• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Mom of Redheads

When to stop renting for children?

We bought skis for our oldest and after skiing on them for 3 years, they will be used by his brother. I doubt DD will use them when its her turn as I'm sure she'd prefer something girly. We bought our oldest new skis last year since he'd grown so much (ah, puberty, how fun). Actually we...
  2. Mom of Redheads

Alberta 15/16

I'm drooling. :yahoo:
  3. Mom of Redheads

Do you go skiing even if you know it's going to be crappy?

Having to plan ahead for skiing generally means we would ski even in bad conditions. If we haul kids out of bed, load the car and drive two hours... We may only do 6-7 runs broken up by hot chocolate and snacks, but we wouldn't turn around and drive home! I'll admit a couple of times we've left...
  4. Mom of Redheads

Daycare at Sugarbush?

Whew! I feel validated LOL... Seriously, I would have felt like an idiot if your friend had a terrible experience. But it's hard to believe the service would have changed drastically for the worse at a quality resort... So I'm not remotely surprised she had such good things to say.l I agree...
  5. Mom of Redheads

The East Coast Whine Thread

That IS quite the deal... And it's more or less the week we were looking at, although we weren't planning on as long a trip what with pulling kids out of school. But it's my 50th in March so worth discussing for sure! Thanks for the heads up... Are you familiar with this? Www.skibig3.com...
  6. Mom of Redheads

The 10 Most Expensive Lift Tickets in the US

Oh! I forgot the most expensive resort I found... Right here in New Jersey. Go figure. Mountain Creek ... $69/167 skiable acres = 41 cents an acre! :rotf::laughter::doh::eek:
  7. Mom of Redheads

The 10 Most Expensive Lift Tickets in the US

I think it all depends on how you look at it. Yes, some of those full price single day tickets are high... In some cases almost twice as much as a typical New England lift ticket ($85-100). BUT you get larger mountains and let's not even consider snow conditions... Just because I'm, well, the...
  8. Mom of Redheads

I'm a Pants Slut!

Love love the flowered pants, ski diva... I'm purring a la Austin Powers in my mind...:love::love: Yeah, baby I can't believe they were still in a ski shop in January... Wonder if that's because the snow has sucked or because you're tiny enough to wear a small size? However it happened, you got...
  9. Mom of Redheads

Calling All North Face Ski Pant Wearers

I'm 4'11 and got the short based on diva advice a few years ago. Walking from the car I tend to turn the bottom up about a hem length. I can turn it back down once I'm in boots and on skis. I keep it up when I'm off skis more because I don't want to drag the hem in back and shred it. I'm about...
  10. Mom of Redheads

The East Coast Whine Thread

I NEED HELP! I need to redeem a thus far non-existent ski season. Seriously. We never got around to renting equipment for the season, and with the horrendous weather, I had no motivation. We haven't been skiing once.:eek: Anyway, we still plan on taking a trip, and from what I can tell most...
  11. Mom of Redheads

Driving >250 miles for a family ski vacation, is it worth the effort?

I actually had to mapquest to see how far we generally drive on our "big" ski vacation. We've gone as far as 400+ miles to Tremblant, 300+ to Smuggler's Notch and Bretton Woods, and probably the shortest distance was to Okemo last year which is 215 miles. So, yes, with a family of 5, we drive...
  12. Mom of Redheads

Daycare at Sugarbush?

It's probably too late to tell you anything useful here, but I used the infant and/or toddler rooms at Sugarbush for all 3 of my kids. In fact, the daycare was one of the things that kept us going back. It was at least 9 years ago that we last went, so take this with a grain of salt. Also...
  13. Mom of Redheads

So, how's your season going?

...You all inspired me to check next year's school calendar just to see when the April break will be thinking just maybe we could wait rather than taking kids out of school... Sadly, April break doesn't happen until April 18th next year! I think that's just about the latest it's been since we...
  14. Mom of Redheads

Hmmm. I'm sure you're remembering 5 years ago, or whatever it was, but DS1 is actually in high school! :faint:In this year's 3rd marking period (which pretty much covers the timeframe we're talking about), DS1 actually had 3 grades in the 60-75 range mid stream. :eek: He just... I don't know...
  15. Mom of Redheads

I have to say the Tribe had a very uneven season this year. I had high hopes after the early season snow - we all had gear that fit, including new base layers for our growing kids; we bought new skis (lightweight men's, ha) for our oldest DS, and I even convinced Dad of Redheads to take a ski...
  16. Mom of Redheads

2015 Eastern Ski Adventure

We were at Okemo last Thursday - Sunday. There was still plenty open, but I agree with Ski Diva, it was best early before it warmed up. And on Sunday, when it was warmer than the other days, it was heavy by 10 am, LOL... They also told me that Sunday was the last day for the Jackson Gore peak...
  17. Mom of Redheads

If Ski Areas Had Honest Slogans

Thanks for making me pee my pants laughing so hard. Obviously the Mountain Creek and Hunter slogans struck a chord for us, LOL...
  18. Mom of Redheads

Best on hill meal

Bear claws, beaver tails... whatever. Lots of maple sugar and/or syrup, gooey, warm, melty and a g** awful mess to clean up! :wink: But the kids loved them. Every year The Tribe asks to go back to Tremblant just for the culinary delights. :rotf:
  19. Mom of Redheads

East Coast skiing Christmas week

@Stowsk A quick phone call will tell you if there's still accommodations anywhere near where you want to ski. There wasn't much left at BW, but we choose not to drive in the mornings if we can help it... so we didn't look further afield where there might have been plenty of choice and/or...
  20. Mom of Redheads

Best on hill meal

I can't remember the name of the place, but at Whistler (Backcomb base I think) there was a coffee place that made the best lattes I have had on any mountain. They even did "foam art", LOL. My kids are dying to go back to Tremblant just for the food. They liked the poutine and the bear claws...