• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. S

For Divas on the "Go"

Wow... now I have seen everything.... It doesn't warn about risk of frostbite though!
  2. S

What were your ski goals this season, and have you met them?

I had two goals; 1) Get over fear of really high hills - trying to... I think it'll come with number 2 and 2) Learn proper technique = will give me confidence = get over fear! Let's see how this will turn out by the end of the season :)
  3. S

Expert skis for intermediates? Good or bad - thoughts?

Most likely over? Sorry I don't think I understood that... and yes, of course everyone would need to adjust to a new pair of skis :) but I'm talking relatively, an advanced skier on any skis would still ski better than a beginner skier.
  4. S

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

Google search! :D
  5. S

to snowboard or not to snowboard

It's good to have kids interested in snow, be it boarding or skiing. :P I know I wanted to try both (skiing and snowboarding) when I was little, but didn't have the conditions to do so. Now I purchased my own skiing gear, but still wish I had learned earlier.
  6. S

Leaving the Poles at Home

I like skiing without poles better. Yes, I can't pole-plant that well and that probably explains why I don't like using them, but it's also like holding onto extra luggage as I'm skiing? :( Also, you should check the size of your poles, are they too long/short?
  7. S

Death at A-Basin yesterday

So sorry for his friends and family... :( I will definitely be looking into protective gear now.
  8. S

Getting through the off season

Swimming ~ I used to do it competitively, but then school got in the way and I quit the team. :( I want to pick it back up though, especially in the summer. I also play tennis, really fun and keeps me on my toes ~ Some biking, some off-trail but only on flats; I cannot control my speed...
  9. S

Blue, Blue, Blue! (and that's a good thing!)

Congratulations! It's amazing the feeling you get for accomplishing something you didn't think you could in a certain time-frame!
  10. S

Little Lightning's thread makes me wonder how many of you wear a helmet?

I've never worn one before, but I'm looking to invest in one. It sucks that most helmets don't fit my enormous head. I've had many great tumbles and falls involving my head and I'm so thankful that I never walked away with more than a small bruise, but I'm definitely looking into safety...
  11. S

Michele Obama goes skiing!

:ROTF: And what happens if you run into them accidentally? I bet they'd put you down before asking questions...
  12. S

Help Needed: Hi everyone! Wouldja help a new skiier out??

If you win I'm buying a pair and bragging to all my friends! :P
  13. S

Bra trees

Yes!! hahahaha I live in Ontario, and at Blue Mountain there are a bunch of trees covered with literally a hundred bras. :P I wonder who put them up there... if they bring an extra with them or not. My nice BF also (jokingly) threatened to throw mine down there, so I'm not too fond of them.
  14. S

Expert skis for intermediates? Good or bad - thoughts?

I think there's a difference between a skier's true ability and their ability on good equipment? Because if you put an advanced skier on beginner skis, they won't fall everywhere because they have experience already. So I think when a skier reaches that stage, they can ski whatever, and this...
  15. S

"Sigh, you're going to be a TECHNICAL skier, aren't you?"

I've never taken lessons before. Conditions weren't good enough when I was younger for my parents to afford lessons for me, and I didn't start skiing until I was 15, and then it was only occasionally. My brother started lessons this year though, and he's 6, so I bet he's going to be much better...
  16. S

Skiing With Poles That Are Too Long??

Are shorter poles better then? I'm 5'5'', supposed to use 115cm, but maybe 110 will work too.
  17. S

First time to Tremblant

Sounds like a fun time! :) I was going to go to Tremblant... well... today actually, but other stuff got in the way :( that and the fact that my new skis haven't yet arrived. Oh well, maybe next year.
  18. S

One frustrated MOMMY!

I don't know if this helps but... reverse psychology works on kids a lot! The more you want them to do something, the less they want to do it, but the less you nag them, they would get naturally curious and want to try it out. Being patient and having his friends go along would probably help...
  19. S

Staggered at people teaching their own kids

I never liked being taught by those close to me... they just try to push me off higher hills with no instruction, and then complain later when I raise the issue of zero guidance that even if they did instruct me I wouldn't listen. I guess that's why relatives and friends are not good teachers. :(
  20. S

K2 Tough Love 170 $299

Wishing I was taller... :(