• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. B

What do you wear for spring skiing?

Waterproof and windproof shell (zero insulation) with light base layer plus light to heavier top depending upon solar radiance and wind. Pants are shells as well with light base layer. Pit zips and thigh vents are a must. This is my standard NM outfit down into the high-twenties (degrees F or...
  2. B

Do ski apps encourage unsafe behavior?

Greed, addictions, ambition, etc.; people make decisions. Bad decisions have consequences. A skier's responsibility is to follow the code and not endanger others. There are no excuses.
  3. B

2014 Boots Reviews?

Totally agree. Fit is primary. Ill fitting boots cause pain and bad skiing (not necessarily in that order). Next is getting the right flex. I have never had too stiff, but too soft will cause you to work super hard without giving you much in return. Finally fashion is a criteria although I...
  4. B

Poll: Your Shoe Size vs. Your Ski Boot Size

Forgot to add flex: 120
  5. B

Poll: Your Shoe Size vs. Your Ski Boot Size

Shoes: 10 - 10.5 Ski boots: 26.0 - 26.5 BSL: 305 mm Skiing ability: Marginal advanced
  6. B

Crazy Day in Santa Fe

Oh my yes. I will be in the jacuzzi tub again tonight. Nothing like 3 ibuprofin and lots of bubbles!
  7. B

The "little ski revelations" thread

Last ski season (reinforced this season as well) I finally realized an important consequence (there are others as well) of engaging the front of the boots and keeping a bit of weight forward even on a steeper pitch. It really lets you engage and effectively use the edges forward of your...
  8. B

Crazy Day in Santa Fe

It was race day in Santa Fe for our recreational group on Saturday. I race in the afternoon so the morning is warm-up and free ski time. Wandered up to the top to do a nice blue. Best to do this one early as wind in the afternoon makes it much less fun. Cranking out a run at speed to get...
  9. B

Leki Trigger S Poles

Welcome to the revolution. I have been using Leki Trigger S for a few years now. They are awesome.
  10. B

I'm still shaken up. Be careful out there.

I got a helmet back in 2007 when I started racing. I don't go all that fast, but figured it would be stupid to kill myself blundering through the gates and hitting my head on something. What I found was that helmets are WARM! Won't ever ski without one again.
  11. B

Who Has the Oldest/Longest-Record Daily Drivers?

I still ski on some Rossi Lady Bandits that I got back in 1999 (I think - that makes them 15 year's old). They are my early season, thin cover skis.
  12. B

When your partner is at a different level...

So many good suggestions as always. Another way to ski with your DH while having fun and making progress is to trade off who goes down the slope first. Lead the way to provide an example for him to learn from. Other times you can hang back and zip down the green slope working on technique...
  13. B

At Last: Tech Clothing in "Real" Sizes...

Funny thing about Descente. Their small sizes extend to men's as well. I just got a 1/4 zip top in silver (really grayish white) and black in a men's XL! Usually an L is more than enough with the sleeves impossibly long. The Descente men's XL fit great. Even the sleeves weren't too bad...
  14. B

Question: How do people get over the fear of going fast?

That is basically my approach as well. I start hopping and skidding back and forth until I can find a little grip somewhere (I would like to say I had a light touch as mentioned by Pequenita, but there is nothing and I mean nothing light about anything I do :eek:). I get flat on the actual...
  15. B

Help Needed: Cheater skis and Nastar

I need to stretch my length and go to a more challenging ski. I thought getting something race like would present enough challenge, but I have progressed quicker than expected last year and this. If I do the same next year I may be chattering all the way down the course. However, my DH would...
  16. B

Question: Pitch on Typical NASTAR Course

Interesting. That sounds a bit closer to what our corporate cup races are like. The NASTAR course at Taos is extremely flat. We race there on a solid Taos blue. Both Red River (solid blue) and Santa Fe (blue/black) are good courses as well. Angel Fire course is weak (blue/green at best)...
  17. B

Correction! I got the SC variant. Could not find the RC variant at a good price/size so I settled for the SC.
  18. B

I use Fischer RC4 Superrace RC skies @ 165 cm for my racing. We do GS style courses with a pitch typical of blue or blue/black runs (the Superrace comes in an SC version with shorter radii for more slalom like courses). The Superrace is more forgiving than I expected. I could have gone to 170...
  19. B

Question: How do people get over the fear of going fast?

Valid reasoning as well that is especially true near the end of the day when the legs no longer have much punch. I tend to be a little more cautious as my legs get tired.
  20. B

Golf Divas?

I am an avid golfer. I have been playing for over 25 years. I pretty much ski when it is too cold to play golf. Played 18 yesterday before the SB started. Shot a ridiculous 49 on the front, but recovered nicely on the back with a 38 (finished bogey, double though :mad2:). ABQ is great in...