• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiQT

This is a good problem to have: My husband wants me to get new skis!

Thanks all for the great info. I actually do not think I am overpowering my skis since I am not very athletic and I have put on the weight due to being less active (e.g. working from home and other COVID-related precautions) and perimenopause. I also have hit a plateau in my development...
  2. SkiQT

Hope all is well with you!
  3. SkiQT

One correction: my husband is on the Enforcer 88–the male version of the Santa Ana 88
  4. SkiQT

I have been skiing for 12 years and presently ski 2011/2012 Fischer Koa 78 in 154cm which I have loved well. My husband recently upgraded from 2011/2012 Fischer Motive 80 to Nordica Santa Ana 88 and noticed a huge difference and thinks I would benefit from new skis since I have gained a good...
  5. SkiQT

Contest: Kulkea Micro Pack Multi Sport Backpack Giveaway

Pack Support – Padded and contoured back panel, shoulder straps and sternum strap
  6. SkiQT

Golfing 2015

I have worn Foot Joy and Ecco. Personally, I feel the Ecco have better support.
  7. SkiQT

Skiing in the Mid-Atlantic (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV) for 2014-15

DH and I went to Bear Creek today. Conditions were great--we had so much fun getting to end our season on a good note.
  8. SkiQT

Ski pole length question

I have been skiing with composite Goode poles. I found Rossignol carbon fiber poles on sale at REI recently--they were REALLY a nice. My local store had a pair marked 105cm/42" which is the length of my current poles. I checked the length at the store by flipping them over and making sure my...
  9. SkiQT

I know Camelback is planning to close in April.
  10. SkiQT

Review of Okemo WAA program

I just got back from the March session. I was surprised at how supportive of an environment the program was. Towards the end of the second day I was coming down a trail as the last of the group and everyone was cheering for me since they saw me conquer the main thing I was working on. The ironic...
  11. SkiQT

Marta Ears - Post your pics too! Inspired by Marta!

Your group looks to be having fun!
  12. SkiQT

Review of Okemo WAA program

Thanks for the review. I am going to the one next month. I am even more excited now.
  13. SkiQT

List of Women's Clinics for the '14/'15 Season.

I am thinking of going to the 2 day women's clinic March 12-13 at Okemo. Anyone done it in the past?
  14. SkiQT

@tinymoose we are planning of going this weekend as well [emoji2]
  15. SkiQT

Just saw Blue Mountain announced they will be open Sat and Sun this week and then hoping to reopen on Black Friday
  16. SkiQT

I also just saw Shawnee is blowing snow tonight.
  17. SkiQT

The webcams are up so you can watch https://www.skibluemt.com/mountain-cams/
  18. SkiQT

Blue Mountain posted on Facebook that they tested the snow guns this morning so I guess they are trying to get everything in order to start making snow once the temps cooperate [emoji2]
  19. SkiQT

What does a Diva drive?

Yes I meant keyless operation. I really like just keeping the key in my purse so I don't have to dig around for it.
  20. SkiQT

What does a Diva drive?

The Crosstrek didn't have a power driver seat which is something I need since I am short and always trying to be as far back as possible while still reaching the pedal. I tend to make small adjustments as I drive. I also really like the keyless entry which wasn't available except on the hybrid I...