• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. ride_ski

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

Looks like you guys are having a great time!
  2. ride_ski

Yep, I say that one too.
  3. ride_ski

For me growing up south of Boston it is "wicked awesome"
  4. ride_ski

FYI flylow next season

This is usually my problem too.
  5. ride_ski

Volkl Blaze 86w

But they are such pretty "round little turns" :)
  6. ride_ski

Killington World cup

We will usually walk back to the car after the races to avoid waiting in the shuttle lines. If you park at Snowshed, it's not too far and it's all downhill. Many people walk back.
  7. ride_ski

Killington World cup

Using bungee cords is easier than tape. The first year we taped and then figured out using bungee cords is easier (especially getting them off at the end)
  8. ride_ski

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

I was part of the Volkl Aura club and I love my Blazes. I was looking for something better for bumps and trees though....
  9. ride_ski

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

Just saw this thread (can't believe 3 pages in just as many days). Love my Blaze's. I skied almost every day last season on them. Did a ski week in Taos with the Divas, so saw powder, bumps and trees. Then skied the rest of the year in Vt with not so much powder....I love them so much that DH...
  10. ride_ski

The Ski Diva + SkiTalk Ski Review Sharing Partnership

Looking forward to this crossover partnership.
  11. ride_ski

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

Congrats to both of you! @ski diva, your shoes will be hard to fill, but I couldn't think of a better person to step in. Glad this community exists and looking forward to the next 17 years
  12. ride_ski

How are the Crowds at Killington?

We have found that the last 2 seasons on Saturday's Killington is quite crowded (to the point that we will go and ski for only 2-3 hours and then leave). Sundays are much less crowded and more enjoyable. Fridays are also much more crowded than they used to me. I have not been to Okemo so I can't...
  13. ride_ski

Has anyone used the Hip Hook?

I don't have one but have used one at the gym- not sure I would buy one. I also have a few trigger point massage balls that I use at home and can get into the same spots. They may not get in as deep, but it seems to do the trick
  14. ride_ski

I got new skis!

Yes, I also had the Blaze's with me in Taos. I had bought them based on what Missyski and Lisamamot said in their reviews, skied one day on Missyski's pair at Diva East, LOVED them and then had mine mounted. So Taos was the first time I skied on mine. Loved how they handled all the conditions in...
  15. ride_ski

Which Skis to Take?

I was one of those that just had the Volkl Blaze's in Taos. I was VERY happy with how they skied. So they would get my vote
  16. ride_ski

Rejoice with me! Big breakthrough!

Congrats!
  17. ride_ski

Next time in Big Sky …..

That is a beautiful tribute- thank you for sharing. Next time we are there, we will definitely stop at the memorial. DH and I think of Laura often.
  18. ride_ski

Any Divas going to WAA this week at Okemo?

I'm not going, but I hope you have fun!
  19. ride_ski

Heated gloves

I am on my third season with a pair of Savior mittens and my husband is on season 2 with a pair of their gloves. Still working well. This brand is much less expensive than some of the others. But we both have been happy with them. For any heated gloves, you need to stay on top of "caring" for...