• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. R

Related word game

pretty
  2. R

My Skiing Got A Lift Yesterday

Thanks all. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. I had no idea what an ordeal buying boots (not performance fit by any means) could be.
  3. R

Related word game

moneypit
  4. R

Two cases of irresponsible behavior

Sometimes kids seem to do it to themselves. A friend of mine is a teacher and she was on a ski trip with some of her kids. She is not a ski instructor and from what I understand, the kids all did a lesson with instructors and the teachers got to ski a little until they pick the kids up from...
  5. R

My Skiing Got A Lift Yesterday

Settle in for a bit of a saga ladies... I am in my third season of skiing. At the end of last season I was pretty happy with where I was at - comfortable on greens and starting to tackle blues - and my instructor was pleased with my stance (weight distribution), parallel turns and pole...
  6. R

Changes At Theskidiva.com

Ditto, ditto. Really like the "Like" feature. So many times I've read something I wanted to applaud.
  7. R

This is STUPID

So sorry you had a crappy lesson. I'm thankful I've never had an instructor as hopeless as the one you had. So far I've had better luck with female instructors (ski and board instructors) on my home hill but based on observations of the male instructors and my experiences with the female ones...
  8. R

Related word game

shepherd
  9. R

Related word game

hippy
  10. R

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

Really bummed about the whole boot thing. Ankle still a bit sore but had a boot refit and they feel a million percent better in store than they did, although I haven't tested them "in anger" yet. Plan to go night skiing sometime this week. Looking forward to getting back up to Whistler later...
  11. R

Related word game

summer
  12. R

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

I'm so glad it's not just me. I was up on the local hill last Friday (warm and wet, a two pairs of pants day) and only managed about three hours before my boots broke me (that dodgy sprained ankle I did in September came back to haunt me, in spite of the physio and rehab :mad2:). I went back up...
  13. R

Good things about the crappy season*

We got a bathroom redecorated between Christmas and New Year - the first interior decoration to be completed since we moved into the house in May :redface:
  14. R

Ski Ballet & Ted Ligety, James Heim & Aksel Lund Svindal!!!!

I suddenly feel a whole lot better :laugh:
  15. R

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

There is a bus/coach service between the airport and Whistler but I've never used it so can't help with the frequency. If you are stopping in Vancouver, the Canada Line will get you in to downtown and the coach service as well as Greyhound will get you from downtown Vancouver up to Whistler.
  16. R

Blisters. Any particular treatments for fast healing?

I've used Compeed blister plasters with a lot of success on small blisters and on static areas. They are not so good if you rub across a large area that causes the edges of the plasters to wrinkle up.
  17. R

Related word game

water
  18. R

E-readers?

I became something of a convert to (my OH's!) e-gizmos after spending so much time waiting for ferries on my commute. We (!) found that Angry Birds was not doing my serenity much good, especially when the machine died and I lost all my billions of levels, (admittedly some achieved by pure luck)...
  19. R

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

Aaaah, I knew it was a "risky" post. Absolutely not commenting your ability to drive without winter tires, given where you live and play. :) Just pointing out the potential for being ticketed. After the chaos that tends to ensue on the road when Vancouver gets covered by a 1 mm smear of snow on...
  20. R

Related word game

O(h)