• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. D

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Funny how the numbers add up. My usual number by chance is 33 days. This year I didn't start until Feb 5 because of my knee and only got up to 11. Last year my season ended on Feb 7 because of my knee, but had managed 22 days by then. I just came to the realization that my 2 partial seasons...
  2. D

The Ski Sled

Phew! You had me worried for a minute. I thought you meant you had to take a sled down, which is rarely a good thing.
  3. D

Best area near Denver to live with ski access?

I'm not an expert on CO, but I believe the closest and easiest hill to get to near Greeley would be Eldora. They don't always get the snow that the other areas get, but you wouldn't have to deal with I70. Eldora is unlimited on the Ikon pass.
  4. D

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

@AluraBrava do you have a home hill, or do you have to travel to ski? Or do you have specific goals/ terrain you want to work on? Knowing what you are hoping to get out of a clinic will help steer the conversation. Also, does altitude matter? Taos has a great women's week clinic for just...
  5. D

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

It's starting to look like we might need a Blaze 94 thread soon.
  6. D

Thanks. This is kind of looking at skis for where I want to ski, not what I get to ski. I have the Blaze 86 in a 152 and have been happy with the length. My other skis range up to 165 (1st gen SA88). I haven't liked any demos wider than 88 so far, but I haven't tried any for several years...
  7. D

What length were you on? I've been looking at the current model 94 w and hope to demo next season. I'm assuming you'll post a review at some point?
  8. D

What length did you go with?
  9. D

Wachusett 23/24

Wawa is swinging from one extreme to the next. April 20 was a bit on the early side for their clean up day. Now it is posted for June 1. Which I think is a bit late for it. It will be warmer, and the grass and brush will be taller making it harder to find the trash. They moved it to...
  10. D

Mixed level group lessons- yea or nay?

I do think Tamarack is onto something with this. Imagine going on a ski trip as a family. It's your first day at a larger resort. There's a bit of a split in abilities, and you know the lower level skiers could benefit from some instruction, but you would rather spend time together as a...
  11. D

Wachusett 23/24

I'm guessing this is a perk few Alta passholders will make use of :)
  12. D

As long as the higher level skiers are fully aware of what they are getting themselves into, and don't mind either taking turns with the instructor on parallel runs or revisiting drills and skills that they already have down, I don't think I'd feel like I'm holding anyone up. And if I happened...
  13. D

Wachusett 23/24

You're right, it will be! The question was asked and answered on their insta page. Their website is often a little lacking, isn't it?
  14. D

Wachusett 23/24

I'm also curious to see what the Perks for Passholders will be next year. One year had a few free days at Taos. This year had half off at Alta. Always good to keep an eye on the perks.
  15. D

Wachusett 23/24

I saw that, but no pricing yet. And on the site where it says "coming soon" for gold, silver, and bronze, there is no steel. :cry:
  16. D

I have had both good and bad experiences in a mixed level lesson. I find that it takes a combination of group compatibility (what does each individual hope to get out of it) and instructor compatibility (not all instructors are able/ willing to make a varied group work.) Sounds obvious when...
  17. D

Travel bag that will accomodate boots and helmet

Just an FYI that Sierra has two different sizes of the Dakine Split Roller right now. Just boring black, but good prices.
  18. D

DPS Phantom base treatment, how to avoid waxing recreational skis - Notes 2020

I still like to wax occasionally to keep my bases from drying out and looking nice. Nothing like the look of a nice shiny base. But I also find waxing to be a bit of a zen thing. I have Phantom on my favorite skis so I can wax when I want to vs when I need to.
  19. D

Anyone remember Tenney?

What will prices be for privates next year, and will Dan still be on the instructor roster?
  20. D

Wachusett 23/24

Interesting. I saw it a day or two ago, but didn't get around to posting about it. I haven't navigated away or closed the page yet though, so can still see it. I wonder why they took it down, I would think letting people know there's a date change would be a good thing and prevent...