• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. COchick

Big Sky, Montana - 1/20 thru 1/24 2014

Well, we are back from our Big Sky trip! Sadly, I was not able to get together with @Skisailor while there. Truly a bummer! It just seemed like we had opposite schedules the whole time. BUT, your advice was invaluable and I definitely appreciated your info and availability! I really liked...
  2. COchick

Yes! You are awesome! I will PM you. :)
  3. COchick

Awesome, thanks! The cafe it is! I don't trust my crew to be discrete. LOL. Just as long as there is at least ONE place since we like to pack our lunches. I assume there are lockers there. My all mountains are 98mm. (Rossi S3) Great tips on the trees. I really do love skiing trees but...
  4. COchick

Skiing again after injury

This is awesome. And Amen sistah.
  5. COchick

Oh! Also... best place for a massage? :)
  6. COchick

Skiing again after injury

It's just a different perspective on life. Some people would hole up in their houses and putter around the garden for the rest of their lives and keep things safe and cozy. There is nothing wrong with that if it brings you joy. I've been hurt skiing and yeah, it totally freaks me out to think...
  7. COchick

We're only days away!! EEEK! (I haven't even started packing). I keep hearing great things about the conditions there this year - hope it still holds true. It is surely better than most places I'd guess. I have a couple of questions for you, @Skisailor! *Where is the best place to eat...
  8. COchick

RIP, Warren Miller

So sad... Thank you sir for all you've done for the ski industry and the fabulous films you've made. May your legacy carry on.
  9. COchick

Survey on Sexual Harassment in the Outdoors & Outdoor Industry

Eh. I think there is a lot of subjectiveness about what makes something harassment vs. someone trying to pick you up vs. someone that's just clueless and stupid vs. someone that's actually a threat. It can be difficult to differentiate sometimes. But generally, speaking only for myself...
  10. COchick

Why this is for women only.

I think, in addition to the women-only culture here, there is just such support of a wide range of abilities... there are no stupid questions here, and whether you're just starting or an experienced instructor, everyone is treated kindly and graciously. I've lurked on Epic for years and while...
  11. COchick

True, very true! LOL! In addition to some on-mountain guidance, I'm also open to any great restaurant suggestions. We're foodie-type people... Normally we cook on ski trips but I think we may eat out some this time. By the way, I see that Montana is getting pounded right now... like...
  12. COchick

Panic attack at the Top

Yeah I don't know a single person that hasn't had a mental moment on the mountain at some point. For me, it's usually triggered by conditions more so than terrain. I think because it was thin and icy when I fell and fractured my tibia plateau, so every time I encounter something thin and icy I...
  13. COchick

Best gear for brutally cold weather

Great minds think alike! :)
  14. COchick

Best gear for brutally cold weather

I agree with all of this stuff. But let's not forget... when it's brutally cold outside, stopping for breaks and having a hot toddy is THE BEST! :)
  15. COchick

Skiing in Colorado: Rent skis there? Take mine?

Definitely take them! It's why you have your own gear, right?
  16. COchick

Transwomen and ski/equipment choices

Welcome! And I am in camp DEMO DEMO DEMO. I once tried a pair of skis that, at the time, I really fell in love with. I thought they were the shiznit. Then, I tried another pair the next day and the difference was astounding. I think the reason I loved the first pair so much is that they...
  17. COchick

I've been watching the conditions and YES we are stoked!! I hope it keeps up! *fingers crossed* Now just to get fit. I had a bit of a stumbling block when I broke my ribs a month ago... shenanigans. As of today they are finally feeling a bit better so I can get back into exercising, but I'm...
  18. COchick

Does anyone here meditate?

I guess because I feel one of the goals of meditation is to be able to remove yourself from what is going on around you and reach your center. And by using ear plugs, you're taking a short-cut. I think a quiet place is one thing, but using something to specifically deprive one of your senses...
  19. COchick

Does anyone here meditate?

I do it sporadically... but I'm so easily distracted that it's incredibly difficult for me. If I wear ear plugs and tune the world out, it's easier, but I feel like that defeats the purpose. I've never tried a guided meditation though, perhaps I should.
  20. COchick

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

My goal is simply. Don't get hurt. In all seriousness, I really aim every year to improve - I feel like if I don't leave the mountain a better skier than I arrived, that I somehow failed. But I've been having a little knee pain that I'm trying to not let get to me. I've started riding my...