• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. LauraVa

Liberty V82W - one pair at Sierra

I have these in the 76 width and love them dearly. Great skis. I'm sad they discontinued the line.
  2. LauraVa

100ish east coast "powder" recommendations

I too recommend trying the SA98. I have the 2021s. I haven't had much chance to ski them in powder, but I've been loving them in soft groomers.
  3. LauraVa

Recommendations for new frontside ski (replacing 2016 Volkl Yumis) for intermediate skier?

I recommend trying the newer version of the Yumi as it now has some metal to give you the bite you're looking for on hardback.
  4. LauraVa

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

I have the Montec one in pink and like it a lot. So my vote is for the Montec.
  5. LauraVa

Nordica SA 98, Blizzard Black Pearl 97 or...?

I just bought a pair of Santa Ana 98s and took them out yesterday on soft groomers and frozen chicken heads. Had a blast! These were not the conditions I bought them for, but I wanted to try them out. Love them, they were stable and fast, but maneuverable at the same time. Hopefully will be able...
  6. LauraVa

New skis: Nordica Santa Ana 88

I love mine on hardpack.
  7. LauraVa

2021 Ski Gear Preview

:doh: Never mind @contesstant. Should have kept reading.
  8. LauraVa

2021 Ski Gear Preview

@contesstant Did you ski the 2021 or 2022? I bought the 2021 98s without demoing based on my love for my SA 88's. Wondering if I should have gone with the 2022s which are out now....
  9. LauraVa

Massanutten 2020-21

Agree. STELLAR TODAY!
  10. LauraVa

What are the best skis you've ever owned?

2013 Blizzard Samba-so dependable, stable, like a tank, but still fun 2020 Nordica Santa Ana 88-perfection, love these skis!
  11. LauraVa

Ski Bindings for Volkl Auras

If you liked your Z10s, but want something a bit sturdier, how about the Z12's?
  12. LauraVa

Blizzard black pearl and volkl secret

If you liked the Secret, then I would definitely demo the Yumi. These would be a bit more intermediate friendly while still handling more variable snow really well.
  13. LauraVa

New skis for Intermediate skier - Santa Ana 88 vs 93 lengths

I recommend going with the 88 if you're skiing mostly groomers for now. I have this ski and absolutely love it. I ski primarily on groomers in the East, but based on other Diva's reviews, these will still give you some versatility for off piste. And you can always buy the 100s in a year or so...
  14. LauraVa

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

I saw you skiing on lift 5 today. Wanted to say hi, but there was no catching you :smile:. Great conditions today!
  15. LauraVa

Driving to Tahoe

Not sure if we are at the Ridge. I just know we are off of Tramway Dr. Here's hoping for a March miracle. :snow:
  16. LauraVa

New ski suggestions?

If you are thinking Santa Anas and ski mostly in the East, I recommend giving the Santa Ana 88 a look. I'm loving mine. I feel like they ski narrower than their 88 width and do great on very firm groomers as well as crud.
  17. LauraVa

Driving to Tahoe

We are renting a condo near the Stagecoach lodge in Stateline. I went with that one because it's supposed to be close to the shuttle. I've never been to Tahoe so I really don't know what to expect. I'm crossing my fingers that it all works out. Thanks everybody for your input. I'm feeling...
  18. LauraVa

Driving to Tahoe

Thanks! Sounds like we'll just miss you. I would love to meet some more divas.
  19. LauraVa

Driving to Tahoe

Thanks. I am really hoping for some snow to fall between now and then.
  20. LauraVa

Driving to Tahoe

Hello Diva's, I am planning a trip with some of my family traveling from SFO to Heavenly the second week of March. I am planning on renting an all wheel drive vehicle, but many of the car rental companies do not allow chains. Does anyone have any idea how likely it is I will need them and how...