• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. shima

Plus-size skier chat

Love this thread. I’m not plus size, but my au pair from Brazil is, and I am taking her skiing for the first time ever this weekend at Breckenridge. We had such a tough time finding her pants and a jacket that didn’t cost an arm and a leg or that would actually be delivered in a timely fashion...
  2. shima

How do you track your days?

Personally I just bring a portable USB battery pack with me (my favorites are made by New Trent and are very affordable on Amazon) and keep that in the pocket with my phone... my phone couldn't lose it's charge if it wanted to when it's plugged in :)
  3. shima

Skitesting! 2014 Black Pearls (159 & 173), 2014 Armada TSTw, 2014 Nordica Wild Belles, DPS Nina 99

Yeah the comment about them not being ideal for bumps and being stiff I found pretty amusing, I have TSTw's from 2012 and I love them on the bumps and they're wayyyy less stiff and easier to control than my Kenjas which I avoid using on the bumps due to stiffness. Everyone likes something...
  4. shima

Time for some powder skis . . .

Also check out the Armada TSTw and the VJJ. I have the TSTw and absolutely love it on powder days, and Daria has the VJJ's and loves those. Both are *great* skis.
  5. shima

Undercover Boss & Squaw

I need to see if I can get it on demand, would definitely be an interesting episode to watch. I think they also did Subway recently as well which I haven't seen yet either.
  6. shima

Ski apps?

Epic Mix tracks me at the vail resorts, but you don't need it running during the day as it's all RFID data they're collecting, phone or no phone. I was using Ski Tracks for a while but recently started trying out Alpine Replay and I have to say I really like it's format a lot. Used it for the...
  7. shima

Can graphics on an amazing ski stop its sales?

Yeah someone was telling me about that bag, yikes!!!!! https://mydouchebag.com/
  8. shima

Volkl Kenja 2013 (preview)

This I find very interesting, guess I'll have to demo the 2013's at some point. I own last years version, no front rocker, and hate them in the bumps. I much prefer my TST's for bumps currently.
  9. shima

TSTw's vs S3w's for the one ski quiver?

I love my TSTw's (they're the same as the men's version other than graphics by the way). My TST's are 165 and I'm 5'4" 125 lbs. I use my TST's for pretty much everything except the icier / groomer only days. Then I grab the Kenja's. Otherwise I'm grabbing my TSTw's
  10. shima

Skiers/Boarders by state

I grew up in NY and now live in CA. So yay for living in two heavy ski states, haha.
  11. shima

Women's ski clinics at Squaw or Alpine?

I know that Daria just did a women's clinic of some sort at Squaw a few weekends ago... might want to ping her. Not sure if hers was a 2 or 3 day clinic.
  12. shima

My first ski boots!

I love the Technica's I got this year, they're awesome, fit like a glove. Enjoy your new boots!
  13. shima

skiing in flat light

I use high intensity yellow lenses for low light / cloudy / night skiing.
  14. shima

'13 Volkl Kenjas w/Ross Saphir 110 L Bindings

The pink bindings are soooo cute w/ the 2013 top sheet. Glad you're loving your new kenja's!
  15. shima

Northstar Demo Day... whee!

PS - When are we skiing together at Northstar? I won't be there this weekend since I have to help out at martial arts... but I'm there almost every weekend.
  16. shima

Northstar Demo Day... whee!

If I need to hold an edge I really love my Kenja's for that. I still need to try the new rockered version sometime.
  17. shima

Nemesis vs Black Pearl

+1 Phil rocks :)
  18. shima

Question: Armada TST - what length?

I'm 5'4" 125lbs and have the TSTw in 165cm as well.
  19. shima

Help Needed: 2012 Volkl Kenja or Volkl Mantra (or Elan Amphibio 88)?

I like my Volkl Kenja's on hard groomer days... and for any day where the snow is not icy/hard I find myself leaning more towards my Armada TSTw's for the most part. The Kenja's a good ski, but I'm considering replacing it for a different groomer / more racer type ski possibly. TBD. Won't be...