• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Sheena

Another Sad Story - Today's WAPO

I have a sub to the WP. This link may work. Incredibly tragic and very hard to read. https://wapo.st/3UpvORo
  2. Sheena

Utah LCC/BCC April 2024 conditions - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

Ha I think General Conference weekend keeps a lot of crowds away.
  3. Sheena

how do you carry your skis?

I don't know if it's because I am short, or something else. But I have always carried my skis over my shoulder tips up in the back. My husband likes to tell me I am doing it "wrong" and tries to get me to do it "right". But when they are positioned on my shoulder with the tips in front, I...
  4. Sheena

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

I went to Pitt too! The bus system is pretty great! It gets you pretty much wherever you need to go. I lived in Squirrel Hill, so the 61C bus was my friend.
  5. Sheena

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

I have seen an example of almost all of these scenarios. * A ski team instructor with 5 kids giving mini-lesson on balance Inside the lift corral, blocking an entire aisle. Granted it was a quiet day, but still he should have known better. * Out of control kid skiers flying down the...
  6. Sheena

How do you feel about people leavings their skis on the ground outside the lodge?

I used to see a lot of it when there would be races and the ski team kids would just leave all their skis everywhere. I have not been up on a race day in awhile, so don't really know if it persists. Or perhaps snowbasin has addressed it, they have added a lot more racks at the base area near...
  7. Sheena

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

This really isnt surprising. I wonder if it's true for other areas like CO with the legalization of substances
  8. Sheena

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

Congratulations! It's such a personal choice and it depends on your comfort and how you are feeling. I skied in March and April when I was pregnant both times, but was in my 1st trimester (November babies) and felt good. I stuck to groomed runs. You'll know what's right for you and how...
  9. Sheena

A-basin in May?

Thanks @RachelV I do love spring skiing. I have never skied any resorts in CO, much less ABasin. I just know I am far from an expert skier, so I don't know what terrain will be accessable to me, is it just the expert terrain that's open?
  10. Sheena

A-basin in May?

We are thinking of heading to A-basin for a mother's day weekend trip this year. Anyone have experience and know what conditions are generally like? What terrain is typically open? Stuff available to ski for a wannabe good skier.
  11. Sheena

Looking for a narrow ski out west

Have you had access to the Solomon QST line? I am more or less a perpetual intermediate. I am quite a bit heavier than you (though also short -lol). I demoed the Solomons a year ago and they were so easy to maneuver. I did find the tips a little floppy, not sure if I was pushing a speed...
  12. Sheena

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

This is so awful. That poor family. Having kids aged 11-13 it really hits home. My kids have always worn helmets, aside from when we just stayed on the magic carpet when they were 3. So for us it's 2nd nature. I have a neighbor though and her parents pay for a week at Snowbird every...
  13. Sheena

Help Needed: I am afraid of the bunny hill.

Sounds like a breakthrough kind of day! I would love to get together. I will be up Friday. And with my kids on Mon/Tues next week.
  14. Sheena

Is skiing as expensive as we think?

This is a funny comparison. I do love going to our local AAA team. But even that is not the same. And if we went to see the Ogden Raptors, A I think?? Anyway sure it's baseball and sure it's still a fun day. But definitely not the same.
  15. Sheena

Legs…so sore!

Depending on the area you usually ski, getting used to higher altitude, longer slopes, and working in some heavy snow conditions can totally wear you out. I know when my husband and I made our first trip to Utah, from Washington, DC, we skied from 9 and then took a break, we were tired after...
  16. Sheena

Is skiing as expensive as we think?

Sure, skiing doesn't have to be expensive. if you are lucky to live close to those lower cost ski areas. There is Nordic Valley, Beaver Mountain or Cherry Peak here in Utah. Though I guess this article is geared towards people who live in Colorado/Denver area. But depending on where in the...
  17. Sheena

Skier/Snowboarder responsibility code

Maybe, but also on Sunday as I was taking a lunch break there was a dad and his two sons (prob around 9-13) laughing about how they keep getting told to slow down. even the dad. It makes me sad, because yeah, we all like the feeling of cruising down a run, but seriously there seems to be...
  18. Sheena

Skier/Snowboarder responsibility code

I honestly wonder if there is any solution here? Pulling passes, sure. But there can't be someone everywhere on the mountain. Yesterday, I was taking an access trail to the other side of my home mountain. Conditions were getting soft and on the right side of the trail kids/teens like to...
  19. Sheena

This Deb Armstrong Video Transformed my Skiing!

Ha same here.(flat light struggles). Sunday it was so beautiful and sunny. I got to practice on some nice soft bumps. @BlizzardBabe thank you for sharing your experience. Sounds like an amazing clinic! Something i would love to be able to take advantage of. Sounds like it gets filled up...
  20. Sheena

Alterra to Acquire A-Basin

I remember when I lived on the east coast, and when I first moved to Utah, I jealously looked at Colorado and their inexpensive multi-resort pass (I don't remember what it was called), and thinking Utah really needed to do something similar. How naïve I was. Hopefully this does not ruin...