• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiNana

Colorado vs Montana?

Whitefish is great ... And low altitude. If you've been there four times, you know about the fog. We live at Big Sky. We've skied Whitefish, when it was Big Mountain, and I found it . . . utterly charming! The other thing no one has mentioned is LINES! Colorado has them: we do not. Montana...
  2. SkiNana

Time for some powder skis . . .

Magically, I suddenly do now as well! Notice the sudden rash of SkiNana "Likes"! Apple products are certainly "intuitive": all you have to do is complain and they change their ways! :thumbs up:
  3. SkiNana

Help Needed: New - Fat and need skis

WHEW! I feel better now! I was thinking the same thing about trying to be funny on the Internet! I haven't tried this, but have gotten up twice without removing my skis in the last week! Once I buried my tips in deep pow in bumps and we were in a hurry to catch friends who'd takes a faster...
  4. SkiNana

I can do that (in fact I'm always deleting accidental ones! :doh:) but the notice we get is transient, and I didn't think it would show up on a screen shot . . . besides the fact that you did such a fine job of describing exactly what we have - and don't have - the opportunity to do!
  5. SkiNana

Hi, am new to Ski Diva want help on past beginner ski purchase!

I use Black Pearls as my every day ski and find it does fine on groomers and hard pack which, while we have plenty of snow, is what we seem to be skiing on at the moment. They are also great off piste. I believe the 166 length is 88 at the waist (2012model). We almost never see ice here...
  6. SkiNana

They are wonderful, farmgirl! They turn like a dream and I am enjoying them. I liked the TST as well (well, not "as well", obviously! I liked it also.) but it worked for me in the 165 and the Rossi in a 170. The 170 was more stable. I hate to admit the graphic had anything to do with my...
  7. SkiNana

:Yahoo!: :dance:
  8. SkiNana

Um . . . Okay . . . I thought you just apologized for doing it! No worries. Unless my snow doesn't arrive, of course. Then I'll have to cancel your massage! :laugh:
  9. SkiNana

I wondered about that!
  10. SkiNana

Question: Frequent skiers, how do you do it?

Lots of cultural events come to university towns and we have a symphony orchestra as well in Bozeman. The new Warren Miller Cultural center just opened this year and the Big Sky Arts Council holds several big name opera performances, pianists and other skilled musicians each year. Since it's a...
  11. SkiNana

Uh-oh, my boot exploded!

I loved those boots. They were men's, I'm sure, because in those days my fat (wide) feet only fit in men's boots, much to the despair of DH who wanted to buy me white - or better yet, pink! - women's ski boots. They were dark blue and comfortable (with the shell popped) and it broke my heart...
  12. SkiNana

I can't manage THAT either, skibum! Geargrrl, show her what WE get! Except, it's fleeting, I'm not certain you can capture it on a screen shot.
  13. SkiNana

I get what geargrrl gets . . . No thumbs!
  14. SkiNana

Great plan!
  15. SkiNana

How do you "like" on Tapatalk?!
  16. SkiNana

Tropical ocean!! You missed that part. Though I loved Vancouver: what a gorgeous city - if you're going to live in a city of course. (tongue in cheek: I'm needling you, abc) (Did you just edit in the last sentence? Or did I miss it reading on my iPad?)
  17. SkiNana

Big Sky is filled with older folks who ski with gusto and skill as well. Except for the backbone of the (employed) community, Resort employees, visitors, and the cuties from the Ophir School, of course, I'd even consider this a community of older people. We ski with a mixed group, often, and...
  18. SkiNana

What happened to my poles?

Waaait a minute . . . . A goes out and locks up B's skis because B forgot (So one assumes A had locked his, or he wouldn't have been concerned about B forgetting to do his own, right? A comes back in, with C, I guess, and they all continue to eat, drink, visit, or whatever. "A comes out to...
  19. SkiNana

It was the same binding! Just the black instead of white and it has blue trim areas that match the graphic. And they had DH's blessing. So, you see, they didn't really take any liberties at all with my decision on bindings. Rereading, that did sound like they had gone crazy on their own, but...
  20. SkiNana

Uh-oh, my boot exploded!

I'm glad you're safe and that this story has a happy ending, Ann! DH still loves to tell the story about when we returned to skiing after a twenty year hiatus (we were working, discovered scuba diving and had not enough holiday time to both ski and dive.) I have "difficult" feet too, and had...