• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Ashleigh Lawrence

Kids adjustable poles?

Our eldest (7yo) has a pair of Leki adjustable poles, and they have been brilliant. I know some people don't like them, but we've never had any problems with them.
  2. Ashleigh Lawrence

Heel loose in ski boots

I would love to see how the duct tape is used. I've got L pads in my boots, plus the little heel wedge that came with them, but I could do with just the tiniest bit more 'snugness'.
  3. Ashleigh Lawrence

Is your (2014) ski season over?

We're off to Oz en Oisans on Friday for our final week of the season. :dance: Although, hopefully this might be the year that I persuade The Huz that a cheeky weekend on a glacier might be feasible....... :bag:
  4. Ashleigh Lawrence

Down skirt. Really?

Sooooo, SKHOOP have launched a UK website (it may have been around for ages and I am just a bit rubbish). I didn't take the plunge with a dwon skirt, but The Huz did treat me to one of these for Mother's Day..... https://skhoop.co.uk/collections/skirts/products/mini-skirt-mandarin I LOVE...
  5. Ashleigh Lawrence

How young is too young...

Pterodactyl?
  6. Ashleigh Lawrence

No, I don't think 3 is too young. The issue I have is with 17 months as per the video I linked to.
  7. Ashleigh Lawrence

Just thinking about little bones, ligaments etc. I'm not sure it's that typical, given that no one makes proper ski boots etc. for kiddies that age, not from what I've seen anyway.
  8. Ashleigh Lawrence

Switzerland end of April?

Funny you should say this. The Huz just got back from Engleberg yesterday. We skiied there before (about ten years before, when we lived in Zurich), but I don't remember much about it. He says Engleberg is just perfect for a weekend, but too limited for anything more. He had a great time...
  9. Ashleigh Lawrence

We started our youngest in February, he literally turned three on the very first day of Piou Piou. He screamed like a banshee practically every morning when we dropped him off, and it was a matter of shove him through the gates and leg it out of sight. I was expecting him to get politely...
  10. Ashleigh Lawrence

What do you think about listening to music while skiing?

I don't think I could. I'm still at the stage where I need to concentrate really hard when I ski, and I appear to have missed out on the infamous multi-tasking gene which all other women on the planet appear to possess.....:bag:
  11. Ashleigh Lawrence

Having One Of Those Horse Weeks...

Blimey! My neighbour's horse had cellutitis in both hind legs, it's a horrible thing! Hopefully Huey is now on the road to recovery though....
  12. Ashleigh Lawrence

.......for snowsports? Just been watching this vid of a 17 month old on a snowboard, and I can't help but think, hmmmmmm... :confused: https://gazette.com/videos-17-month-old-snowboard-prodigy/article/1515685
  13. Ashleigh Lawrence

Amazing lesson!

Awesome. Well done you! :banana:
  14. Ashleigh Lawrence

Oh dear! Eye things are horrid. Can you get hold of any Arnica tablets?
  15. Ashleigh Lawrence

My vet recommends the application of cold tea as a useful (and cheap) anti inflammatory. Trouble is, it does rather tend to run down your arm, so no need to apply the fake tan on your arms! I hope he gets better soon. Horses eh? :rolleyes:
  16. Ashleigh Lawrence

As if carrying your skis wasn't fraught with peril......

Actually, I think it was an advert for Head skis. There is just that moment though where you think....."No! OMG!" :eek:
  17. Ashleigh Lawrence

As if carrying your skis wasn't fraught with peril......

Taking them off can be even more dangerous!
  18. Ashleigh Lawrence

So.....how do you carry yours?

The Huz does this. Drives me mad. :doh:
  19. Ashleigh Lawrence

Fun ski movie

Yeah, I've often thought that there isn't enough gratuitous nudity and raw egg swallowing in the Olympics. Nice to see that these guys are putting that to rights. :pound: I think you've posted a couple of vids from these guys (or am I imagining that?). They are just great! :becky: