• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. T

Affordable ski towns

If your SO company has an office here it's actually pretty easy to get a work permit. Look up the CUSMA (previously NAFTA) intra-company transfer program. That's how I came here almost 8 years ago (live in Banff) and now I'm a citizen. That permit doesn't require an LMIA and after one year it's...
  2. T

Seeking advice on AT gear

I'd highly recommend doing a couple tours, or skin up your local resort a few times in advance of the trip to break in your boots and identify hot spots... 6 miles/2500' with an overnight pack would be a long approach for your first time skinning (at least sounds like this would be your first...
  3. T

Plan your Canadian trips!!

You upload vaccine proof into the ArriveCan app within 72hrs of arrival (or flight departure) into Canada. Not sure if this will change eventually, but currently you can't complete the ArriveCan info more then 72hrs from arrival. To be clear, ArriveCan does not give a determination if you will...
  4. T

Plan your Canadian trips!!

It sounds like the test on entry is being done away with, but still need to do pre-arrival test. Pre-arrival within 72 hrs can also be NAAT rapid test (the ID Now is NAAT) or RT-PCR test (this is the rapid PCR). I came back to Canada from a trip to the US on July 5 under the revised restrictions...
  5. T

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

To clarify with most women’s bibs, if it has either side zips or dropseat, you don’t even need to unzip your jacket or mess with the upper bib portion to use the bathroom. I pretty much only wear bibs now because they are so comfortable and I actually find them easier if you have to pee in the...
  6. T

Pieps DSP avalanche beacons

FYI it’s the opposite that is the issue... ie the issue is when you can move from Send to Search without pressing the lock. Most beacons aren’t ‘locked’ in Search mode, that’s fairly normal. The issue is the opposite when your beacon can inadvertently get switched into Search mode, thus...
  7. T

Game time! Guess the resort?

Yep. I figured someone would see that sticker. It’s actually a snorkel that is on the bust of Buddy Werner. That was 2011, a big snow year. Right after this photo another dog peed on Buddy’s head and the next winter was the worst on record. My dog is long gone now but he loved skiing all the...
  8. T

I don’t have tons of photos but here’s a bit of a cheeky one... anyone who knows what that thing is next to my dog should know where it is... normally that thing is about head high in winter. This was taken May 1st during a massive spring snow year after the mountain closed.
  9. T

Which to me says it must be some type of 'interconnect' chairlift... so I'm going with Sugarbush, that chair they installed to connect North to South... Slidebrook?
  10. T

Summit at Snoqualmie is what I was referring to... aside from Alpental and Summit at Snoqualmie, I didn't actually realize there were 2 other ski areas up there... so if it's not one of those, then I have no idea.
  11. T

Is it Snoqualmie?
  12. T

Skis for hut trip?

Are your scarpas dynafit compatible (ie can use with pin bindings)? If so how about just rent a tech setup for the trip? Plenty of places in Summit/Vail area to rent from.
  13. T

Correct. This is the backside of Louise (heh).
  14. T

Nope, you went too west.
  15. T

Nope but you’re in the right region
  16. T

This might be a little hard but we’ll see.
  17. T

Elk Mountain?
  18. T

You got it. These are the old ski jump judging towers.
  19. T

You are in the correct region, so now the question is what is the resort's name?
  20. T

Next up... (and sorry @jskis190 not waiting for a response on that last one before posting the next because, well, I know it was right!)...