• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiNurse

Reduction in women skiers -- why?

I have several friends that either have decreased the amount of skiing they do or have quite altogether for pretty much the same reasons listed by Pinto. Others stopped skiing until their kiddos were old enough to take and teach to ski. Now it is good family ski time. Interesting enough, the...
  2. SkiNurse

Favorite Pic from the '12/'13 season?

And worth every step, may I add!
  3. SkiNurse

Dog drops into Corbetts

One word...awesome! :hail:
  4. SkiNurse

How many ski areas have you visited this season?

Vail Beaver Creek Breckenridge Araphaoe Basin Copper Winter Park Steamboat Alta Snowbird Jackson Hole
  5. SkiNurse

How many ski days did you get in '12/'13?

49.. Abasin was getting pretty slushy on Friday and my knees were not happy. BUT...they are expecting another cold front mid week....so maybe I'll make it an even 50!
  6. SkiNurse

Looking for something wide and fun...Icelantic Oracle v. Atomic Elysian

Pinto is right...I LOVE THEM! They are fun & lively in all conditions (trees, bumps, powder, steeps, groomed)...the only thing they don't like is really hardpacked....then they are a bit chattery. I have not used any of my other skis since the beginning of the season...definitely my favorite...
  7. SkiNurse

Hotronic questions

I have used Hotronics for years and have always had my bootfitter install them when I replace my boots. I have never felt the elements.
  8. SkiNurse

Question: Beaver Creek, Can anyone recommend an instructor?

I have a few friends that are former instructors at BC & Vail....I'll put some feelers out for you. What are the dates?
  9. SkiNurse

How cold is too cold to ski?

As anyone here who skis with me know, I have circulation problems with both my hands & feet (I sure picked the wrong sport). I wear my Black Diamond Mitts almost except ont he warmest of spring days. Temps in the single digits to teens, there are one hand warmer in each mitt...lower than that...
  10. SkiNurse

Dropping into Corbet's

Hmmm, if I remember correctly, didn't you have to self-arrest at Taos one year?:scared: That was a story!
  11. SkiNurse

Dropping into Corbet's

Totally agree. Would really like to ski it someday. It's one thing to "drop" into a couloir and another thing to launch it! I don't launch anything. You & me, conditions right...let's do it! :crazy:
  12. SkiNurse

Throwback Thursday: Skiing is for Women Too!

This hasn't changed much since 1961...SKI LIKE A GIRL! :yahoo:
  13. SkiNurse

Throwback Thursday: Skiing is for Women Too!

https://www.skinet.com/ski/article/throwback-thursday-skiing-women-too
  14. SkiNurse

New Mountain Collective

I will be buying it this season! :banana:
  15. SkiNurse

How many new ski areas did you ski this season?

Just one: Jackson Hole!
  16. SkiNurse

Days this season...

So far 37. I hope to get 3 more in by the end of next week to make it an even 40 for the official end of the season. Abasin & Loveland will still be open, but the other resorts close. I'll still go to Abasin after next week as long as there is something to still ski. :thumbsup:
  17. SkiNurse

Skiing alone

I ski a fair amount alone...like Pinto, not going to miss a great day just cuz I have no one to ski with. I "try" to stay out of the trees when I'm by myself, but not always successful. Even though I get great coverage in most areas of the resorts, I still find my phone not always reliable. I...
  18. SkiNurse

Question: Would You Consider Using A Ski Nanny?

I don't know about ski nannies, but I have a couple of friends that are former ski instructors (one is PSIA Level III and the other Level II) that work under the table to hang out with kids on the mountain.
  19. SkiNurse

Videos From Big Sky Diva Week

Nice!
  20. SkiNurse

Helping through chemo

I have found that a gift certificate for a spa day (facials, etc) can really help people going through chemo/radiation.