• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. RhodySkier

The Great Foggy Goggle Blues Giveaway

I wish my goggles weren't foggy so I could see where the black diamond is that I'm trying to avoid.
  2. RhodySkier

Question: Where to ski in Vermont?

Hi FLGIRL! Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been MIA. As Ski Diva mentioned, Stowe is on a smaller scale compared to Colorado but still a magical place to ski. We went after a snow storm in March a few weeks after our trip to Colorado and had a blast. The snow was *almost* as good as...
  3. RhodySkier

So I'm afraid of hills...

Yea! AliceH, I'm so happy the skis worked out for you. Congrats on skiing those blues! :thumbsup:
  4. RhodySkier

Highlights of your season ('10-'11)

For me, Trading in my beginner skis for skis that I love love love First ski trip out West First black run...on accident Skiing that black run and a few others on purpose Skiing down from the gondola at Stowe with DH (something I thought last year I would not be able to do for a long time)...
  5. RhodySkier

Stowe 3/27

gardenmary, I love skiing Stowe. It truly is a magical place! I think the Front Four just might be calling your name...:eyebrows:
  6. RhodySkier

Stowe 3/27

I had an awesome ski day at Stowe on Sunday. Given the resurgence of winter and fresh snow, DH and I couldn't resist a last minute trip this weekend. We hit the slopes early on Sunday. Some of the lifts were on wind hold and it was COLD. But...as soon as my boots touched the snow and I heard...
  7. RhodySkier

Northern New England>Winter Returns

Heading to Stowe this weekend! I can't wait!:bounce: So happy that winter has made a return appearance.
  8. RhodySkier

First ever black run!

:clap:Congrats!:clap:
  9. RhodySkier

Ahem - Black Diamond V-Card is GONE ;)

Congrats, B.E.G! :yahoo:
  10. RhodySkier

Related word game

hour
  11. RhodySkier

Ski Resort Comparisons

RachelV--Cool website!
  12. RhodySkier

OK, I have to share my best deal EVER!

Awesome! I love a good shopping deal!
  13. RhodySkier

What do you do with ski stickers?

That's what I do! I have stickers on my helmet from each resort that I've skied. They're nice momentos of my skiing journey.
  14. RhodySkier

Suggestions for demo

I ski the Cloud 9 in New England and really like it. Liked it better than the Cloud 8 and the Sol. I think for New England any of the Cloud series would be good to demo. It's difficult to say if you'll like the Cloud 7, 8 or 9 better. There's been a lot of love for the Atomic D2VF73 and 75...
  15. RhodySkier

Little Lightning's thread makes me wonder how many of you wear a helmet?

:thumbsup: Yes! $100 is a small price to pay to protect your brain, especially compared to how much one pays for other ski gear. Tvan, glad your husband is okay. Hope all checks out with his doctor.
  16. RhodySkier

New turn descriptions

:thumbsup: Just awesome
  17. RhodySkier

Vermont this Saturday?

teppaz posted a similar question. I think this weekend is gonna be a no-go.:(
  18. RhodySkier

Upstate NY/MA this weekend

I think all of New England will be skunked out this weekend. :( Canceled plan A for MA and even plan B for ME. Fingers crossed for next weekend!
  19. RhodySkier

Question: Volkl Kenja, Sol, Atomic 7th Heaven

Cloud, I'm 5'5'' and weigh 115lb. I'm in my second season of skiing, currently a level 5, maybe 6, skier who stays on the groomers (mostly blues, starting to get into blacks). I would also classify myself as a type 2 skier. I demoed both skis in a 144cm. For now, a shorter ski seems to work...
  20. RhodySkier

Little Lightning's thread makes me wonder how many of you wear a helmet?

Here are some stats that I found from quick google search. I can't attest to the scientific rigor behind them but interesting numbers nonetheless. 60% of snow sport related deaths are from head injury (a high percentage but overall low absolute number since on average 39 people die each year)...