The bolts were replaced with a plastic button thingy, to protect the hole. Took a couple of minutes to add the bolt back in when I'd worn the boot in, so...
  13. M

Skier/Snowboarder responsibility code

It's interesting that you mention the ski code being displayed prominently. Revelstoke's facebook and insta stories last week were several pages of emphasising responsibilities and always being in control. I don't know if there'd been a bad collision or if it's just the low snow year forcing...
  14. M

How wide should a powder ski be for a short, lightweight skier?

Agreed on the ARW 116 - it's incredibly nimble. Looking at the list, I also wondered about the Blaze 106W in a 158, rather than the 94W.
  15. M

Skiing plateaus and (dys)functional patterns of movement

I kept the name in my mental to do list for a few months and then finally got around to following up on it at the start of this ski season. I've been doing the hip mobility exercises in the video below pretty much every day for the past 2 or 3 months and it really seems to be helping with lower...
  16. M

Seeking recommendations: men's baselayer top for long torso

Mid-layer - I have a long torso and the Black Diamond Coefficient fleece goes over my hips quite comfortably without being baggy. Base layer - I wear a lot of icebreaker and haven't found it too short - although the leggings have a high waist so there's less gap to fill.
  17. M

Volkl Blaze 86w

Any smaller Canadian divas - SportChek has the 146 Blaze 86W on sale for $279
  18. M

2nd boot, should I get pro machines?

One advantage of the 115 (I think - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is the quality of the stock liner. I also tried on the men's 110 promachine and it wasn't the same. Personally I think Nordica should provide the option of a lower flex boot with the top spec liner, it struck me as a...
  19. M

This Deb Armstrong Video Transformed my Skiing!

I was thinking about this today and although there are good odds that I wasn't doing anything close to what Deb is talking about in the video, just thinking about what I was doing (along with thinking about everything I'm learning in my lessons this season) seemed to help keep me stable and...
  20. M

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

That's reassuring - I don't handle well on ice but hopefully the skis will help! :)