• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. J

Women’s Ski Adventures with Kim Reichhelm

I've been to one of her camps last year, and am going again this year. It is not really about improving your ski technique. More about reflecting on life. Kristen is a fun person to listen to and I liked the participants last year... The price is around $550 if I remember correctly. Kim's camp...
  2. J

Discount Lift tickets in Jackson Hole

Thanks for your replies. I booked Snake River Lodge and Spa for $160/night + taxes and tips on Priceline, which is a great deal. But then, I could not book the lift tickets as I did not go through Jackson Hole Lodging... Ah well, I guess, I ll just use my Amex points. Thanks for the tip!
  3. J

Vail, CO

Check www.vailonsale.com
  4. J

Vail, CO

My previous post was in reply to this question...
  5. J

Vail, CO

www.vailonsale.com Do no hesitate to stay in Avon, it is only a 10mn drive. And if you do stay in Avon, visit Vin48 - excellent food.
  6. J

Discount Lift tickets in Jackson Hole

Hello Ladies, If you know how to get discount lift tickets in Jackson Hole in March, please let me know... I want to ski 4 days with my DH, but with the official ticket prices, it is quite expensive $750 for the two of us... Thank you!
  7. J

We hate Auras

I just bought a pair and am trying them right now in Breckenridge. My hubby has noticed significant progress in my ski technique :-). I received so many compliments... It's not the ski technique, just a really really excellent ski. As good on gromed as it is in powder (althought it wasn't...
  8. J

Aura Binding Mount---anxiety part II

Thanks Ladies. I asked the shop to mount them at the traditional spot - boot center - per your and Volkl recommendations. I am looking forward to trying them now. Fingers crossed.
  9. J

Actually I am buying the 2010/2011 model. I got a really good deal ($559 with bindings, delivered...). What would be your reccomendation for the last year's lodel? Thank you!!!
  10. J

I am also going to buy Auras in 163 and I am wondering where I should mount them. I am 5"6' level 9 skier 125lbs, and I intend to use them 50/50 groomed/powder. My ski boots are 285 BSL (I wear 24.5). Any advice is very welcome. Happy new 2012!
  11. J

Help Needed: Volkl Auras - what length and what bindings?

Thank you Ladies. So now that I am ready to buy the skis (and my coupon code expires tonight so I better rush!), where should I put the mounting point. My ski boots are 24.5. Would center work or should I mount them slightly backwards like the Mantras (unfortunately the Mantras are not sold...
  12. J

I did it again. Yikes.

The NYC marathin is the best!!! I have done it 3 times. The support is just amazing. If you put your name on your t-shirt, you will get a loooot of personalized support!
  13. J

About gummi stones

Hi there, As Altagirl guessed, I messed up the edge angle, and took too much structure on the edges with the diamond stone (and not evenly on my edges)... you can imagine that the skis did not feel the same when I tried them after my work on them... I brought them to the shop and they were...
  14. J

Love my new Kenjas BUT the scratching....!

Agree. I replace my skis every 4 years as well. I did not have any issues with my top sheets in the past, but then I have two pairs of Dynastars (and I am lookig to buy a pair of Volkls now, so I hope they are better than Kenjas ...). I was just saying that if you do take the plane and go out...
  15. J

About gummi stones

Good to know. I am always afraid to go too agressively on the burrs with my diamond stones...
  16. J

Aspen for Christmas - terrible snow

My hubby and I spent Christmas in Aspen and the snow was beyond terrible. Rocks and grass everywhere (except at Buttermilk, but who wants to ski there anyway...). I hope those who arrived after us had better luck... Luckily, the town is nice to hang around and the service is top notch...
  17. J

Love my new Kenjas BUT the scratching....!

There is just no way to protect the top sheets, especially if the quality of the materials is not there. Just enjoy your skis while they last. When you see how much money you spend on your ski trip (air + lodging + ski lifts + rent-a-car), the skis should be seen only as a relatively...
  18. J

Help Needed: Volkl Auras - what length and what bindings?

Thanks shima. Actually, according to the website that sells the package, the Marker Griffons are for "lighter skiers". The skis are sold with the Market Griffon 13 and I may be able to substitute the bindings for some cheaper ones. My question would be: will my performance deteriorate if I...
  19. J

Has anyone tried wakeboarding or water-skiing?

Sorry, I just saw it is a relly eally old thread...
  20. J

Has anyone tried wakeboarding or water-skiing?

Both are fun. Try waterskiing first, it will be easier...