• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. S

How to become one of those graceful but athletic skiers cruising down steeper runs?

Great advice by all! I am not an expert by any means! However, this year, I switched some bindings on a pair of my daughter's old race skis (SL) that she was not using any more. I haven't had this much fun on steep groomers in years! I think I am going to take in her old GS skis so I have a...
  2. S

Rossignol Soul 7's....Thoughts?

Thank you everyone! All great advice and appreciated. I ended up purchasing the Soul 7's (2018). I LOVE them. I don't know how they will be in true powder yet. However, I have skied torn up fresh snow and groomers. Love them on soft snow. Hoping to ski in deeper snow at some point this...
  3. S

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

Josh is terrific! His last name is Mortenson (sp?). There is also a another man who does a great job at Diamond Peak as well. However, I cannot think of his name. If you are a racer and getting boots fit at Diamond Peak...be sure to use Josh. If not, either of them are great! My racing...
  4. S

Tips for getting TO the slopes with small kids

I had a friend who did this....worked GREAT with his boys!
  5. S

Tips for getting TO the slopes with small kids

This might be premature...but, when my kids were 12, 12, and 8 and skied 6 days a week (racers), we used to sing a song as we left the house. They packed their gear. So, on the way out of the neighborhood we sang, "Helmets, goggles, skis and poles. Helmets, goggles, skis and poles. Skis and...
  6. S

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

Oh my gosh yes (the fear of other people on the mountain)....I joke that I have an irrational fear of people without poles! (Basically park skiers skiing backwards down a crowded slope or snowboarders flying across the run or anyone blindly flying out of the trees.)
  7. S

I did hear there were some significant differences. The 2018s seem to have more shape and have wider tips. A good (male) friend suggested I look into them when I was asking his wife about skis. She is a former ski instructor, but said she hadn't demoed anything recently. He, produces a ton...
  8. S

Thank you so much for all of the replies. I am going to see if there is anywhere I can demo them. (My local ski shop does not carry them...but, one about 1/2 hour away does. Not sure if they Demo.) I really appreciated your descriptions as well as your opinions. I mostly ski at Snowbasin...
  9. S

I have an old set of carving skis that are basically worn out. I also have a set of Volkl Kikus which I have never loved. (I think 2012 or 2013). My thought is, I will take one of my daughter's old sets of SL as a carving ski. And, purchase an all mountain ski. I am thinking Rossignol...
  10. S

My New Tuning Workbench!

Hi SallyCat, I wax at least 8-10 sets of skis per week in the winter. I enjoy it also. (My daughter is a racer and typically skis 6 days per week and hers get done every time they hit snow. Although dh and the other kids all know how to wax their own skis, I usually do a few other skis each...
  11. S

What age did your LO start skiing?

We started skiing weekly as a family when my twins were 6 and my youngest was 2. Our goal at the time was family vacations out west...we were living in Michigan at the time. I remember the tantrums pulling them OFF the hill. Now...we are living in UT. The twins spend their weekends hiking...
  12. S

Video Camera

Thanks everyone! You asked for additional information. Not sure how much I need to spend. I was thinking around $200-$300. Use....Probably mostly skiing, possibly choir concerts, or messing around with their friends. My kids are 9, 13, & 13. Since the kids are getting older, my guess is I...
  13. S

Video Camera

My son broke my video camera last February . Sooo....after missing out on taking video of the kids skiing for a chunk of last year, I need to brake down and buy another video camera. I want something that is better than just using a camera or a phone; however, I do not want to spend a lot...
  14. S

How to start a nearly 3 yo?

Moonrocket-- You will have so much fun with you daughter! My dd was 2 1/2 when she started to ski (March BD). The same year, my twins, age 6 were learning also. The learning curve is obviously longer with a 2-3 year old; but, so worth it in the long run. My advice has nothing to do with...
  15. S

How do you let people know you're a skier in the summer?

What? You mean we aren't supposed to still be talking about skiing in the summer? Honestly...everyone we know has heard we ski like crazy. It is what we do.
  16. S

Jr Powder ski recommendations?

Thanks Pinto! Both great suggestions!
  17. S

Becoming a ski instructor

I noticed many of you are ski instructors. My family suggested I become a one part time instructor that the kids are getting older? What training is involved? How do you get certified? I wouldn't do it this season....maybe next. Thoughts?
  18. S

It's season ski pass season

litterbug, I don't know where you are in UT. Snowbasin has a great season pass deal this year, might not be worth the drive if you are in SL. I think an unrestricted pass for an adult was under $700. We just purchased our first UT season passes...Snowbasin :-) Will probably get them for Wolf...
  19. S

Thanks Pinto. My twins do not like skiing on the same ski...they are boy/girl twins. Would the Volkl be better for my daughter who has 2 other sets of skis (race skis)? By the description...I am thinking it is definitely more of a powder ski? Looks like a very good ski. Any second suggestion...
  20. S

Hi Ski Divas! My twins would like powder skis for their birthday in late September. They are turning 13 and only weigh around 75 -80 pounds. Suggestions? Last year they had 100+ days on the mountain. My son free skis only. My daughter will also spend a large portion of her time on her...