• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. beckylh84

I'm getting ankle surgery

Your blog is full of very helpful information. Thanks so much for sharing!
  2. beckylh84

Skiing with Sciatica

I had herniated L5/S1 pretty severely this previous winter. Luckily mine was bad enough that surgery was the only option, so there was no decision making or screwing around with conservative treatments - I had foot drop and lost feeling in my leg, so I got the surgery and it has been a life...
  3. beckylh84

Deltoid ligament reconstruction and fixation of the syndesmosis. He's doing the sydesmosis repair with screws instead of the suture repair. Lots of metal going in!
  4. beckylh84

September 27. So exactly two weeks from today. MTB as much as I can before then. Thankfully biking doesn't bother me at all.
  5. beckylh84

Very slowly getting set up. I'm in that crazy pre-surgery nesting phase right now, which I think isn't helping at all!
  6. beckylh84

Yeah they wrote me order for a knee scooter and crutches. I'm basically getting a full reconstruction and won't be walking until December. This is going to be awesome. :rolleyes:
  7. beckylh84

Uh, how do I function after surgery being non-weight bearing for up to 2 months? My summer is getting cut short, only 2 weeks left to mountain bike my little heart out (GREAT deal on a 2016 Trek end of September, btw). In February '17 I had back surgery and I was generally able to do most...
  8. beckylh84

Crashing

I had back surgery 6 months ago for a non-sport related injury. Thought I'd be timid as could be getting back to skiing and mountain biking. Nope. Skiing was fine, mountain biking - well my Strava times have been faster than ever, especially downhill. I've had a couple gnarly bike crashes...
  9. beckylh84

Bike Insurance?

Anyone insure their bikes? If so, have any rec's on insurance? My quiver of bikes, just like skis, is growing and I'm thinking I should consider insurance.
  10. beckylh84

Are our skis too fat?

Skis too fat? Never. My daily work ski was 110 underfoot. Skied them every day, including the month of February, which yielded only 20" of snow.
  11. beckylh84

Lessons learned this season...

My most valuable powder lesson happened on the last pow day of the season. Standing atop a secret stash with the ski school manager. Ashley: "Hey Becky, you want a tip on skiing powder?!" Me: "YES!" ....as he skis off, "You gotta get it first". :doh: At least he paid for my beers the rest of...
  12. beckylh84

Best '15/'16 ski moments

All of my 4am wake up calls and starting the day smelling the burn of a lit bomb and not having to worry about getting fresh tracks.
  13. beckylh84

Sego UP PRO

About me: Full time patroller, 130+ days on snow this year, expert-ish, can be found in WFO & dotcom on powder days; No Name is overrated. I wasn't 100% confident about these (my fattest fat ski) when I made the purchase, but that all changed when I got on them the first time, which happened...
  14. beckylh84

Snow basin: 15/16

All lifts are now open. Protected areas on No Name are skiing phenomenal. Get it while you can--8 day dry spell coming up, but stay in bounds. Hells had a slide down to the ground shortly after this latest storm cycle ended. Anything not controlled is pretty spooky.
  15. beckylh84

Question: What are the best ski gloves? I have Reynolds syndrome in my hands and need really warm gloves.

Hestra Heli Mitt. They also make a battery heated glove. I have heard great things about the BD mercury, but have no experience with BD gloves.
  16. beckylh84

So who's planning to watch Apres Ski?

Watched the first episode online. 47 minutes of my day that I can't get back. It was TERRIBLE. As soon as I saw the one girl walking through Whistler Village wearing a mini-dress and stilletos I knew it was going to be even worse than what I expected.
  17. beckylh84

Winterizing Your Vehicle

I'm moving to Utah in two weeks and getting ready to buy my first set of snows for the Accord. I'm looking on TireRack and there are snow then snow and ice tires. Differences or just marketing?
  18. beckylh84

Padded bike shorts for kids?

The "family" vacation this year will be the last few days of RAGBRAI at the end of July. My SO's son is 10 and I'm trying to find him some nice padded bike shorts for the 2 days (approx 120mi) of riding. We've been getting him out on the bike the last few weekends and have gradually built him...
  19. beckylh84

Getting started on the tele's...

I'm just gonna start with the basic--how the heck do you get that cable pulled up into the groove on the back of the heel (I have the G3 Targa Elle). I finally got it...but only after loosening the springs all the way, then cranking them back down. I'm sure there are easier ways. Other than...
  20. beckylh84

List of Women's Clinics for the '14/'15 Season.

Getting STOKED...birthday weekend AND hucking some cliffs?!?! YUUUUUP!