• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. BethL

Help Needed: My New Skis are Miserable

I'm so sorry to hear that the Cheyennes are not working out for you. I bought the same skis a year or two ago in size 163 (or 164). I'm 5'8" 125 lbs and now in my 7th year of skiing. I had a few seasons of 30-40 days here in Colorado but will be under 20 days this season. I too had some bad...
  2. BethL

Question: Colorado Divas - Georgetown?

Winter Park is my happy place. :) There are several one day bump clinics offered each season at WP. I've done a few, and I need to do more. You just have to be a blue skier to do the clinics. Check the clinic schedule when it's posted next season, and maybe you'll luck out and get to attend...
  3. BethL

BP 78 or Total Joys?

I'm probably the only person to say this in Colorado, but the Cheyenne's (same as the BP 78's I think) are my favorite ski! I also have the BP's - the 88 width. I'm 5'8" 125lbs and ski the Cheyenne's in 164 (or 163, I cannot remember which) on most days. I like groomers and soft bumps. I'll...
  4. BethL

Help Needed: Advice for Road Bike Size for Petite Woman

I ride my cross bike more than my road bike these days. Great on gravel/dirt roads. Change the tires, and it's almost as good as a regular road bike.
  5. BethL

Who's Bought Their Season Passes for '17/'18?

RMSP+ for me, DH, and the kids. Paid for two adult passes, and both kids are free (12 and under are free)! Will probably buy a Devil's Thumb Nordic pass too but not until the fall.
  6. BethL

Looking for ski jacket & pants for VERY long arms & legs

I also have trouble finding jackets and pants that are long enough. A few years ago I finally found a jacket that works - the Outdoor Research Women's Aspenglow Jacket. I found it on sale at SierraTradingPost. It has very light insulation, so I usually add a warm layer (down when it's really...
  7. BethL

Forcing your kids to ski

Yes, way too dry until the rain started this week. Now, we're in good shape. Mountain biking trails are now muddy, but the skiing is much better! And my kids "forced" me to do a bunch of black bump runs today.
  8. BethL

Forcing your kids to ski

Last Sunday DD (age 9) wanted to ski while I wanted to go for a bike ride. We went skiing. It turned out to be a good choice, because the air at home was smokey (fire in Boulder) while the air at the ski area was fine.
  9. BethL

Blizzard Black Pearl skis good for moguls?

I like the Blizzard Cheyenne in bumps. It's a little narrower than the Black Pearls, which I also have. I ski at Winter Park.
  10. BethL

Heading to Colorado from Michigan

Eldora is a great option. The only issue is that Feb 10 is a local school holiday, so the slopes might be packed with kids. I suggest Winter Park.
  11. BethL

Chairlift Rescue Yesterday at A-Basin

I've been thinking about leaving the backpack at home all season, because I think it's throwing off my balance when I ski (especially on bumps). After reading this story, the backpack is staying home this weekend! Several years ago, I was caught on the Indian Peaks lift at Eldora because of a...
  12. BethL

Cold toes

Intuition liners = magic warmth! Still working on getting the boot buckles adjusted properly, but my toes were basically fine in zero/subzero temps today at Winter Park, without toe warmers!
  13. BethL

Cold toes

Maybe part of the problem is that I had to heat my boots (because of the ZipFits). I'm going to try something different, hopefully on Friday (start of a 2 week ski vacation!!!). Thanks for all of the input!
  14. BethL

Cold toes

With ZipFits, I use a heated boot bag to make sure that I always start with warm boots. What do people do with Intuition liners? I assume that a heated boot bag might not be good for the molded liners.
  15. BethL

Cold toes

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of heated socks over the boot heaters. My toes are still sore from skiing on Sunday, so I have to do something. I'm going to try Intuition liners (from Larry's) first. I'll go over to the heated socks thread if I need something beyond the new liners...
  16. BethL

Cold toes

My heel is doing a little of both - lifting & moving side-to-side. Moving the middle buckle one tighter helps my heel but then my feet feel so tight. I've had these boots for three years.
  17. BethL

Cold toes

Circulation might be part of my issue. I tried not tightening my boots too much, but then my right heel moves a little bit.
  18. BethL

Cold toes

I wear darn tough socks, and I have plenty of room to wiggle my toes. I use chemical toe warmers on really cold days. It did not seem that cold yesterday, but I had to go in at 2pm to add the toe warmers. I sometimes use the boot glove, but it only seems to help for part of the day. My foot...
  19. BethL

Cold toes

Same here - I'm trying to avoid boot heaters. My feet were never cold in my old boots. Unfortunately the old boots were too big, so that was an issue. I'm wondering if the cork (it's cork, right?) in the ZipFit liners does not retain heat very well.
  20. BethL

Cold toes

My toes seem to be getting colder every season. I have zip fit liners in dalbello boots. I always start the day with warm boots (heated boot bag). I'm wondering if the zip fit liners do not hold heat as well as other liners?