• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. S

Volkl Auras vs. Volkl Kenjas (2017 models)

I disagree, with the caveat that I'm on the 2013 Kenja. I demoed the new Aura and found them to be as good on the groomers as my current Kenja. And they were the bomb in the trees. I'm buying them to replace my Kenja-daily-drivers. Also, @SkiCA I'm about the same height 5'4" and heavier than...
  2. S

Life Hacks for Skiing

Indeed much discussion! Sorry to have tortured the deceased equine :-)
  3. S

Life Hacks for Skiing

Is this one of those east coast-west coast differences? I've never considered locking my skis and I cant really recall seeing anyone else lock theirs either but I've only ever skied the west. How common is locking your skis in the east?
  4. S

Pond Skimming and Costumes

Ahh, I love the feel of adrenaline in the morning :thumbsup: Congrats on going for it! We had ours yesterday and I was 50/50 on doing it but the pond was much longer this year and ultimately decided I didn't want to deal with wet boots. Yeah, I had no confidence I'd make it all the way. I have...
  5. S

Pond Skimming and Costumes

Definitely dress up. I wore my wetsuit. And bunny ears. For some strange reason I didn't think to ditch my poles but I should've. Lean back! One friend was DuckDude. He wore an inflatable duck ring around his waist with duct tape suspenders. Another friend went as Zorro with a cape, mask, and...
  6. S

Big Bear/ Snow Summit 15/16

Hi @VickiK and @mustski ! We've been to SS a couple of times but never when there's enough coverage to go off piste. We had fun on the groomers but want to wait to go back until there's enough snow for the fun looking off-piste terrain. Possibly weekend after next... How's the snow coverage looking?
  7. S

Science Fair Projects

So true :smile:
  8. S

Science Fair Projects

She wasn't advocating the kid drink alcohol, and sociological observations and experiments are not restricted to adults. Nor should they be. The appropriateness is for her to judge.
  9. S

Science Fair Projects

You could do something that examines mass and friction with a test to find out if skis or snowboards are faster. Use an isolated, short slope with someone at top and bottom and let an unweighted snowboard and ski of similar length and waxing go to see which wins. Or if your daughter knows twins...
  10. S

Shyness and social gatherings

Imagine yourself as a kind of (nice) journalist asking questions for your story about the person you're talking to. Quickly you'll realize most people are all too happy to answer and tell you all about themselves and most people say something interesting to follow up on. Forget about yourself...
  11. S

Rossignol Temptation 88 vs 84?

I don't remember the exact length but they were around 163 or 164. You may like the 84 due to your size and skiing style. Hard to say without a demo... Good luck!
  12. S

Rossignol Temptation 88 vs 84?

I demoed both skis back to back last year. I'm a 5'4", 150lb. fairly aggressive skier and I thought the 88 felt a lot like the volkl kenja, if you've ever skied that. It was stiff, felt solid and I could ski it fast on the groomers. I didn't have an opportunity to take it off piste but I think...
  13. S

Ski trip meals for a gang

Turkey, Sweet potato, and Spinach Curry... I love this dish and could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner, and sometimes do. It's so easy to make, very filling and nutritious, and it's also paleo friendly for all the non-grain eaters in da house. It reheats beautifully and is also nice served...
  14. S

Lange RX LV 100 to 110, what's wrong here?

I have the rx lv 110, but I've never tried the 100, so I can't offer you any help with the direct comparison but I will say it takes me a few days in the beginning of the season to believe that I can actually ski. It always takes a few days to get the old ski legs back. And if it's really cold...
  15. S

Warms buns, finally!!

Um no, I gotta big ole butt (oh yeah) :thumbsup: I have been reading about brown fat vs. white fat. I wonder if there's something about the blood flow in one vs the other. Of interest, the good(er) fat is brown and it's stimulated by cold.
  16. S

Warms buns, finally!!

Ahhh, the final frontier- a warm butt. It was the only part of my body that got really cold in -13 conditions at the top of mammoth last weekend. I will be trying these!
  17. S

anyone thinking of getting Lynsey Dyer's ski?

I think you and I got the same deal on the dakota this summer. I took mine out for two of the four days I've skied so far and they shocked me with how good they were on really firm windswept snow and of course they were great in the powder, chop, and crud. They handled everything beautifully. I...
  18. S

stock liners? or something else?

I have the lange rx lv boots with about 65 days on them. The liners seemed to be packing out quickly right after I got them last November so I was worried I would need new liners but they stopped changing by January and have been comfortable ever since. I did have the top buckles moved to the...
  19. S

Who wants to demo what this season?

Very helpful info, thanks!
  20. S

When will the first snowflakes fall?

I went to mammoth sat./sun. and the conditions were pretty great for opening weekend. Found plenty of powder and most of the trails were rock free. More snow on the way today! Saturday night we saw a magic comet that delivered snowdust across the Sierras so I know we are going to have an epic...