• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Liquid Yellow

Prada skis (and gear)

Four grand for a pair of skis!? I thought Bogner was overpriced designer tat but wow.
  2. Liquid Yellow

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Several countries in Europe are now on lockdown, loads of big events in the UK are being cancelled. It's an unprecented, scary situation. Donald T has banned travel from all of Europe (including UK) to the US, flights are being cancelled all over the place. The travel industry is being brought...
  3. Liquid Yellow

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

My holiday to Val d'Isere next Sat is cancelled. Gutted. Sad for all the resorts in the Alps and I feel sorry for all the guests who arrived yesterday who have to go straight back home.
  4. Liquid Yellow

Ski Lifts We Hate

T-bars. I hate them. There is one at St Anton (Austria) which is so steep it is petrifying; if you fell off you'd be in all sorts of trouble in very steep terrain. I hung on like grim death and was shaking when I got to the top. Not fond of Poma lifts, especially the really long ones with steep...
  5. Liquid Yellow

Bra Trees

Can't see any resorts in Europe allowing that to happen for environmental reasons as well as the fact it looks awful, it's just littering. What a weird/stupid thing to do.
  6. Liquid Yellow

How steep is steep?

Yeah I think I'd die of fright on that :eek:
  7. Liquid Yellow

Question: The unicorn of skiing - a goggle for flat light. Does it exist?

Same here. They're great. I can't use yellow lenses as I find the snow dazzles me, even in flat/low light and I feel dizzy.
  8. Liquid Yellow

Ski Nightmares (literally)

I've had ones where the snow is melting so rapidly I end up skiing on grass!
  9. Liquid Yellow

Woo hoo! Cool new look!

WHOA!!!!! What happened here? It's like leaving your house, then coming home to find someone's redecorated and moved all the furniture. Nice work :thumbsup::banana::thumb:
  10. Liquid Yellow

Boot dryer recommendations?

I've still got the same ones, and they still work.They're brilliant, I wouldn't be without them now. Toasty feet all day.
  11. Liquid Yellow

Robotic Exoskeleton for Skiing

Ski Mojo already does a similar thing for a lot less than two grand..
  12. Liquid Yellow

Winter'17-'18: Where it was good, and where it was not.

Amazing in the French Alps this season, in fact record-breaking in some resorts like Val d'Isere and Tignes. Val has had more than 8 metres (the most ever recorded in a season) and Tignes has had even more, it has just snowed and snowed this season. The huge snowfalls in January were insane...
  13. Liquid Yellow

Helmets?

I bought mine after Natasha Richardson died in 2009, I can't believe I skied for so many years (20!) without wearing one. I'm now on my second one and find them so much warmer and more comfortable than woolly hats.
  14. Liquid Yellow

Volkl Flair 78

Thanks ladies!
  15. Liquid Yellow

Volkl Flair 78

They would have to be a one ski quiver for me as I always have to fly to go skiing. They sound good though, easy on the knees is definitely what I want which is why I won't get anything wider than 80. If you're 5'4" and find the 163s OK, then that's probably the length I need as I'm 5'7".
  16. Liquid Yellow

Volkl Flair 78

Ooo thank you, that's just what I wanted to hear - and it's good you were able to compare them to the Temptation 80s as well. I'm also the same height as you but a lot heavier, and I'm a piste skier too. What length Volkls did you demo?
  17. Liquid Yellow

Volkl Flair 78

Most of them really...
  18. Liquid Yellow

Plus size momma looking for ski pants!

I'm taller but a US size 12-14, and I wear men's Oakley snowboard pants as they have loads of room in. I think snowboard pants generally are baggier and more comfortable. Do you have Trespass in the States? My mate has got Trespass ski pants which she loves because the material is a bit like...
  19. Liquid Yellow

Volkl Flair 78

Has anyone demoed these? I think I'm going to change my skis next season. I do love my Temptation 80s, they are so easy to ski and a very good fit for me. However I've always had a small voice in the back of my head saying I need something really super-grippy on boilerplate. I'm pretty heavy...
  20. Liquid Yellow

Favorite straight-from-the-mountain après ski clothing?

I party Brit style when skiing. Stay in ski gear partying, dancing on tables and singing to whatever live band is on followed by the DJ until 7pm - then race back for shower. Shove jeans and t-shirt/top on, dry hair and put make-up on as best as I can - then dinner at 8 and back into the bar for...