• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. surfsnowgirl

Ski Snacks

Beer is absolutely a snack and never coors or bud light, ick. Love the beer n PBJ idea for an impromptu picnic. I like the occasional cider but I'm more of a beer gal. I think I've always said chocolate bar also, channeling my inner canadian eh. It's almost the time of year to head to the...
  2. surfsnowgirl

Ski Snacks

Not great for skiing but I simply love their crisps as there is every conceivable flavor put into a potato chip. Some weren't appealing to me and others were soooooooooo good.. Your friend will hook you up.
  3. surfsnowgirl

Ski Snacks

I dropped the pack right when you said you could see my pack turn before my body turned. I learned a lot during that awesome 1.5 hour lesson so thank you. Someone else with whom I've skied independent of diva east said that it's common to wedge when ones nervous and that was indeed 150% true...
  4. surfsnowgirl

Least hyped ski you've loved

That's the only way I was ever able or willing to join the Kastle club. Ski shop end of season demo sale. Taller and shortest skis get taken out less so better chance of getting a mint pair of demos :)
  5. surfsnowgirl

Ski Snacks

I'm about due to the UK Gourmet store as they have some really good snacks. Love the digestives and crisps. I don't ski with a pack anymore so I'll try to eat a good amount of protein in the am and maybe put a cliff bar in my jacket pocket for morning and afternoon snacks. I love the jerky...
  6. surfsnowgirl

What are you most looking forward to in the '16/'17 season?

Had our returning instructor meeting yesterday and our schedules will be submitted and maintained electronically this year also. We submit our calendar of the 20 days we can do and it gets logged electronically. This also works if we need to change one of our days, we just submit an...
  7. surfsnowgirl

Question: What winter boot are you wearing

In early/late season I'll wear my sneakers or hiking shoes. I have older pair of Uggs that's one step away from being tossed that I wear when my walking path will be dry. Otherwise my daily shoe when traipsing to/from my Jeep to the resort is a pair of duck boots. Can't recall the...
  8. surfsnowgirl

My Year of Going Without.

@bounceswoosh I'm similar in that once I decide I want something I'm very focused until I get it sometimes at a detriment to my budget. Sounds like you have a good plan there and some resolution with DH on purchases :)
  9. surfsnowgirl

Best Ski Cars?

We looked at Edges for Michael bought his Nissan Rogue. I was blown away at how expensive they were so we never test drove one. I loved the look of them though. They look like they are a good size. Sounds like a good plan to take advantage of the depreciation and get a new one at a great price.
  10. surfsnowgirl

How often do you replace your skis?

Exactly, good idea. Last pair of skis came home yesterday so I'm very much done for a while and as we have no more room for skis between the 2 of us I'm truly done for a while. As luck would have it we were poking around the new REI near us and they have a class in a couple weeks on waxing so...
  11. surfsnowgirl

Suggestions for first skis?

@SkiMauw congrats on your new babies. Can't wait to hear how you like them. Think snow!!!
  12. surfsnowgirl

I agree completely. As people know it gets CRAZY during the height of lesson times plus spontaneous things happen where you might get asked to help out somewhere etc. I do think it would be really hard to catch every lesson everyone's in etc on the fly as it happens. For that part of it I almost...
  13. surfsnowgirl

We are definitely behind the times but we are much smaller than Tremblant. The schedule thing is something we were doing last season. I go check the schedule in the am and would know what lineups to show up for private, group etc. I'm just glad to have direct deposit now. That and to have what...
  14. surfsnowgirl

The mountain where I work is finally going paperless. We have a new payroll company and we'll have direct deposit available to us, no more paper checks wooh hooh. All paperwork including the safety quiz we need to take can all be completed electronically. Lesson tracking will all be done...
  15. surfsnowgirl

Help Needed: Too many skis to chose from

Ask when you go to New Milford about the footbeds. I know when I was there a year ago they didn't but maybe they do now, it's worth an inquiry. However, given you're in Danbury a drive to Brewster should be easy enough :smile:
  16. surfsnowgirl

I think if you are happy with the Vivas as a carver getting something wider would be fun. I am about your stats and didn't care for the black pearls so I agree with Jilly. What about the Rossi temptation 88 or even the Volkl Kenja. I didn't like the black pearl but love the Kenja because it...
  17. surfsnowgirl

Shyness and social gatherings

@SallyCat I go through that too. I have a couple glasses of wine and try not to fret about that too much but I definitely have those thoughts. Same for me, I'm fine at work at my day job and on the weekends at my mountain but put me in a social setting where mingling and talking is the...
  18. surfsnowgirl

Opening Dates, 2016

I have a peak pass as well. I hear ya on not paying for a lift ticket if you can avoid it. The only Vermont resort covered is Mount Snow. The others are Attitash, Crotched and Wildcat in New Hampshire, Hunter in NY and the other 2 are in PA, Jack Frost is one of them. Killington should...
  19. surfsnowgirl

I'm not familiar with Rossi Experience or Temptation but maybe @Jilly can shed some light.
  20. surfsnowgirl

Abandoning/pushing beginners

That's cool. I heard Jiminy Peak in western Massachusetts has speed patrolers as well. Great idea.