• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. jellyflake

India

Grrr - sorry for the wrong orientation of the pics. Cant change this on my mobile :( Admin/mod help welcome :)
  2. jellyflake

India

Light snowfall View from mid station to top Not sure whether they manage to dig out the hotel??
  3. jellyflake

India

Sooooo, here I am! Getting here worked surprisingly well - no luggage lost, no delays, no issues with visa-entry. Yes, I find it a bit disturbing how poor some people are. I however think that bringing my money here is a good support to the country. Hotel is good but heating is luxury (few...
  4. jellyflake

India

Your visa application status is granted :becky:
  5. jellyflake

India

LOL - that is probably the best reaction when thinking about a trip to INDIA :becky: Good question..! I think there are various reasons: the Alps are so far having another terrible winter in terms of snow. DH is recovering or better: seems to have pretty fully recovered and is keen on some...
  6. jellyflake

India

So. Collected my brandnew passport this morning (old one is expiring soon). Applied for "e-Tourist Visa". And paid for it. Have an appointment with a bootfitter tomorrow but will not take these new boots to India - I will rather bring just stuff that can be lost... Need to go to the doctor...
  7. jellyflake

Tips for skiing on a rainy day?

Put your mobile and everything else that must not get wet into a small ziplock bag. And better don't go for a break - once you are warm and dry you will not put on your wet stuff again....
  8. jellyflake

India

Düsseldorf-Moscow-New Delhi-Srinagar by plane & then to Gulmarg by car.
  9. jellyflake

India

...just need to share some more excitement: in two weeks I'll be in India. For skiing. And I am excited to death.
  10. jellyflake

Any ideas for boot bag for airline travel?

I always carry my boots as hand luggage in addition to my normal (ski-)backpack and never had any problems with it. I can - if needed - attach the boots to the backpack but try to avoid that. Boots + backpack would fit under the seat in front of me or of course into the overhead. In case they...
  11. jellyflake

Recommendations for snow pants that don't make you feel fat?

Try Norrona, their Lofoten series. Their "M" is a European 40-42 (pretty loose fit) which is a 10-12 in the US and 12-14 in the UK. Their L and XL are truely bigger than their M, not only longer (as for a lot of other brands). And I also go for bibs.
  12. jellyflake

Banff - 2017

Ha, starting 2017 with a ski trip *is* a good thing. And don't the airline cover some costs for whatever you need to do have the missing luggage sorted for the time being? Check their conditions - might be a good surprise for you!? Keep us posted on how the trip is - Banff is on my list so I...
  13. jellyflake

Technique question for firm groomers

When you start in fall line it is much harder. Or, the other way around, when you start in crossing then it is much easier. Why? Because you already stand on your edges when you start moving. The drill is then not to edge from zero edging (like it would be when you start in fall line) but the...
  14. jellyflake

Hm, yes, it is tricky! What I have done in lessons is: Start with crossing the run (of course pay attention to potential obstacles and only start your exercise when there is no traffic) and bend both your knees towards the mountain. Really slow. Don't force the ski into any direction but just...
  15. jellyflake

In general: going slow is *much* harder and more difficult than going (pretty) fast. Speed is a supporter in terms of stability, balance and turning - if you go slow you need to be precise and on the point. To force a ski to a smaller-than-construction-radius non-smeared but carved turn you...
  16. jellyflake

Help Needed: Minor knee injury/lack of pain?

All the best, newboots - have it checked and hopefully confirmed that everything is ok and just needs a few days rest :)
  17. jellyflake

"I can't go today" whine thread...

Office instead of mountain today. And tomorrow.
  18. jellyflake

Gudauri!

Yes, it was really hard. I was *so* happy to be back in the office today!
  19. jellyflake

Gudauri!

20. jellyflake

Gudauri!

Some information: Georgia and Gudauri are worth a trip! Hospitality is great, so is food (might be an issue for people with a gluten or lactose story...) and Saperavi (local red wine). Getting there is pretty easy - Tbilisi/Tiflis, the capital, has got good flight connections. From there...