• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. mustski

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

Having had multiple miscarriages, I feel obliged to point out that generally miscarriage has nothing to do with the action or inaction of the mother. Even if someone goes skiing, falls, and then has a miscarriage it does not mean that the fall was the cause of the miscarriage. Coincidence is a...
  2. mustski

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

You will be fine. You are so personable and easy going that it will be easy! I felt comfortable the first minute I met you!
  3. mustski

Mammoth Ski Resort 2023-2024

There is a small group of us who will be there the weekend of April 19.
  4. mustski

How wide of a powder ski should I demo?

My feeling is that you love both your Blazes and your Sheevas, so try the big sisters. There is a good chance those will wow you! Haha! I ski a Volkl One which has a 116 waist (and is super rockered) in anything over boot top. They are big fun and absolutely "pivoty" in soft bumps. They are...
  5. mustski

big bear (sourthern california) help

Yes. They are a good shop. Try to get them the night before if possible.
  6. mustski

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

Awesome! As for answering questions … it’s all about the beginning phrase: We are so grateful … I hoped that … The experience is … It’s my first time flying Southwest and…. I never imagined… I can’t even begin to describe… No words could adequately explain…
  7. mustski

New to Total Joy: snowplowing????????

The shop got them mounted, checked the tune, and waxed them (not requested) in AN HOUR. So I doubled the tip!
  8. mustski

I just bought brand new Fischer Ranger 84s. I’m getting the bindings mounted today and told the tech there was a $20 tip in it if he would check the tune for me. Only in the ski industry can you sell a product that needs immediate tuning. Can you imagine if the auto industry did that?
  9. mustski

Go to Summit. You will have more fun skiing there and your kids will be in lessons so it will be fine. At Bear, the beginner area is great but on other runs the high speed park rats rule!
  10. mustski

Snow Valley because the middle kid can sit on the lovely outdoor deck and be able to see you all ski down! If you haven’t already booked a place to stay, try to get a place in Running Springs or Lake Arrowhead instead of Big Bear proper. However, if you want to stay in Big Bear then Snow...
  11. mustski

Are you coming up for the day or staying in Big Bear overnight? Weekend or weekday? On weekends, Snow Valley is much easier with abundant parking and a great sundeck! All 3 resorts have good instructors. In any case, expect spring conditions with early softening. Valley will start the day...
  12. mustski

I would definitively start with getting the tune checked. It seems odd that a switch in ski would cause a drastic change in ability/skill. Different skis sometimes take some getting used to or are more work or prefer different types of ski, but to feel compelled to snowplow sound really odd to...
  13. mustski

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

I’m with you. I bought some Squire TCX Demos and I’m tempted to buy another pair. The only thing that stops me is the constant improvements in technology
  14. mustski

Ski sickness / Hausler's

Yes. I have it. It seems once you have a really bad event in a treeless environment that you get hit bad and then it keeps coming back. I had my inner ear checked and it’s nothing related to regular vertigo. This is actually ocular and, sadly, part of aging. Most people report that medication...
  15. mustski

Agreed! Truthfully though, the Look bindings at +2 are pretty darn neutral.
  16. mustski

Yes. The pair I saw had the new Griffin demos. My understanding is that Marker is adapting both the Squire and Griffon demos to have the same delta angles as the non demo bindings of the same names.
  17. mustski

I don’t know the answer to that. I just know that the 2025 Secrets that Volkl sent to Tricia and Phil have the new 2025 demo bindings on them.
  18. mustski

Cleaning Tips for White Ski Pants

It might be just the picture but, to me, they don't look yellowed. They just look more of an ivory white than a snow white. I actually prefer an ivory white.
  19. mustski

It is happening in 2025. The 2025 Secret 96s - available for demo - all have the new Marker Griffin demo on them and they have the +5 delta. I can understand why they are aligning their demo bindings with their regular bindings. Most people purchase the regular binding and only experience the...
  20. mustski

I have joined the delta sensitive group since I sized down to a 23 from a 24. It’s the reason I sold my Stormriders. I no longer felt stable on them ad chose to sell rather than adjust..I just bought a pair if demo Squires for my new skis . I gave found the Look bindings to be pretty good but...