• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. patoswiss

Skiing in the Pandemic

I skied in PA in the 80's and the lift lines that I have seen so far this season mirror those. They are so long and the slopes are packed to the point of being dangerous. Plus there are SO MANY people who have decided that this is the perfect season to learn to ski and they are all over the...
  2. patoswiss

Solo Skiing

A day of skiing solo a few years ago is on the top of my 'ski days to remember'. Just so peaceful. I always have emergency info taped to the outside of my phone, and I was in Europe where Recco is common, so had that in my jacket. I don't ski crazy stuff, but knowing you are doing something...
  3. patoswiss

Help Needed: Help Understanding Correct Stance/Posture

Good point! I will try without insoles next time. I do want to have them to keep my feet warm and get rid of dead air space. I'll figure that out after I test ski without insoles. I realized last week that my flex is too low. Us skiers, we are always obsessing about our boots, lol!
  4. patoswiss

I'm hoping it can get sorted with the boot I have. I have always been comfortable in it. I had 3 out 4 buckles completely open to solve the problem, hoping the boot will still work. Super thrilled that I am getting results from my trainer. Since we don't ski all year, the first 1-2 times on...
  5. patoswiss

This is a great thread. I started with a Functional Patterns trainer a few years ago and what we work on is a lot of what is being discussed here. It has changed the way I stand, walk and ski. Last season my weight distribution had changed and is now even across my toes/mid/heel and I can...
  6. patoswiss

Restarting after many years. Gear and body questions!

I started skiing, at @35 and hadn't skied since age 20 or so. Skied a lot when I was young. It was kinda intimidating starting again. Standing at the top I was thinking, what the hell am I doing????? Your muscle memory is there. Guaranteed. A slow, easy green to get the feel of the skis...
  7. patoswiss

Best gear for brutally cold weather

This weekend 5 deg on Saturday and 15 on Sunday. Installed Hotronics in daughter's boots (age 13). Her feet were perfectly toasty, one of the batteries came unplugged on day two and she she didn't plug it back in until after lunch. Her toes were almost numb without the Hotronic. So...
  8. patoswiss

This is interesting, I can see how this would work, do you have the wire coming out at an angle, maybe wrapping around the outside of the toes and taped to the side of the liner then up the back? Would probably only work for women's boots that are shorter? I imagine it takes extra wire to go...
  9. patoswiss

I'm sure this isn't a once in a lifetime price, but Amazon has Hotronics S4 Custom footwarmers for $189. Ordered today, arriving Thursday :)
  10. patoswiss

Lenz Heated Socks

Does anyone own the Lenz with larger calves? Looks like the men (unisex?) sizing is better for wider calves?
  11. patoswiss

Austria vs Western USA - costs, surprising

We would go in a heartbeat. Maybe Europeans prioritize the dinner experience more than Americans? Lifts close at 4pm, they go back to the hotel, get a shower, have a drink at the bar or go to the spa, then enjoy their dinner. A theory? As far as other expenses that is a question. Lift...
  12. patoswiss

Kulkea Speed Star Jr boot bag

Just got the adult version (Speed Star) for myself and husband. Replica of the kids bag just bigger. Fits adult boots a lot better. I am liking this bag because of the way the main pocket opens, from the top of the bag down the the bottom front. There is no reaching in, just unzip. My...
  13. patoswiss

Quick question, liquid glide wax

Thanks! Can it be applies in the cold? Do the skis have to be warmed up first? I will dry and wipe off surface dirt before applying.... :)
  14. patoswiss

The entire town turns over on Saturday. Cars drive into town Saturday and everyone checks in and the cars are stowed in garages for the week. The ski school is designed around a 4 day and 6 day program, the kids have the same ski instructor every day and the same group of kids. It is Club Med...
  15. patoswiss

We are pricing out a week long ski vacation for 2018/19. It is Tyrol, Austria (Serfaus Fiss Ladis) *vs* a nice big resort out West somewhere. We have stayed at the resort in Austria several times. All inclusive board (all but fancy coffees and alcohol), family hotel with big indoor water...
  16. patoswiss

Quick question, liquid glide wax

We are skiing tomorrow and it will be cold and snowy (eastern PA). All our skis are freshly waxed, I assume the tech used an all temp wax because I didn't specify. I put on liquid Swix F4 because of the snow and temps tomorrow. I don't wax our skis but figured, how hard can it be? Put it on...
  17. patoswiss

Junior race skis/boots?

Wanted to update for anyone asking the same questions I am :) We went to Alpina and got her set up. Boots are Head Raptor 80 RS Junior. Tight but not overwhelming, he says they are slightly big, just in case her feet grow another mm or two. She used them for the first time last week and they...
  18. patoswiss

Junior race skis/boots?

I know Buckman's does custom boot fitting. I haven't called for an appointment yet. I did ask for a fitter recommendation from the program coordinator, waiting for the answer. Thanks for the tip on the big toe area. I thought there might be something they could do to customize that area so...
  19. patoswiss

Kulkea Speed Star Jr boot bag

A quick quadruple thumbs up for this boot bag. We bought 2 last winter for our kids and they are great. The padded shoulder straps fit well for smaller frames. My 9 yr old and 12 yr old both were very comfortable carrying them, even in the airport when we went to Austria. Straps are set...
  20. patoswiss

Junior race skis/boots?

Here comes winter. Woo hoo!!! My daughter is participating in an Advanced Skiing & Racing program this winter, 10 weekends, Sat and Sun, 4 hrs a day. She is an advanced skier, fast, under control, pretty good technique. Always room to improve. :) I want to buy her new boots and skis. I...