• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. M

Scarpa gea RS boots

Well I guess that helps justify replacing the boots I got when my teenager was a baby I also had no issues and was surprised how quick the boots came. The DHL app is awesome!
  2. M

Skier’s Thumb- any advice?

Yikes! Double eject sounds bad! They are seeing a bone chip so want to MRI to get a better look to see if surgery is indicated or if bracing will do. Mine swelled but never bruised. It’s not too bad, I just have zero strength. Can’t even hold a coffee cup or use a can opener. Writing is a...
  3. M

Ooh I love the idea of getting another brace for showering and pelotoning. I was thinking this one would get super gross if I sweated in it.
  4. M

Some really old black diamond flip lock ones- curious does pole type make a difference? I crashed pretty hard when I got hurt. I do use the wrist straps where you grab them from the bottom. Here was my ski after hitting the mini tree stump in the shadows on the cat track out. Last run down to...
  5. M

Apparently I brought home skier’s thumb as a souvenir from my last trip. I just got an x-ray and it looks like you can see a bone chip the ligament pulled off. They want an mri to confirm damage before choosing surgery vs non-surgery. Anyone have experience?
  6. M

What you find in pockets

My husband left his sunglasses on the roof sat at a softball tournament and they were dusty but unharmed next to our spot when we arrived Sun. I hope you find yours.
  7. M

Ski outfits

I used to wear the same thing all the time for years on end. Then I had a daughter. She needed a new coat almost every year. They came in fun bright colors. It started to seem like a good idea to get new coats in fun colors. Now I have quite a few. I actually have a new pair of ski...
  8. M

Alta Demo Reqs

If there’s any concern about availability- see if there is a men’s ski equivalent that’s just a different top sheet or very small difference. I ski Rustler 10s which are the Sheeva equivalent. I love them! I have not tried the others on your list.
  9. M

Vail Introduces "My Epic Gear"

I could totally see my in-laws using something like this. I swear they bought new skis every time they came to visit (every few years). They have now stopped skiing and I asked my husband if I could harvest a pair of bindings off one of the pairs of skis they left at our condo.
  10. M

What you find in pockets

It’s the same size as a quarter- so I think it was just given as change- but I’m curious how it got from Kenya to I think Winter Park ️ before ending up in her pocket. Apparently we give her way too much lunch money too - because it was very lucrative emptying her pockets today.
  11. M

What you find in pockets

Just emptied my daughter’s pockets to wash ski gear. Curious where this came from
  12. M

Top sheet bent up - will epoxy hold long term?

Here’s a more zoomed out view.
  13. M

Top sheet bent up - will epoxy hold long term?

I had a small issue with a root hiding in the shadows on the cat track at the end of the day. There was a repair shop at the base who epoxied it back down overnight. Any thoughts on how this epoxied will hold up? Do I need to be looking for new skis in spring clearance- or is it pretty robust...
  14. M

Scarpa gea RS boots

@WaterGirl Thank You! I appreciate your info! Funny you mention finding a pair on sale. I just ordered from this site (my friend recommended them- but I have not used them before) and they have your size on sale...
  15. M

Scarpa gea RS boots

Anyone have thoughts on these? I have a 15 YO pair of Scarpa Divas that stated cracking across the top of where the pin holes are on a hut trip I did. They held up to the car luckily but I guess it’s replacement time. I am happy with them- but think a little stiffer would be good- so I’m...
  16. M

Powder skis?

I agree with the Sheeva recommendations- but also look at the men’s version the Rustlers- the shorter lengths on the men’s version go on clearance more often - that’s how I got mine.
  17. M

Ideas for a Women's Camp

I used to do the 1 day mogul clinics at Winter Park and they were fabulous! So I agree that they are really good at sorting groups. I really like it when we learn a drill - got to practice a little with feedback - but then are told- take the rest of the run to work on this concept (when we’re...
  18. M

Blizzard Sheeva 11 and Black Pearl 88

I have not tried those but I ski the rustler (men’s Sheeva equiv) 10s which are 102 underfoot. I’m 5’6” 140ish and have not ever really felt like I needed more under foot in powder. I usually see fairly big dudes on the 11s. My husband who is 6’5” 195 was just talking about if he should get a...
  19. M

Tell me about teaching

My home Mountain posted about a clinic they are having about learn what it’s like to be a ski instructor. I’m a bit curious. I would only teach part time if I did it. I’m curious if anyone else started teaching as an approaching 50 year old and how it went. Or even your experience if you...
  20. M

Kids way younger is pass photo- ever a problem?

Final update- no problems at Revelstoke with 5’9” teen with 3yo picture. She now wants a new photo for next year though.