• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. tradygirl

Relocation to Germany - need advice!

Any contacts would be great. I'm getting super overwhelmed trying to figure out my desired compensation for negotiation/cost of living, etc so maybe a local could have some insight. It would be great to get some contacts of other English-speaking expats in the area to ask questions about...
  2. tradygirl

It's a smaller town called Furstenfeldbruck outside of Munich. I don't think I would necessarily have to learn German for work, since I'll be working with customers all over Europe (mostly France, Germany, Italy) and a lot of time working with our manufacturing in China. Generally, English is...
  3. tradygirl

So....I have an opportunity to relocate to Germany for work, and my husband and I are seriously considering it. I have a lot of questions, and I would love advice from anyone who currently lives or has lived recently in Europe (especially Germany). It's one thing to visit, but living there...
  4. tradygirl

Naming Winter Storms

This is happening in utah too. We just got hammered with a 47" storm that everyone is calling "Brutus".
  5. tradygirl

Heart Rate Monitors

So, I'm still using an old Polar HR monitor from like 10 years ago, and I've decided it's time to upgrade. Anyone have any good suggestions? I don't need anything fancy since I can track pretty much everything but HR on my iPhone now, but just something that will work with the treadmills at...
  6. tradygirl

Help! Preseason Diet Miracle Needed!

So this is a big departure, but something that really helped me in terms of maintaining my health and keeping my weight down. Meditation. Yeah, weird, but it helps break the mental cycle of "I totally messed up and ate a whole pizza, I might as well give up completely". Meditation has taught...
  7. tradygirl

Help! Preseason Diet Miracle Needed!

High intensity interval training. And don't eat crappy food. :) Honestly, everyone else already nailed it. Track your food intake and calories, stick to lean protein, "good" fats, fruits and veggies. Cut out all sugar (and sugar "alternatives"), soda, alcohol, and non-whole grain...
  8. tradygirl

Frostbite spots

A few seasons back we had a particularly cold few weeks and I'm pretty sure I got a little bit of frostbite on my cheeks at the bottom edge of my goggle line. Since that winter I've had faint dark spots on my cheeks and it's starting to drive me nuts. Does anyone have any experience on how to...
  9. tradygirl

Wider skis? Suggestions?

I may have missed this, but how tall are you? I have the 178s and they still ski short due to the tail and tip rockers (I'm 5'9"). Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend these if you aren't planning on skiing some off-piste - there are probably better groomer/mogul skis out there.
  10. tradygirl

About the recent crash

Wow - it was like I totally disappeared again. :)
  11. tradygirl

Wider skis? Suggestions?

I concur with the rossi S3 suggestion. I've had a pair for 3 seasons and they are super versatile, fun, and forgiving. They rail groomers and float well in moderately deep pow.
  12. tradygirl

Lodging in Rossland, BC (Red Mountain)

Anyone have any great tips on affordable places to stay in Rossland? We're heading up that direction in March, and we only need a place to stay one night in Rossland before we move on to our next destination.
  13. tradygirl

If Altagirl had a daughter.......

Ha - I just read this with little TG on my lap. If her dad has anything to do with it, she may be racing bikes someday!
  14. tradygirl

I skied the '11/'12 Rossi S3's today

LOVE my 2011 S3s. Sounds like they kept a good thing going. And yes, they are excellent in powder.
  15. tradygirl

Rossignol Electra 100 boots?

Thanks. I actually ordered them today since i'm getting a killer deal. Fingers crossed that the awesome fit in the shop carries over to awesome fit and performance on the snow.
  16. tradygirl

New Gear List for the '11-'12 season?

Finally getting some new boots. Also goggles and gloves. I think this year will not end up in a lot of midseason purchases with a new little one at home. Ski gear has dropped on my priority list just a bit!
  17. tradygirl

First time out since Baby.

Dee ski - congrats! I just had my baby in august. This thread caught my eye because I guess I hadn't really thought about the logistics of breastfeeding while skiing. My and hubby have been more concerned about working out our ski schedule! Not sure if I'll be BFing still by the end of the...
  18. tradygirl

Rossignol Electra 100 boots?

Anyone have any experience with these? I tried them on over the weekend and they fit me like a glove. Just wondering how they perform for an expert level off piste skier. I've been wary of women's boots in the past but this year's stuff looks really legit.
  19. tradygirl

Introducing LTG (Little Tradygirl)!

Does the ski attachment for a Chariot count? Planning on a little more xc skiing this year. But Alta and Solitude passes are in hand! I think i'll be able to pull off plenty of half-days. This is our first so maybe I'm crazy but I have to try!
  20. tradygirl

Introducing LTG (Little Tradygirl)!

Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've posted here - probably since the end of ski season. Pregnancy tended to take up a lot of my energy and push things like skiing to the back of my mind, but I'm happy to announce the arrival of our little girl! LTG was born Aug 26 at 11:15PM, so fast...