• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. cleopatra

struggled in the mashed potatoes today

I like this idea!
  2. cleopatra

struggled in the mashed potatoes today

I had a day like this last week. It was our end of season party up at the cat ski lodge. It had been 10-15c for a week with blue skies, obviously huge effect on the snow. I avoid these conditions like the plague on the ski hill, but thought maybe at the lodge with out as many tracks it might be...
  3. cleopatra

Spring is here?

114 cms in the last 7 days here at Fernie. I got out for 5 of them, with my best day ever on the resort mountain here on Thursday. It was the perfect combination of strong legs, no crowds and puking snow all afternoon. Skied 9-3:30 in fresh boot to knee deep powder all day, face shots like...
  4. cleopatra

Thinking of becoming a ski patroller next year

Thanks all for the input. I think it is different from the US to Canada. I have to have a chat with a patroller up here and get a real handle on the commitment etc.
  5. cleopatra

Spring is here?

gotcha, I only go there for biking. LOL!
  6. cleopatra

Thinking of becoming a ski patroller next year

I am thinking of joining the volunteer ski patrol next year. They do the training for me, have to give them 16 days to get a free ski pass for the year after ($900 value). Plus great experience and good peeps. Anyone out there been a patroller? Any experiences to share? Worthwhile?
  7. cleopatra

Spring is here?

there is a ski hill in Moab? or was this a bike/ski trip? We are heading there for biking at the beginning of May :)
  8. cleopatra

Spring is here?

woohoo! Winter is back 50+ cms in 24hours and puking hard right now. So thankful DH and I don't work the next 2 days. Come to Fernie ya'll!!
  9. cleopatra

Spring is here?

Nicely done! I won 2 Whistler tickets for this season, unfortunately they haven't arrived yet!! it is such a far drive there too, not sure I can justify heading there for only 2 tickets, although, if that is where the snow is?!
  10. cleopatra

Spring is here?

Not good here in the Kootenays either. I even gave up free cat skiing yesterday because it poured rain all night, most of the way up the mountain. If I had my way I would be ditching work and heading to Kicking Horse, Golden, they seem to be staying below zero and it is snowing lots. It is...
  11. cleopatra

Skiing in the rain: yay or nay?

Not a fan of rain, here the avi risk goes through the roof when it rains and a lot of the hill shuts down until it stabilizes. The snow that falls when it rains is usually elephant snot. I gave up (free) cat skiing yesterday because of weather like this. I have a season's pass and a hill 10 mins...
  12. cleopatra

One side weaker than the other - uh oh

this has me so confused now. I have a similar issue, (as we all do) I turn much easier to the left than to the right. I have been told it is because I am not weighting on my left (weaker) leg enough, or my downhill ski, when I initiate my turn to the right. I was essentially trying to turn both...
  13. cleopatra

Still having meltdowns?

I can relate to what the girl in the video is going through. I can just imagine the self talk. Come on, you wanted to do this, it is safe, you will regret not doing it, why are you being so wussy. IF, and that is a big if, I had gotten as far as she did being roped in ready to go, I would have...
  14. cleopatra

Still having meltdowns?

that video made me quake with fear, I would never have even strapped in. I knew he was going to push her. What a jerk. My husband is very supportive, when I say no, he never pushes more than he should. (perhaps I have trained him well? )
  15. cleopatra

"Your Cataclysmic Nightmare Is My Powdery Paradise"

I posted on FB 'champagne Tuesday anyone?' at about 8 in the am, only about a 1/3 of my friends didn't think I was becoming a raging alcoholic.
  16. cleopatra

My husband can't be right!! can he??

crud and chopped up pow are the reason I get to the hill at 9 and leave by noon ;)
  17. cleopatra

here...goes...something!

Never been heli, but I think it is different. You don't get the high alpine runs. You stay in an area that is part of a company's territory. It is like being in a private ski resort. Pretty sweet!
  18. cleopatra

here...goes...something!

Yes, these are good description. Puts me solidly in a 7-8 range. good to know, I will no longer tick off the intermediate box when asked. :)
  19. cleopatra

Interesting way to "train" for skiing

It's all about CORE!! I did not do hula, but with mountain biking and doing a lot of core I noticed a huge difference in my skiing ability. So much easier to get forward in proper ski position, I can feel my core engaged and staying engaged, and then I ski properly. Good job on finding an...
  20. cleopatra

I'll take it!

I think with an extra 15 mil you would find me with a place at Yellowstone. Private ski hill? Yes please!