• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Blondeinabmw

Question: Montec

My son wore the sister brand, Dope Snow, last season and loved it. He had shells and layered with down midlayers and capeline baselayers. Montec is a bit less trendy colors and patterns, IMO, and a bit higher price point. Both are similar in wind and water resistance. I do think there are better...
  2. Blondeinabmw

Ski valets

Make friends with a local! :)
  3. Blondeinabmw

Has anyone had an MRI on their Lumbar spine ??

I had a lumbar and Thoracic MRI both - face up, on my back. They put a pillow behind your knees and give you ear plugs. I am a little claustrophobic too and was worried about it ahead of time, but it was no big deal. There's constant airflow in the form of a gentle fan blowing through the...
  4. Blondeinabmw

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

I wasn't going to do it. But I did it. With my favorite pants????
  5. Blondeinabmw

Plus-size skier chat

Hey ladies - I just came across a new brand, Halfdays, that seems to offer styles that fit us up to a 2X (which appears to be a generous 2X). Anyone know this brand? These are definitely pricey from what i see, but perhaps a worthwhile investment? I like the option to have colors other than...
  6. Blondeinabmw

Snux - new boot cover

There's also this one, half the price: https://www.amazon.com/SkiSkootys-Bootaclava-Warmers-Neoprene-Skiing/dp/B09FYFJLTB?ref_=ast_sto_dp
  7. Blondeinabmw

Does anyone wear stretch ski pants these days?

I wore the old school wool stirrup pants from Schoeller in the 90’s. They sucked then but looked amazing. I needed gaiters for my boots. I do have these North Face STH stretch pants and they are the most comfortable to ski in ever but not especially warm. Better for balmy days. Boring black but...
  8. Blondeinabmw

Prada skis (and gear)

I've seen Shaun White wearing this on his instagram. The goggles look like Oakley Flight Deck - I swear he is wearing the Prizm torch lens.
  9. Blondeinabmw

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

That is so cute on you! I am loving my Prowess jacket. Its a little longer than your pillowline, but I think I am taller than you. The color Folkstone Gray is definitely grayer than the Foxglove (I saw a couple styles online that used both fabrics so I could definitely tell the contrast). The...
  10. Blondeinabmw

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

I wish more brands would size beyond a juniors cut fit model. Burton finally goes up to an XXL in most of their styles, and one style comes in a 3XL - they also changed their fit to be a bit more generous in the bust-department. Most of the brands seem to stop around a 40" bust, which in my...
  11. Blondeinabmw

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Does buying snowboard gear to wear skiing count as jumping the proverbial shark? I ordered two jackets from Burton because they FINALLY changed their size profile from Juniors cut to normal human women body types. I have always loved the longer length and more relaxed fit of the snowboard...
  12. Blondeinabmw

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

White would look really good, though dangerous. I wonder if a wildcard neon would be cool too - for some reason yellow comes to mind, maybe because its on the other side of the color wheel?
  13. Blondeinabmw

Baselayer addict/slut

My husband has one of those and loves it. I think I will give it a try too
  14. Blondeinabmw

Baselayer addict/slut

Do you know which one it is, or if they have a similar style currently? I love Athleta.
  15. Blondeinabmw

Baselayer addict/slut

I sure do! Great big vents under the arms of my shell jacket and from mid-thigh to lower calf on the outer leg of my pants. They help (though I wonder if I would be better off with inner thigh vents on my pants, but love my pants too much to try anything else). Thanks for the recs! I may need to...
  16. Blondeinabmw

Baselayer addict/slut

I think I've run warm for a while but never to this extent for sure. Its grown progressively worse in my mid-40's. HRT does not help. Helmet vents were totally open. My insulated jacket would be damp-ish at times on warmer days, but nothing compared to how sweaty I was this past season with the...
  17. Blondeinabmw

Baselayer addict/slut

Seems like the best place to ask this question: What weight wool baselayers do you think should I invest in based on the below? I usually ski Breckenridge in January and February. DSG shell jacket (this one) with Eddie Bauer Microtherm 800 fill power down puffy jacket or 800 fill down vest...
  18. Blondeinabmw

Masks for skiing

Oh fantastic! I am heading to the mountains this week (finally) and am so glad to hear they worked out well! They are washed and ready to go for the flight - god willing, no maskne - and for our first ski day.
  19. Blondeinabmw

Masks for skiing

I have very sensitive, fair, acne-prone mid-40's skin. They do not itch me. I did pre-wash them in my regular laundry detergent and air dry them ahead of time. They are very soft, just like the merino wool buff I wear when skiing.
  20. Blondeinabmw

Enable me or don’t. Cashmere sweater for skiing

I have skied in cashmere in the past Its quite lovely, actually. I had a heather gray cashmere turtleneck my husband bought for me at Saks one year. I think I lived in it for at least 5 years - it was in heavy rotation for sure, but because it was decent quality it seemed to hold up. Then I had...