• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Bumblebee

day trip from LA?

I'm arriving mid-march so there's time to snow (let's hope!). Time-wise I'd prefer a day trio or at most overnight. I'd be happy to fly a short distance (reno?) If it's not too expensive and I'm staying by LAX which makes that option easy!
  2. Bumblebee

Amsterdam Airport

Hi Jenny, lovely to see you again! I need to do some catching up. I figured your friend and been and done but I think it was Seraphina considering Maastricht this summer.
  3. Bumblebee

day trip from LA?

I'm glad to be back - there have been big life changes since we met at Diva week 2009. Ive had 2 babies and I'm moving country again in a few weeks - after half a lifetime overseas I'm ready to go home. If I'd been organised I probably could've joined you this year - on to 2015 then!
  4. Bumblebee

Amsterdam Airport

I live just outside Maastricht and echo the ease of travel from schiphol - I don't drive there unless it's really necessary!
  5. Bumblebee

day trip from LA?

Any cali/nevada experts out there? Im going to be in LA mid-march and it seems a shame to take 3 flights (from shetland!) and not get a day at a hill. I'm over for a week with 19/20 on-site but otherwise am flexi. I'm open to flying but as I'm on my own don't want big air transfers or big car...
  6. Bumblebee

TheSkiDiva.com is Six Years Old!!!

Congratulations Ski Diva - 6 years is incredible! Thank you to this site, I've learned so much and am so glad I had the chance to ski with some of you and I hope to be able to do so again in the future.
  7. Bumblebee

Changes At Theskidiva.com

I like the new look - well done Ski Diva!
  8. Bumblebee

White Dot Skis: "The One" & "The Director"

These are much better known in Europe amongst those who like their boutique gear and have a very good reputation. I saw a demo tent in st. Anton last year during the world ski instructors convention thing. I actually have a pair of The Ones which I won in a competition a few years ago which I'm...
  9. Bumblebee

Do you have a favorite, "kindness on the slopes" story?

I'd been skiing the day in Zermatt but needed to get back to Cervinia. The weather had turned and I got caught out in a white-out, took a wrong turn and realised I was back in Switzerland rather than Italy. I'd missed the last cable car to the top of the Klein Matterhorn and my only option was...
  10. Bumblebee

Choosing a trail

Hmmn, I'm wondering if you've got me mixed up with "skieuse" who is the lady in Iceland? I've never even ridden an Icelandic and the closest I've come to Iceland is flying over it en route to Canada. :wink:
  11. Bumblebee

Europe vs. North America

My top tip. Never, ever, ever miss the last cable car home. Nobody likes a 3 mile drag lift up the Klein Matterhorn at dusk in a whiteout! On their own. :loco:
  12. Bumblebee

Choosing a trail

I haven't and tbh I've never heard of it - did a quick google and it was your question which came up. Which country and which discipline is it? I was at the FEI Aachen in the summer for the Kurs which was fun though.
  13. Bumblebee

Why do you love skiing?

Life can be really difficult just doing the day-to-day stuff and surviving. When I get on a plane I'm in holiday mode already - the gas bill can wait type thing. I love the whole shebang, from the "dressing up in funny clothes" to the freezing of my nasal passages, the eating the...
  14. Bumblebee

Do ski shops treat women differently?

From my experience, ski stores treat women different in Canada/US than they do in Europe. Last winter I bought new boots here in NL, I trusted the fitter as he did know what he was talking about because he explained it beautifully to my novice snow-sporting snow-boarding partner... Then...
  15. Bumblebee

Hooray! He is MINE!

My mare's had it twice in the time I have had her, both times a scary but non-consequential oesophagal colic. Both times a quick visit from the vet and a muscle relaxant shock has done the trick. It's a bit of a myth that rolling will twist a gut. If the horse is in pain and wants to lie down...
  16. Bumblebee

Hooray! He is MINE!

I shall have to get you some decent Anky gossip - but let's just say that here in The Netherland she's not popular with other riders or amongst the staff who do actually care for her horses. Lovely saddle though!
  17. Bumblebee

Introducing LTG (Little Tradygirl)!

Congratulations - she's gorgeous!
  18. Bumblebee

Woo! Divas, I'm getting a horse!

Ok, I went back and looked at your pics, he is high-withered, however given his conformation (best seen in final pic) a Dressage saddle sitting well behind his shoulder so as not to impede movement, would also sit back off the withers. The withers are not the strongest part of the spine (check...
  19. Bumblebee

I'm sorry as I really don't want to be preaching to the choir, but a saddle should fit. Making it fit with pads, liners,gel pads etc is a bit like saying your ski boots will fit if you roll up a sock and place it in the toe. I'm glad they're sending someone out! Tbh from the pics, he doesn't...
  20. Bumblebee

Are you planning on riding western or english? For my high-withered but narrow wb I've got a couple of stubben scandicas (VSS and Dressage), both are width 27 I believe. Being stubben of course they know how to fit a wb - any German saddlers too of course, although not cheap. Congrats on...