• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Dtrick924

Wachusett 22/23

Thanks for posting the FB link. Off to follow their page.
  2. Dtrick924

Wachusett 22/23

Perfect. I will probably ski that same time slot once a week. Most likely days are M/T/TH.
  3. Dtrick924

What are your goals for the 2022-2023 ski season?

Finding new midweek ski buddies among the Divas and/or getting comfortable skiing by myself. I lost my regular ski buddy in 2018 and haven't been back on the slopes since the pandemic started. Get a better brace for my knee/remain uninjured. Ski trip with my brother in the Berkshires depending...
  4. Dtrick924

Wachusett 22/23

I'm excited to ski Wachusett this season. I learned to ski there back in the mid-90s. It's been more than 15 years since I skied there last. I just moved back to Western, MA from Southern, VT in September. It will be amazing to see the changes.
  5. Dtrick924

Seeking Indy Pass Ski Buddies

Thanks for the tip. I will go subscribe to the Wachusett MOTH thread right now.
  6. Dtrick924

I'm close to Berkshire East, Mt. Wachusett and Mt. Snow and will be looking for ski buddies, especially mid-week. Will definitely post in the meet on the hill section in Dec/Jan depending on the conditions
  7. Dtrick924

Opening Dates, 2022

Mt. Snow was supposed to open on 11/11 but snowmaking weather hasn't cooperated. Opening day is now TBD. Updates are on FB
  8. Dtrick924

If anyone is planning a trip to Berkshire East, hit me up. I live only 1/2 an hour away.
  9. Dtrick924

Carving ski for me ????

Check out Realskiers.com reviews on Women's Technical Skis. https://realskiers.com/2022-womens-technical-skis/
  10. Dtrick924

Small Vermont Ski Hill Needs Your Help

This is in the town where I work. Off to donate.
  11. Dtrick924

Another call for help.

I'm from Vernon, VT. I don't think I remembered to put my username on my check.
  12. Dtrick924

Better ear warmth than built into the helmet?

Thin earband, beanie or balaclava.
  13. Dtrick924

Another call for help.

Check is headed your way. No goggle soc required - but thanks. Have one from last year!
  14. Dtrick924

A call for help.

Just contributed.
  15. Dtrick924

Bumps For Boomers - Aspen

Another Camp Demo video
  16. Dtrick924

Bumps For Boomers - Aspen

Never taken a Bumps for Boomers lesson but I've watched their technique videos. Green Line Technique Green Line Demo Blue Line Technique Blue Line Demo Camp Demo Video
  17. Dtrick924

Rusty edges :(

Or a soft ski bag.
  18. Dtrick924

Another "are my skis too long?" Thread

Rentals are usually entry level skis that you ski on for the whole day. Demos are usually new models, higher performance skis that allow you to swap out different brands/lengths throughout the day. As a beginner, renting shorter length skis, the next time you go would be fine. I would try going...
  19. Dtrick924

That seems ridiculously short for someone your height. In my experience rental shops seem to err on the side of shorter skis for women. I'm 5'0, 155 lbs and ski a soft flexing, wood core 160 cm ski, Head the Link. I'm a slow, cautious skier. When I demoed before I bought my last pair, I...
  20. Dtrick924

Definitely too long and based on what Jilly said, too stiff. Ski sizing definitely takes a lot of trial and error.