• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. MissySki

Help with AT boot fit!

Fingers crossed that it might help!! Let us know how it goes, hope you can keep happier feet than usual on your trek. Blisters are the worst! I forgot to mention, but I believe I also brushed on some liquid bandage as a first step as well.. but I can't really say if that did anything overall...
  2. MissySki

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

You could do a ski week at Taos, they are FABULOUS!! Taos (and Jackson Hole for the above) are on the Base Plus or Full Ikon.. just to check that you don't have just the base pass Ikon which doesn't include these locations.
  3. MissySki

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Yeah, I love this time. Yesterday felt like we had the mountain to ourselves.. especially with some lifts already closed for the season it was somewhat eerie at times away from the bases. But in a good way. :smile:
  4. MissySki

Help with AT boot fit!

I used Leukotape on my heels, then put on knee high nylons, and then my regular ski socks. Seems that the slippery nylons make it so the heels don’t get rubbed/friction and bye bye blisters. I had a major issue with blisters before and was desperate to find a solution when I was doing my AIARE 1...
  5. MissySki

Ahh aren't you tempted to get to 100, you are so close and still places open?? This weekend's skiing was FABULOUS, and so many people have thrown in the towel that even weekends are like weekdays now without crowding or lift lines. At least this is how it's been at Sunday River.
  6. MissySki

I’m still hoping for May 11th at Killington! Hoping some other Divas might be there as well, and of course that the weather works out.
  7. MissySki

Today was day 57.. great long weekend at Sunday River! Lots of soft snow and bumps, pond skimming, passholder lunch, etc.. fun springtime events. Two more weekends left for skiing there, so I should hit into the low 60s and maybe another day or two at Killington in May if the weather...
  8. MissySki

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

I don’t know.. Honestly I mostly skied the Blaze 86 this season, I think I skied the Sheevas like 6 days out of 55 so far.. something weird like that. My current pair of Sheevas are pretty worn out at this point since I skied them so much for years before now. I have an extra pair stashed...
  9. MissySki

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

I had the best find today! Sunday River is doing their end of season 50% off sale at the shop.. guess who got the last demo Squire binding for $130 including tax? :becky: I just wish they’d had more than one left as I would have grabbed another one at least. But I’m happy to have this one...
  10. MissySki

Useful Life - Skis

I have to agree, the top sheets are awful! My Blaze 86 is just a grayish black boring as anything look. But I don’t at all like the current look and much prefer the one color if I had to choose. Are there any previous year’s version for sale that you like more to stash away?
  11. MissySki

Mixed level group lessons- yea or nay?

To me it’s not the drills being done so much as the pace that I have found as a disconnect before. Plenty of drills are applicable to varying levels and that is fine, I just have been in groups where one or two of us is way down and waiting a long time for others to get down. I have also...
  12. MissySki

Mixed level group lessons- yea or nay?

I’d prefer not to have majorly mixed levels for a lesson personally. I don’t like being the one holding up a group and I don’t like being in a group that is too slow for me either. Sometimes it’s fine, like if we are on groomers probably not a big deal depending what we are working on. But if...
  13. MissySki

Wanted: Western Bump & Crud/Chop Ski

They are fun on spring snow and bumps too, had them out last weekend in it. :)
  14. MissySki

Many people in the East ski on a 90something ski as their daily driver. It can make a great one ski quiver size. I’d also say the Blaze 86 could be added to a demo list if she did want to go narrower. I have used them all over the East and West, bumps, trees, up to a foot or so of powder...
  15. MissySki

Starting skiing later in life

I just dislike an audience, in all things haha. It stems likely from my fear of public speaking and general stage fright. It’s gotten better for skiing though as I just don’t care that much anymore. Something about the anonymity that skiing can allow I think.
  16. MissySki

2025 Blizzard Black Pearl 94 would be a great one to try.
  17. MissySki

Starting skiing later in life

Ya know.. I used to avoid runs under the chair like the plague. Then I realized at Sunday River that the most beginner bumps can be found under chairlifts there, so I sucked it up and would practice there when I was starting to really work on them a handful of years ago. No one ever has said...
  18. MissySki

Celestial Magic 4/8/24

Yeah, that it was! Took forever to get off of the access road and even just onto the access road from lot C.. but after that it was fine all the way to MA. It was a LONG day though, by the time we got home we’d been awake just about 24 hours. Got to sleep around 5 hours, but that wasn’t...
  19. MissySki

Celestial Magic 4/8/24

Indeed!
  20. MissySki

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

That seems so shocking! I saw different people who were going to be flying for eclipse photography on television.. they spoke about how the planes have to fly really high for it etc. Kind of mind blowing that Southwest would plan this whole event and then not give you all the views of a...