• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. M

Does these skis make my ass look fast?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your lovely comment made my day. Good luck with the riding. I really wasn't kidding. No matter how easy the people in my family make it look, I struggle with the horses that eat quarters and go around in circles. You do not want to see me in a real saddle...
  2. M

Ain’t no mountain high enough...

Thanks Ski Diva! I'm glad he's OK, too. It sounds like your trip was a blast!
  3. M

Ain’t no mountain high enough...

Three kids, two women, one minivan, no haters, and that’s where this story begins… kind of. First, let me apologize for dropping the "posting" ball… yet again. Between the trip to Appalachia for my mom’s birthday in March, the ski trip out West with my best friend (TB) and her kids in April, and...
  4. M

Help Needed: Black diamonds are a girl’s best friend

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I like bumps, grade and trees, I just don't like all three of them at once - LOL. I've done most of the big mountains out West, back East and in Canada, but everyone I've talked to has put Winter Park in its own class, especially Mary Jane. I'm excited to know...
  5. M

Oh, sweet! I had no idea. I honestly thought the moguls would be taller than me... and don't laugh, that's happened. Granted, I'm short... but still!
  6. M

Thank you ma'am, and I know, I know... but I feel like - if I'm there - I need to do it.
  7. M

How To Be A Skier

So, so, so funny!
  8. M

Pandas in the snow

That was beyond adorable (and, for the record, the first part of the video looked like me at Breck last year).
  9. M

That’s right, this year’s ski trip is planned, and the winner is *drum roll, please* Winter Park. Unfortunately though, that means the loser is me, since Mary Jane is going to KICK.MY.ASS. This is a mountain whose motto is, “No Pain. No Jane.” And they mean it. With an elevation of 11,700 feet...
  10. M

Train in Vain

hey there - go you! Several of my friends did the Tough Mudder (I just went and cheered them on), and they loved it. That said, they had the same healthy perspective: Don't force it if it doesn't feel right. GOOD LUCK TRAINING!
  11. M

Train in Vain

That's AWESOME about your knee (the STOP hurting part not the pain part). I torqued mine at Aspen a few years ago, and it hurts from time-to-time, but I can usually push through.
  12. M

Train in Vain

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your really kind post. I'll give the yoga advice a shot. About the rest, WOW! You're amazing. Seventy to one-hundred mile bike rides? Half marathons? Seriously - KUDOS! That's impressive. I told TB that I would do the biking part of the duathlon with her, and...
  13. M

hi snowski/swimmouse - Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Also, I've heard of a river rat, but never a swimmouse. I love it!
  14. M

hi skimom - awww and YEAH! I'm so glad you laughed. You totally made my day.
  15. M

OMG. One, I'm glad you're OK. Two, if you're racing, odds are VERY good that you're in GREAT shape. That said, those suits are truly horrid. I was on ski team in grade school, high school and college, and I used to wear shorts over them (until it was my turn to ski). About your dignity, I get it...
  16. M

hi shnu - You're WAY too kind. Thank you for indulging me :smile: About the title, I'd love to take credit, but I swear to you, I think I read it on skidiva last year and loved it.
  17. M

Train in Vain

You should be. She once ran towards some kids at the park (just to be loved on) and they were like, "PUPPY!!!!" and all I could scream was, "Unclean! Unclean!"
  18. M

Train in Vain

hi altagirl - Thank you for the reply :smile: Unfortunately, moderation comes BEAUTIFULLY to me - LOL. I find that I'm a natural. That said, I'm going to take your advice (and bounceswoosh's) and try and ease my way into it this year, but you gave me an AWESOME idea. My best friend wants to do a...
  19. M

Train in Vain

hi bounceswoosh - OK, clearly we're in different leagues :) That said, I'm DETERMINED to work my way into the Couch Potato to 5K this year. About jogging with your dog(s), I literally LOL'd. My dog is CRAZY! The handful of times I've tried to run with her, we never even got to the whole "bagging...
  20. M

Train in Vain

Note: According to my best friend, all of you are enablers because you laughed at my post. Now you have no one to blame but yourselves for reading the chaos that I call my life. With that...let me say this: Hands-down, The Clash is the greatest band of all time, period. It’s also what I listen...