• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. WaterGirl

Requesting Advice on Ski Boot Fitter in Salt Lake Area for Flat Feet

I would recomend Brent Amsbury also
  2. WaterGirl

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

Thanks for reaching out to LOOK bindings. We can help you with this information, please see below. Pivot 12 Toe Height - 16.5 mm Heel Height - 19 mm Weight - 2210 g pr Pivot 14 Toe Height - 16.5 mm Heel Height - 19 mm Weight - 2230 g pr
  3. WaterGirl

I'm a Pants Slut!

I found a source!!!! https://snowears.com/collections/snow-pants-bibs/WOMEN
  4. WaterGirl

Women's Surfing Camp/Lessons

- just a few more thoughts, I didn't list the other brands Billabong, Rip curl, Buell etc b/c their entry level $200 suits are similar to Roxy being made with far inferior neoprene as compared to Xcel and O'Neill or they do not offer extended sizes........ a wetsuit company to watch is Manera...
  5. WaterGirl

@Amie H There's been a lot of ups and downs in the women's wetsuit production, its a loss leader for most companies b/c men are the majority of consumers. The trend for most suits is "front zip" or over the shoulder, which you have to crawl into. I prefer a back zip for several reasons so that...
  6. WaterGirl

ok I cross posted with you but.......On further thought @Amie H If you wanted cheap and close for you, with your $1,500 you could get yourself a really nice wetsuit and your own board and start paddling on a regular basis in Lake Michigan near your home town to maintain fitness then hit up...
  7. WaterGirl

@Amie H For Simply's 8K you can come stay at my house for a week, and I'll take you surfing, more than '3 days' ;0 IMHO Learning to surf in warm water is much better, you don't have to deal with a restrictive wetsuit or getting cold.... for your price range I would do a quick trip to Honolulu...
  8. WaterGirl

@edelweissmaedl where are you sourcing your shims for the pivots ?
  9. WaterGirl

FWIW LOOK got back to me - Pivot 12 Toe Height - 16.5 mm Heel Height - 19 mm Weight - 2210 g pr Pivot 14 Toe Height - 16.5 mm Heel Height - 19 mm Weight - 2230 g pr 820g Squire (add? 30g for shim?) 1105g for Pivot per pair -- 1/2 lb difference
  10. WaterGirl

I love how this thread is paralleling my thought process. Shims on the way from Vermont! yeah! Looking at other options and was researching the LOOK Pivots, per SkiTalk its 2.5mm difference. I just emailed Look to get a response on the Pivot 12/14 toe/ heel and weight. As much as I love my...
  11. WaterGirl

How Apropos ;) I too have been in contact w/ @MissySki 's boot fitter and will have some shims comming from him. :yahoo: Thank you @MissySki !!!!! I will follow up w / this thread when I have more time, but I did talk to Marker on Friday and they are not changing the demo binding for next year...
  12. WaterGirl

Nordica's 'The Connect Tour 2024' ??? anyone participate?

Anyone participate in one these tour days? I saw this offered at Mammoth in a few weeks, not sure I would PAY $249 to do this? It is limited to 3 groups of 7? Besides trying next years skis what would be the benefits? you get 3 sessions on different skis and then one more hour to 'free'...
  13. WaterGirl

Milo walkie talkie?

@Peaheartsmama wow the Milo is interesting but expensive. I have had Rocky talkies since 2/21, I used them more for hiking recently. However, bc meadow skipping trip 2 weeks ago to the local mountains and having DH snowboard different lines than I ski in the tight trees in a non-cell service...
  14. WaterGirl

Have Ripstick 94W, want something more edgey for frozen Sierra corduroy....

FWIW in mammoth with the same Sierra snow.... I bought the Phoenix 13 ti in this video from Tricia and Phill and rode it exclusively from Easter to JULY last year, some of the worst grooming I've ever encountered and a lot of early morning frozen. I was happy in the early am when everyone else...
  15. WaterGirl

Mammoth Ski Resort 2023-2024

@alithai I realized that the final clinic was during the week, which is funny bc last year they were all on the weekends.... I'm not able to make the final women's clinic but will look to see if they add more :)
  16. WaterGirl

Thoughts on choosing bindings?

Griffons are heavier than the Squire and both have about 4-5mm difference between toe and heel, the Squire and Griffon demos are of course heavier, and have a negative delta of -1 the toe is higher than heel. If you are sensitive to Delta check what you are buying to see if it compares to the...
  17. WaterGirl

Pin Binding Recommendations

then you are lucky ;) I would need to double shim my dynafit to get to what I need, hence the Marker Alpinist which is +2mm. The Dynafits are +13-15mm, from what I can find the ATK are around 11 - FWIW for info on the different delta heights if anyone is interested...
  18. WaterGirl

@Analisa thoughts on what the delta is on the ATK Raider?
  19. WaterGirl

Currently in process of replacing my Dynafits with Marker Alpinist 10. Primarily because of the large binding delta (13mm difference). I tried the thickest B&D toe shim but still too high heel. The Alpinist is 2mm difference and a lighter binding. If binding delta is an issue for you you may...
  20. WaterGirl

Skiing plateaus and (dys)functional patterns of movement

I have also done some of his workouts when I was having issues and it really helped, thanks for the reminder to get back to doing some of the basic stretches...... and Thanks @Elizabeth.I !