• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. alicie

Anxiety

Thanks guys. today I am gutted though. I woke up and get really quite ill. I feel so sick and I got dizzy and weak half way up the stairs. So no skiing for me today I don’t think.
  2. alicie

Anxiety

Well today went better. Legs much less tired as I was more forward. I also swapped groups with someone so I could go a bit slower and concentrate on what I was doing. So I did 1.5 hours today. Still very very anxious though.
  3. alicie

Anxiety

I think it doesn’t help that it’s one week before the World Cup starts. And we chose this week as my dad works away 28 days on 28 days off and it was the only week they had available before half term. It doesn’t help that the runs are so long, I prefer Austria tbh, shorter runs but people...
  4. alicie

Anxiety

I wondered if they were too soft but the boots fit me great (strolz) so I don’t want to fiddle with that and when I lose weight the boots will be more my level of flex. I am 340lbs so very very heavy. I have anxiety abou5 everythinggggggg and I mean everything. But skiing anxiety is very...
  5. alicie

Anxiety

I think half the problem is if I don’t ski I’ll regret it but when I do ski I’m mentally and physically exhausted. I do want to ski. I plan do at least half my 2 hour lesson tomorrow and Friday. I think I’d be happy with that. I just was so excited I’ve been waiting since this time last...
  6. alicie

Anxiety

I have a psychologist but no session this week as I’m on holiday. I bloody love the gym and my personal trainer, but never in a million years would I go to the gym alone. I do go 4 times a week. And I volunteer in a charity shop one day a week too.
  7. alicie

Anxiety

Thanks guys. I just don’t want to bloody well do this anymore. Like anything really. Not gonna do anything but I just feel like it. I was doing so well before I came and now I feel like packing everything in. It’s ridiculous really. But I’m just so disappointed and sad about how I feel...
  8. alicie

Anxiety

Thanks guys.
  9. alicie

Anxiety

Totally missed the cross country skiing bit, sorry. I haven’t tried and tbh I don’t particularly want to and there’s not anywhere near me to do it anyway.
  10. alicie

Anxiety

It’s definitely fitness and weight. When I was 100lbs lighter, i was anxious but nowhere near as much as I am now, now I’m 100lbs heavier than I was when I was last skiing. I have no ski buddies, that’s why I like lessons as then I’m with others the same level as me. I don’t mind group...
  11. alicie

Anxiety

We’re pretty much the exact same level, he’s just a lot more confident than me. They just have to keep waiting for me because I keep stopping to rest. I just wish I hadn’t come, I need to lose another 50-100lbs to be comfy I think. I’m about 340lbs at the moment, which is just too heavy to...
  12. alicie

Anxiety

Yeah my top speed to like 17mph. Which is isn’t too bad. thtought I would post an update. well it’s going okay I guess. I did 5 miles yesterday. And no idea today but probably like 1.5 miles or so. Did an hours skiing yesterday then an hour of the lesson. And just an hour of the lesson...
  13. alicie

Courchevel, Les 3 Vallees, France.

The snow is great.
  14. alicie

I’m upside down lol
  15. alicie

I’ve totally forgotten the lift names and run names but in the lesson we went up Jardin Alpin. And then skied down. And then I gave up as my thighs were killing me. It’s because I’m in the back seat, but the lessons are working on that.
  16. alicie

Oops two are sideways, sorry.
  17. alicie

Staying in a chalet in Courchevel Le Praz. Stayed here before. Thought I would add pics as I go. Not done any skiing yet but we went for a short walk and thought I would share a couple pics.
  18. alicie

Anxiety

Well, we drive to Edinburgh tomorrow and our flight is Saturday. I’m anxious but not as anxious as I thought I would be. My boots are good and salopettes fit fine (and I’ve lost like 6-7 lbs since I last had them on, so they should fit even better lol), my jacket fits well. I have my GoPro...
  19. alicie

Magazine recommendations

In the uk we have Fall-line. Which is a good magazine. Not sure where it ships to though.
  20. alicie

Thin wool socks for wide calves

I just wear the no padding smart wool socks. They go over my calves pretty well and my calves are 19/20 inches. And I’m a little bit taller than you, only by an inch or so. Not sure how big your calves are though, they could be bigger. But I’ve never had issues with socks.