• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. bounceswoosh

My review of the Armada Stranger

It looks so flat in the pictures! It felt so much deeper and more variable.
  2. bounceswoosh

Minor factual correction: The run I was talking about was "Golden Spike," not Gold King. I'm sure everyone was quite upset about this error ;-)
  3. bounceswoosh

Hooded Scarfs a/k/a Helmet Hoods

On closer inspection, I don't think I'd be able to wear it. The hood, maybe, but not the cowl part. I can't stand having anything around my face when I'm skiing. I pull up my mask and tuck my face into my jacket on the lift ride, but then I feel like I can't breathe when I'm skiing without my...
  4. bounceswoosh

What's it called? How does one find it?
  5. bounceswoosh

It looks like something an Ewok would wear, only plushie! Hm. At first I thought it just looked like a hoodie with an oversized hood, but on closer inspection, it does look more like a cowl.
  6. bounceswoosh

My review of the Armada Stranger: :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: (Only because I couldn't find a heart emoji) Yesterday I went to Winter Park with @Kimmyt to take these skis for a whirl. It had snowed the day before, but I had no expectations beyond...
  7. bounceswoosh

DIVA DOGS!

It's probably like everything else. If you're patient enough, you can train them to do all kinds of things. I do not have the patience to stand around waiting for them to figure it out, or walk them through the steps infinity times.
  8. bounceswoosh

DIVA DOGS!

And of course he did not. I don't think he ever has. Not once.
  9. bounceswoosh

DIVA DOGS!

I just had to get a picture of Loki after he managed to wrap his leash around both front legs. The color photo was terribly washed out, but this actually turned out pretty well.
  10. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Pretty sure I've even seen that advice in videos - movement makes it easier. Also after the struggle of climbing aboard, I need a moment! Just like after a fall in powder, it's good to get your head straight. That's my thought process.
  11. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

The reservoirs have a very gradual shore. I'm able to stand in water where it's deep enough to protect the fins, but shallow enough that it's easy to get one knee up, then the other. I was more questioning the standing part - I don't know why I would immediately stand rather than taking some...
  12. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Why? It's easy to get up on my feet once I'm kneeling on the board (in calm water). Is there benefit to doing it all at once? I have been wearing quick dry jogging shorts with a barely-there pull on bra and a long sleeve sunblock shirt. I also hate sunscreen, so I've been wearing a safari...
  13. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Last night, the first video I found on Google said exactly that - that your legs need to be out behind you, floating in the water, rather than below you. I'm 100% sure my legs were below me and I was trying to just hoist myself onto the board like I was pulling myself up out of a swimming pool...
  14. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

I paddled solo at Union Res on Saturday. I was out there, messing around with slight balance challenges faaaaaar away from any other people, when it occurred to me that I really had no idea how much work it might be to get back on the board. So I paddled up to a likely seeming crew - two adults...
  15. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Seems like literally every waterproof item on Amazon has at least one "My stuff got wet and totally ruined!" comment. User error or manufacturing defect? Hard to say. Just like every other product, at least one person has had a horrible experience. Anyway, thank you for all the ideas and @Jilly...
  16. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Thanks, guys! I have now realized that what I meant by "I couldn't find anything to hold my keys" was "I can't find anything to hold my keys that is significantly cheaper than what I paid for my PFD," LOL. Double Ziploc bags will work until I SUP enough that a $40 key pouch starts to make sense.
  17. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Oh! Question. What do you do with your car keys? My car only has powered keys, and I don't want to even think about what happens if they get wet ... or sink to the bottom of a lake. The first time, I double bagged them in ziploc bags and put them in a dry bag at the front of my board. This time...
  18. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Venture #2 - solo at a tiny reservoir near my house. It takes me more time to inflate the board than it does to drive there. Out east, we'd call it a pond, not a reservoir. The water wasn't exactly clear - despite the heat, I wasn't remotely tempted to "accidentally" fall in. But I was the only...
  19. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Shark attacks are wayyy over hyped. A few years ago when they said it was the year of the shark? Fewer attacks that year than usual. In searching for evidence of my claim (I didn't actually research it myself), I found this, which is interesting. Look how small the numbers are! And it's not...
  20. bounceswoosh

Stand Up Paddle Board

Thanks all for the welcome! I'm not much of a participant / consumer of social media and forums these days, but someone told me about this thread, and I needed an outlet to talk about my new toy! In case you still need a translation, though: Pain In The @$$ No cup holder on mine (That is a...