• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. echo_VT

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

My educational goals were to not pass the assessment — I’m kidding. Yes, I passed, if that wasn’t clear with “I’m glad to have completed my educational goals…” Lol :rotf::clap::humble:
  2. echo_VT

- 70: yesterday riding with instructors and the newlyweds from a couple weeks back : spring conditions with 4 inches of new snow. We rode park laps (yew), hayride off the quad, nose dive woods, lift line. The woods at the top were great, I think due to the colder temps, the shade of the trees...
  3. echo_VT

We got a huge storm and dump on Apr 3 overnight for Apr 4 and into Apr 5. I didn’t ski it sadly but it looks like it was awesome. I was prepping (studying) when I wasn’t working for a PSIA assessment that I took on Apr 6-7. - 69 days - 68 on skis, practicing lessons in teaching on skis - 69 on...
  4. echo_VT

67 days - did the post wedding brunch and then I went skiing on my own at Stowe — I worked on bump skiing off the gondola (gondalier, cliff trail to nose dive to national). It was warm so no matter where one went, it was bump skiing… Met up with families from the race program at the octogon—...
  5. echo_VT

Stowe and Bolton Valley 2023-2024

Whoa where did the time go…? In January I got a lot of training done. Feb: - in early Feb got to do an event at Stowe with @empogo — it was pretty amazing. The conditions were excellent and we did all the ski runs. - we had some powder days, just after Presidents week and before with warmth...
  6. echo_VT

Smuggler’s Notch, Burke, Jay Peak conditions

I have not come here to update! I have gone to Burke but did not ski much but from the mid mtn lodge it appeared to have good coverage on trails … and I’ve been to Smuggs quite a bit. I did get to ski Smuggs a few times this season and I thought the conditions were great. They were during cold...
  7. echo_VT

66 days: - 59 with @jthree at BV and she shared some amazing photos of the sunset! We hit all the open terrain in glades before they closed it off due to the sunset - 60 at Okemo for half pipe clinic! So fun - 61 at Smuggs in white out conditions where I skied with parents, went down a black and...
  8. echo_VT

Closing Dates, 2024

Jay Peak will stay open longer as will Killington. Those might not be knowable at this point (May and June?)
  9. echo_VT

It’s been awhile! - 58 days 49 to 56: a mix of shuttling the kid for race practice or races during winter break for Vermont kids — I did get to ski with @empogo at her home mtn! — or I was working at my home hill. More group lessons than privates after the presidents holiday period. 57 and 58...
  10. echo_VT

Ski boot protectors: Cat Tracks, Yak Tracks, etc.

Might not be the right size… too small?
  11. echo_VT

Ski boot protectors: Cat Tracks, Yak Tracks, etc.

Back to cat tracks. I wear them more to protect the bottoms of the boots as I have canting. I slip on these as well as boots with gripwalk. have given the daughter the yak traks
  12. echo_VT

Looking for a goldilocks ski: low 80s, damp, lightweight, turny

Atomic Backland? If they make them in a narrower width Kastle MX If you demo, please report back!
  13. echo_VT

Am I going to regret these on sale DPS Pagoda RP 112?

I would add Elan Ripsticks, Rossi Soul 7, Nordica Santa Ana (the ski has been undergoing some changes, so this is a little unsure to say), perhaps Fischer ranger (last I checked this had rocket). I agree with Mindbender and Blaze and I don’t know the others so I can’t say. I’ve heard the black...
  14. echo_VT

Duplicate post!
  15. echo_VT

Sorry about the damaged goods @Porcupine I’m not sure storage would cause that but no sense in trying to figure that out… have you returned it?… agreed with others about DPS. I’m 5’4” 125 lbs and I ski the DPS Zelda 106 Alchemist in 158 (older version, 2018 maybe, pre-pagoda) and they’re...
  16. echo_VT

What is the best way to improve, when you can only ski 1 or 2 days a year.

Leg day, core day, and glutes day at the gym in the preceding 1-2 months before a ski holiday in order to continually ski for a ski holiday. @empogo turned me on to lifting, and not only does it make me feel better but it’s also great for lasting out there skiing for consecutive long days on...
  17. echo_VT

48 now - 46 morning and afternoon privates… I had a 5 yo in the morning who was too cold toward the end — and had a family in the afternoon (2 kids, age 7 and age 9) got the unstable brother age 7 parallel skiing on greens and at the end we did a blue run and he did so well! He listened to...
  18. echo_VT

How many jacket and pant do you own?

This has happened to me. It didn’t come all the way down but I pulled over and stepped out of my binding. I’ve also just yanked the pants out of the binding. Oof. Oof for me… :doh:
  19. echo_VT

How many jacket and pant do you own?

I have just one jacket… and it’s got a big hole in it :cry: … I was just saying it’s amazing, I use it for everything over 5 years old. I have multiple ski/snowboard pants but not shell jackets. Ugh. This one is really painful. Need my hand held right now…
  20. echo_VT

45 so far - 43 at Burke, I did end up having to ski to retrieve a meal and bring it back as the mid mountain lodge doesn’t have anything to eat. Went for a race! - 44 at Stowe, lesson in the morning, training in the afternoon - 45 at Bolton Valley! Wind hold yesterday. So just lower mountain run.