• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. kiki

Knee pain after skiing?

Knees can be problematic. Definitely the boot fitting will help. Taking lessons and getting good form will help, the wedge is not a friend to your knees. Also try getting a roller or massage tool and stretch and massage your thigh muscles and calves in the AM before you ski as if they are too...
  2. kiki

How many days have you skied so far?

Day 9, today went to Grouse mountain , it was snowy and cold!
  3. kiki

Seeking respite from chilly hands and feet!

I use thé Therm-ic bootheaters . Battery lasts two ski days without recharging and it’s controllable with an app on my phone. I use heat setting 5 out of 10 most days but am usually skiing in mild weather in the west. for my hands this season they have been getting cold which is a new thing...
  4. kiki

Photo of the day

We had sunshine this weekend at WB— my first day of the season skiing with actual visibility lol! It was a treat.
  5. kiki

What constitutes a ski day?

I use this methodology for counting day…it takes 1-3 hours to drive to the ski hill and an hour of stretching plus time to pack the car before that, so if I make it to the ski hill and get on the snow in skis, that counts.
  6. kiki

New petite skier, how to choose skis?

New skis always take some time to get used to and a lesson will help you gain confidence with them and start the « relationship « right.
  7. kiki

Do you lock up your skis?

@nopoleskier looks like we are skiing the same ski! I love m’y z90’s and would be crushed if they were lost. I’ll have to see what stickers I can find to add to them that’s a fun idea.
  8. kiki

Fitness for Skiing

WoW these exercise regiments are intimidating! the past few months I’ve been focusing on daily consistent activity in what I call my trifecta - i go for a one hour walk every day on my lunch break, I do an hour of stretching and yoga daily, and I jump on my exercise rebounder (with hand...
  9. kiki

Whistler for first timer

It’s damp here, I’d stick with the contacts over the glasses if you can as fogging is a bigger issue than low light lol! another trick to keep in mind if you are skiing on the whistler side—the main gondola can have long waits from base at the beginning of the day, but right next to it is the...
  10. kiki

Do you lock up your skis?

I always lock my skis. Even when it is inconvenient. Skis are expensive and that can wreck a season to have an unexpected bill like that. I will say a pet peeve is the folks who aren’t locking who stack their skis against the very few locking areas making it hard to find a spot.
  11. kiki

Whistler for first timer

Lots of good tips here, not much left for me! Personally I much prefer Blackcomb, the whistler side is very « angly » and also crowded, Blackcomb is a bit more laid back and you can see where you are going. On that side the Jersey cream blue run is really nice, as are Ross’s gold and spring...
  12. kiki

Day 6 for me. Wimped out with the drive to whistler, hate driving that highway in the rain, went to local mountain and skiid in the rain. Probably should have gone the extra distance, driven in the rain and skiid in the snow….
  13. kiki

@Jenny bare feet!?!?! How warm was it?
  14. kiki

New extra petite skier

You could do the two mornings and stay for lunch, see how you are feeling….. Happy to meet up one weekend, send me a PM if you like.
  15. kiki

5th day out today, each time is better than the last! Feels like I’m finally remembering how to ski!
  16. kiki

New extra petite skier

The WB ladies camps are awesome I’ve done them several times but not this year or last (attended March 2021). Main challenge is that you ski hard and long on day 1 and many people (including me) bail on day 2, and it’s hard to pace yourself on day 1 due to peer pressure, and the instructors...
  17. kiki

Vancouver to Whistler

Hi @IKam just seeing this now. Slow start to my season given our horrible weather. Planning to ski Seymour this weekend….
  18. kiki

Glove maintenance - white Hestra

Any tips for maintenance of white leather parts of hestra gloves? I’m in a damp area of the PNW and my gloves need lots of waterproofing touch ups over the winter. I use the hestra pate but my white gloves have turned an ugly yellowish colour, any one else get this, tips to bring back to white???
  19. kiki

What are you doing to stay in shape?

I debated that one but the price is so high in Canadian dollars!
  20. kiki

Can you help?

Few days late, just sent now (PayPal)