• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. L

Ski for East Coast - Blizzard 82 vs 88?

I almost forgot about bindings, which I know nothing about! I see some Black Pearl 82's come in an SP model, which includes bindings in a package at a lower price. The rep in our local ski store alluded that this might not be as good as if I were to buy a separate binding. While the guy who sold...
  2. L

Good to know! I will check to see which year the skis were that she demoed last winter.
  3. L

Does anyone know if there have been any major changes to this ski from 2021/22/23 from year to year? I am seeing some that are at a reasonable price from previous years, and deciding between that, or if the 2023 is a major change then going with that since she will have it for a while.
  4. L

*mogul hill
  5. L

Yes, the trees that she dabbles in are normally very narrowly spaced, and often have icy trenches/ moguls where the turns are tight. She also likes to do a frontside large mogul hii is ll sometimes too.
  6. L

All of this is very helpful! Thanks everyone. It sounds like we will get her the 166 length. And the Midwest conditions you describe sound just like the northeast. Plus my daughter does also like bumpy skinny tree runs sometimes as well. It is good to know these work well on all of that! i am...
  7. L

She is between sizes, and could ski the 159 or 166 (she has tried both). Is one better than the other for her height, weight, ability for the northeast? (5'9"/ 115 lbs/ athletic/ advanced skier blues, blacks, occasional double black, a little bit of tree skiing).
  8. L

Thank you! I had a hunch that the narrower would be best for the east coast hard pack. She is only getting one ski. How is the 82 once things get slushy in the East? (I also just realized I posted this before typing a proper title to identify it. I will also repost under a new title).
  9. L

Thank you! I had a hunch that the narrower would be best for the east coast hard pack. She is only getting one ski. How is the 82 once things get slushy in the East? (I also just realized I posted this before typing a proper title to identify it. I will also repost under a new title).
  10. L

I am buying my 16 year old daughter her first pair of skis she will own after many years of renting. will be using them in the northeast (Southern VT, NY, PA) where there is ice, crud, slush, etc. She can ski down any hill all over the mountain, would be an advanced to expert skier, and as she...
  11. L

Smith helmet compare: Vantage/ Compass/ or Arrival

Thank you! I had the Sheer in my hand at the ski store and left empty handed bc the sales person was pushing the Era or Range with the MIPS for extra protection. Both totally nice helmets, but of all of them it was the Sheer that fit my head the best and was most comfortable. Too bad the...
  12. L

Smith helmet compare: Vantage/ Compass/ or Arrival

I know that this is a very old thread, but this season i finally was able t try on a Giro Sheer and it is really nice and comfy. I cannot seem to get to a store with both this and also the Smith Vantage side by side. I do know that they both totally fit my head. MaineSkiLady, can you please let...
  13. L

Anyone have a helmet quiver?

Ooo that's a nice one! I did not see that one in person last year, only saw one called Airwolf that had very small holes as vents that never closed, which was why I hesitated.
  14. L

Did he get the kind where the goggles attach magnetically? I've been wondering about those. I was also wondering about how open the vents are thy don't close. Is his this kind ? I was about to buy the giro sheer yesterdayuntil this thread popped up and now I have casco on my mind...
  15. L

I also tried on a Casco helmet in France last year and agree! I normally look like a bobble head in most helmets, and this was surprisingly flattering (even in a shiny white color which normally makes my head look huge). I just saw them for sale here...
  16. L

Helmets - shiny or matte?

That's good to know he was so positive about this brand. I went into 3 different shops in the past month here that carries them, and all of the shop owners gave great reviews on them and told me that the open vents surprisingly weren't an issue. It seems to be one of the best fitting helmets...
  17. L

No I ski each weekend in France where I've been looking for helmets. although as of a couple of months I will be living and skiing back in the U.S. I haven't come across Casco on any of those websites there .
  18. L

That's what I was thinking too, but wishing it weren't so as this one fits and looks good. Can't leave my head open to get wet it cold though...
  19. L

Replacement for Dynastar Exclusive Idylls?

I am now dying to try these temptations! Has anyone tried both the 80's and also the 84's? How do they compare? We are still skiing in the French alps believe it or not, though conditions as all over the place. Slush, ice, icy rocky chunky mess, and sometimes like surfing. Still 2 more...
  20. L

Lots of good ideas here. I've since home out and tried many of them. I can't believe I still haven't gotten a new one. At this point I might as well wait until next season. After trying on so many, I've realized that I can't rule out one brand or count on one either. Each has models that fit...