• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. zoomchick

I am a Line Pandora convert

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tricie/5493503490/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/tricie/5492925543/in/photostream/ I usually don't like same color pants/jacket but my am pants were snowed out so I had to have a wardrobe change
  2. zoomchick

I am a Line Pandora convert

Last week I ordered a pair of Pandoras, un-demoed and crossed my fingers that they would work out. Holy smokes, they are awesome. I tried them yesterday (at Mammoth, for my last couple runs) on the groomers and was surprised at how stable they were at speed. I didn't let them go as I had no...
  3. zoomchick

What to demo for expert but petite skier

Up until yesterday, I was only on my K2 LottaLuvs. They are amazing in just about everything. In fresh powder, I am now a Line Pandora gal.
  4. zoomchick

Anyone have issues with K2 Lotta Luvs?

Joyce I have the '10 Lotta Luvs in 156 and I'm 5'3 115lb. It seems you are on the correct length... How are your boots. You will read here that on these skis, you really must crank the boots tight to get the skis to respond how you want. I love them in the trees-they turn on a dime but I am...
  5. zoomchick

Question: Rossignol S 110W (or S7) vs. Line Pandora for tele

I was torn b/w those skis too and went with the Pandoras. After all the research, it seemed they were the more powder specific ski. I didn't want another all-mountain as I love my K2 Lotta Luvs. I never thought I'd want to deal with more than one pair but after my quad-burning 3 days in fresh...
  6. zoomchick

I'm a Pants Slut!

I've wanted turquoise/teal pants too. And....just got them. Marker Carina Gore-tex in teal $180 from Sierra Trading Post. I was tempted to buy the girls Spyder Banff pants in seafoam but changed my mind. So I add the Markers to my: -Marmot overalls (black) -North Face ski pants (red)...
  7. zoomchick

I need a powder specific ski

So excited-I found a pair of 2010 Pandoras on departmentofgoods.com for $390!!! I also went form the Marker Griffons which were $203. :yahoo: Mammoth is supposed to get more snow next week so I hope they get here soon!
  8. zoomchick

2009 Line Pandora 162

Skibum4ever, There is a used '09 ski with bindings set still for sale on the Mammoth forum for $450 obo. I just bought the 2010s for $390 new on departmentofgoods.com. I definitely wanted the early rise and the '10s are a bit fatter.
  9. zoomchick

Valli, thanks for that confirmation. The Pandoras were at the top of the list and I think I'm going to go for it. Oh and I had meant to write "Atomic skis look like fun" not "Atomic skier".
  10. zoomchick

The Atomic skier loks like fun. I looked at it but thought it too close to the Lotta Luvs. I want a tip in the high 130s- low 140s. Have fun in Mammoth. It was killer last week. Epic was the term used alot. I wonder if the s110s in a 167 will be too short. I saw the K2 Coomba for...
  11. zoomchick

I am on 156 K2 Lotta Luvs ( 5'3" 115lbs) and I loove them in everything....but deep pow. I was at Mammoth this week and with 5-7 fresh, the LLs were a lotta work in the powder. I am an agressive, advanced skier and need powder skis that will float me in quick turns and at speed. Again, I am...
  12. zoomchick

Patagonia Sale

T-I like the storm on all fronts except that the sleeves are about 2-3 inches too long. I don't have unusually short arms so it's surprising. Luckily, I can cinch them pretty tight to that my gloves slip over them easily. Lots of pockets and lightweight. Haven't tested out the h2no yet.
  13. zoomchick

Lake Placid/Whiteface, 1/10-1/13

Your post reminded me of the time I spent there. I used to live in NYC and my DH and I were a camera crew for CBS news. They did a few stories up there with Olympic figure skaters and one with Picabo Street. I loved the inn and the mountain was a hoot. It was bitter cold on the slopes but...
  14. zoomchick

Feedback on the K2 Misbehaveds please : )

I demoed last years model and found them alot of fun in the powder at a longer length. Is the hardpack, they didn't hold their edges well enough for me. They are pretty popular so you should be able to demo them pretty much anywhere. FYI, I ended up buying the LottaLuvs and love them.
  15. zoomchick

I cannot stop watching this and laughing!

He had surprisingly good balance! So funny.
  16. zoomchick

Occasional skier, trying to purchase skis

If you are not desperate for skis this season, I would hold off and demo before you decide. Why spend $280 on skis you might like? You also may be able to buy the demo skis you really like.
  17. zoomchick

Question: The Perfect Skiing Breakfast?!?

My favorite ski breakfast is the sticky rice you get from Chinese DimSum places. I try to order extra to freeze and take to the mountain. They are the perfect bundle of savory rice and sausage. Otherwise, coffee and either oatmeal or toast with cheese and salami.
  18. zoomchick

Looking ahead to next year...a ski trip for my anniversary

I am a passholder at Mammoth and I have to say, it is a great mountain. Since it was bought a few years ago, a ton of restaurants and bars have opened up and you don't need to rent a car. The shuttle system is great and the mountain itself offers free shuttles to guests. We fly right into...
  19. zoomchick

Best protein bar?

I like Cliff Mojo bars. High fat but good, nutty fat.
  20. zoomchick

What does a Diva drive?

Around town: 2009 Prius Longer trips: 2003 BMW 530 Work truck which sits around until we need 4wd or lugging stuff: 1998 Ford Expedition