• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. lisamamot

Shell Recs

We have an older TNF down jacket that fits us well (us = me and my daughter, she is 5'11"). I don't believe I have tried the Ceptor though. I cannot seem to get Norrona to fit me. When I size up to get hip/shoulder room, the sleeves/body length are actually too long -it feels like it was made...
  2. lisamamot

Shell Recs

Both models of the Environ have a pass pocket as does the Figment. Per the salesperson I spoke to, the Figment fits more like the Environ Anorak XT, but I wanted a solid color rather than color blocked so I did not try it.
  3. lisamamot

Shell Recs

Needing longer sleeve lengths is my major fit issue! I am only 5'9" but I have the arm length of someone inches taller, lol. A few I own: Stio Environ XT Anorak - the full zip Environ shell had shorter sleeves and was exchanged for the anorak FlyLow Lucy - fully featured, but it is a lighter...
  4. lisamamot

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

Thank you. After burying my boys I was able, with medical intervention to the 9s, to achieve a 2nd pregnancy and deliver them safely. Agreed, women should rely on input from their trusted health care providers and then make their decisions based on that feedback as well as their personal...
  5. lisamamot

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

As everyone has said, the choices that are made during a pregnancy are so very personal. Congratulations on your pregnancy and successful trip! Most women can exercise and enjoy whatever activities they have enjoyed prior to their pregnancy whether that be skiing, biking, horseback riding...
  6. lisamamot

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

I have not been on the newly redesigned model (96mm), but know they played with the lengths. I don’t find the older model skis any shorter than other similar skis with rocker. I ski the 172 in the Sheeva 9 and Santa Ana 93. In the new Sheeva 9 I would be on the 174 which is 1 cm shorter than...
  7. lisamamot

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

Yup, happens every time I come to my parents’ here in Craftsbury Common.
  8. lisamamot

@ski diva also displaying the Blizzard glow in the glades Mr Ski Diva, @Quiver Queen and @shadoj Reflection board in the lodge - loved reading some of these. @Verve - thank you for all the wonderful guiding about!
  9. lisamamot

Welcome to Canada text, lol. Expected snowfall for Jay, and ramen bowl for lunch. @ballen in @shadoj all smiles @jthree with the Blizzard glow peeking out of the snow
  10. lisamamot

That really was fantastic!! We laughed so hard.
  11. lisamamot

Looking for a narrow ski out west

Calling @tinymoose - as an advanced skier with similar specs, your insight is always helpful.
  12. lisamamot

Edging Assistance - Nordica Santa Ana 93's

You noted side grind, but did you mean base grind? When you say “before I got them”, does that mean you bought new and had them tuned immediately, or did you buy them used?
  13. lisamamot

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

Yeah, apparently I am not picky on width as both skied the bumps/steeps well. Only standout differential was hiking weight!
  14. lisamamot

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

I skied both the Blaze 86 and the Santa Ana 93 at Taos and both were great. In hindsight I could easily have just brought the Blaze 86 as I definitely preferred hiking with it over the Santa Ana!
  15. lisamamot

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

Oh, how incredibly tragic and on a beginner run. My heart breaks for her family and the responders. Helmets education should be widespread and usage mandatory for minors - I can only imagine her family's pain and regret if she was not wearing one.
  16. lisamamot

Edging Assistance - Nordica Santa Ana 93's

I ski the Santa Ana 93 172 from a couple seasons ago and have taken them from New England to Tahoe, to Taos and to Big Sky and have never had an issue with mine. That said, I am unsure what changes have been in the last couple of seasons. I do feel the Santa Ana prefers a more forward stance...
  17. lisamamot

TR Grand Targhee, Big Sky, Bridger, March 2024

Same...especially when I take the tram up and ski down Liberty Bowl I remember her wonderful guidance.
  18. lisamamot

Sunday River - Maine Adaptive

In the event it is a Diva, thank you to the other Anonymous Donor!!
  19. lisamamot

Sunday River - Maine Adaptive

@marzNC and @ilovepugs, thank you both :becky:
  20. lisamamot

"Picking" a Tune

1 base 3 edge on all my skis (85mm-93mm).