• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. DeweySki

What are Divas reading?

I picked up an advanced copy of Last Chairlift at the American Library Association Conference last year... haven't even touched it because it's so intimidating! Is it worth it? Sounds like it's a "maybe?"
  2. DeweySki

Question: Whats your set up? AT/ Backcountry

Haha, right? This was my first winter on that group, and was like, "Wait, there are people from all over Northern California on this group..." I will say the group is also good for scoping current conditions on certain peaks when people post pictures of their missions within days or hours of...
  3. DeweySki

This group is helpful and will be able to answer your two questions, but it will not restore your faith in FB :/ When the pandemic started this group got SUPER toxic and mean, especially around discussions about who should be allowed to go backcountry skiing and who should not (long story short...
  4. DeweySki

I am only an occasional Tahoe BC skier and mostly in the spring when we can time our tours on a good corn cycle. I'm on DPS Yvettes (112 mm) and just picked up a used pair of Armada Kufos (103 mm), for a smaller waist option, but of course these are not made anymore. I feel like I see a lot of...
  5. DeweySki

Does the iPhone Max fit into your ski jackets?

Thanks! A straw pole with my friends revealed the same thing -- everyone is like, "I can't imagine going back to the smaller one!"
  6. DeweySki

Clarification iPhone Max = iPhone Plus
  7. DeweySki

Flylow Nina Pants

Just made a thread asking a similar question about the iphone plus/max! This is a ~serious~ concern I see :)
  8. DeweySki

I have been on the smaller iPhone forever, and thinking about upgrading my ancient iPhone 7 to the new iPhone 11 Max. The 11 does come in the normal, smaller size too, so that's always an option. I am really concerned that the iPhone max will not fit in a lot of my ski jackets where I generally...
  9. DeweySki

Subaru Forester/Mazda CX-5

Was thinking this too, that they phased out the turbo on the Forester in 2018/2019. The same guy that told me that also told me that the Forester doesn't actually have any better clearance than the Outback, it's just sits up slightly higher? Not sure if I believe that but never did the research...
  10. DeweySki

Subaru Forester/Mazda CX-5

We are an Audi/Subaru family, but my A3 is driving my SO crazy because it's such a basketcase so my next car (is in, needs to purchased in the next 30 days) is only allowed to be a Subaru or a Jeep. Audi = fun & fast = expensive and finicky.
  11. DeweySki

Elevate Women’s Ski Camp

I did the camp in 2017 and 2018 and loved it! I even had an epic crash and got injured in the 2018 camp and would still recommend it lolz :) The camp has a wider range of skiers than the marketing materials would lead you to believe. It actually took me a few years to work up the confidence to...
  12. DeweySki

Where do you usually ski?

@santacruz skier sorry, I have been MIA! Getting the itch so of course I had to log in and see what everyone is up to:smile: LiquidFeet ........... Bretton Woods, Cannon, Wildcat (NH) santacruzskier ......Heavenly and Northstar (Tahoe) MissySki................Sunday River (ME) Ski Diva: Mostly...
  13. DeweySki

You don't have to drink to ski.

I remember reading this article when it came out in Powder and thinking, "Wow, this is not at all what I experience in ski culture." It was also around the time the author appeared on the Safety Third podcast. Both the episode and podcast are highly recommended. After the article and podcast, I...
  14. DeweySki

Getting ready for the season - 2018/2019

Honestly, I have never thought about this one! I don't even know what it does haha. Track vertical? I've never tracked my vert so maybe that's why? I do get emails from Epic after every ski day telling me how many lift rides, vertical feet, etc. I had for the day and tell me what badges I earned.
  15. DeweySki

Getting ready for the season - 2018/2019

One of my funny pre-season rituals is re-arranging all the apps on my phone so my snow and mountain ones are easier to find. Currently have: --On The Snow --Tahoe Snow Map --Fat Map (new, 3D maps of ski resorts--we'll see!) --Powder Project (new REI backcountry thing, haven't used it yet) --Peak...
  16. DeweySki

Rossignol Sky7 vs Line Pandora

Yay, congrats on the new skis! Please let us know what you think. I LOVE the topsheets on the Pandoras this year and am trying to find a reason to buy the 104s :)
  17. DeweySki

Body image and skiing.

Very interesting! I had honestly never thought about it this way, probably because I don't know any teenage girls, but it makes total sense. I agree about this forum. I was going to say something similar about "people on this forum probably don't represent the average," but was having trouble...
  18. DeweySki

Body image and skiing.

10 is a M or L depending on the company. I agree, it would be interesting to figure out where the actual size distribution of skiers is. There was a thread on this forum last year or the year before where everyone was rattling off their height and weight, I believe for determining length of...
  19. DeweySki

Body image and skiing.

Yeah I agree this is tough one. Is there no demand for larger sizes because people above size 14 aren't even trying to find outdoor gear in their size because the marketing so clearly tells them that "skiing [or sport X] is for skinny people"? Or is there no demand for larger sizes because there...
  20. DeweySki

Rossignol Sky7 vs Line Pandora

I have not demoed the Pandoras, but a bought a pair this summer of the 2018s in the 94 waist as my new midfat (I ski mostly in California). I felt fine doing this since my first skis ever were Lines and I know enough about what I like in a ski to buy without demoing on certain skis. I feel like...