• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Rainbow Jenny

Flying with skis - ANA

I’ve flown by Japan Air and All Nippon Air in recent years, both generous with check-in ski gear as long as kept under weight limit. Dimension? Hasn’t been a concern for me since I’ve gotten away with using snowboard bag for my skis. Note if you are transferring to another Japanese airport...
  2. Rainbow Jenny

Question: All-inclusive lodging options

I shoveled and had some more tea this morning, just had a sense that opening Pali would be overly optimistic, then realized I had some obligations I procrastinated on. Pali didn’t open. It’s starting to snow prodigiously again. Just feel bad for those who are taking a week of vacation to...
  3. Rainbow Jenny

Thanks, I’m a full-time Tahoe resident for several years now, even got to shovel 3-4 feet of snow today. Indeed it’s a big one. Alpine is my home mountain where I work. -got my avy pack ready, practice at least annually on how to use it -spoke extensively with a friend who lives at Alpine with...
  4. Rainbow Jenny

Club Med offerings in Hokkaido: Sahoro, Kiroro, and Tomamu. https://www.clubmed.us/d/asia-indian-ocean/japan?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAuYuvBhApEiwAzq_YiU7tAUMPaF0GlC9cx4QeUGCYgm_FAuYVVd77uZeSbg_BdBtZEr1-lhoCoqMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I've only skied the latter 2 before Club Med arrived.
  5. Rainbow Jenny

Help Needed: Taos travel and lodging

Oops, the Blue Bus Taos 305 only runs on the weekend while the 300/200 runs on weekdays. https://www.ncrtd.org/all-routes/300-taos/ My Santa Fe to ABQ Groome driver was a local, I hopped on the front seat and had some great non-skiing NM conversations with him.
  6. Rainbow Jenny

Help Needed: Taos travel and lodging

From ABQ in January, I took the Taos Ride LLC to the base of TSV. The service requires multiple passengers booking together or random folks happen to be traveling around the same time. Unfortunately, Peter, the super nice owner from the UK who use to run TSV shuttle services, didn't have other...
  7. Rainbow Jenny

Any Ski Divas in Niseko Japan?

@DianeLuvs2Ski, you should definitely be carrying avy gear when skiing out of gates at Niseko. Have a friend who brings his DPS Wailer and a pair of SL skis when spending a month or two ski Japan from Australia, you have the right idea. When in Hokkaido, I devote much time hanging out with...
  8. Rainbow Jenny

Palisades (Tahoe)

The paper trail map also has a list of recommendations of where to ski depending on one’s ability. I imagine if your housing is at OV, you either can walk or just take the Mountaineer instead of driving and deal with parking headache next week.
  9. Rainbow Jenny

Ski Movies with a Plot

Came across this movie review: https://www.skimag.com/culture/katie-burrell-weak-layers-ski-movie/
  10. Rainbow Jenny

Touring pants recommendations!

I’ve been happy with my 6 year old Dynafit Yotei, especially with the ankle side zip for when my top buckle access was paramount for my boots’ walk/ski mode. But the material is thin, I’ve had to patch them from the inside a few times. And the position of waist pocket is, I rather have thigh...
  11. Rainbow Jenny

Nikseko Over Easter

I also don’t recall the green runs well except Ace 1 is a family chair. You can easily ask around while you’re there.
  12. Rainbow Jenny

Nikseko Over Easter

OP is going over Easter, or late March, a very different experience from the powder January and February. I would highly recommend bringing skis in the 70’s. It can go through freeze/thaw cycle, roads can turn super icy. Niseko never seems to get the corn cycle, but the end of March is a...
  13. Rainbow Jenny

Inbounds Avalanche at Palisades Tahoe

Thanks for the list. I did a companion rescue course (located near Sherwood chair of Alpine Meadows) with a SAR team 4 years ago and we practiced using RECCO detector, definitely takes some practice. Mts High and Waterman are both located in the San Gabriel Mountains. Fatalities due to icy...
  14. Rainbow Jenny

From Placer County Sheriff’s Office. OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. -- At approximately 9:30 a.m. today at Palisades Tahoe, an avalanche occurred on the Palisades side of the ski resort, specifically above the GS bowl area of KT-22. Olympic Valley Fire Department responded to Palisades Tahoe for word...
  15. Rainbow Jenny

Alpine is my home mountain and go to Pali sometimes. The news is totally tragic and heart breaking. I contacted several local friends to make sure they’re ok. I carry my safety gear inbound on stormy days (or the day after) when faced shoe 8-10+ inches of new snowfall. I moved up from SoCal 6...
  16. Rainbow Jenny

Weak Layers, a new ski comedy

Weak Layers by Katie Burrell premiered in Tahoe City last weekend to sell out crowds. I saw it last night and really enjoyed this movie filmed on location at Palisades Tahoe. I’d highly recommend it You can find the trailer in the first link and the review on the second link...
  17. Rainbow Jenny

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

13 so far: 6 alpine, 3 skate, 1 stride, 3 backcountry meadow skip. Happy to not be so downhill focused this season.
  18. Rainbow Jenny

When did wide become a trend?

I’m surprised no one has brought up John Seifert’s frequently quoted study out of Montana State University on how there’s an association between the width of skis to the torsional force/ risks of knee and ankle injuries. I first heard him speak in the spring of 2018 at the then Squaw Valley. He...
  19. Rainbow Jenny

Eco-conscious/sustainable Ski Clothing...?

Cool! Our sewing upcycling expert/coach (who made elaborate costumes for theater then Burning Man for years) at the makerspace loves NOSO patches and shared some with me to repair my cut up Gore-Tex pants from ski edges.
  20. Rainbow Jenny

Eco-conscious/sustainable Ski Clothing...?

Thanks for the article. My 2023 new year resolution was zero purchases any clothing. I was doing well, including borrowing a piece of clothing necessary as “uniform” for 8 hours…until last weekend when I walked into a thrift store in search of a present for a friend who does not buy new...