• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. D

My New Baselayers Are Itchy!

Icebreakers come in different weights. I wear them year round, from summer hiking / backpacking to winter mountaineering and skiing. I like how they keep me warm and don't stink like synthetics tend to on multi-day backcountry trips. I wear their panties, too. That said, the heavier weights...
  2. D

Where did you learn to ski?

Mammoth!!! Hi, Barbara! :)
  3. D

Question: Do Ski Divas only ski?

My passion is alpine skiing. Although I snowboard also (I'm not as good at it as skiing, but I sometimes want the different feel that comes with boarding), I'm getting more and more into winter mountaineering, which will eventually lead to backcountry skiing, :)
  4. D

Mammoth April 15-18

Thanks for sharing! Sorry I couldn't be there, Barbara, and divas I haven't met yet!
  5. D

Mt. Whitney attempt

I attempted to hike up Mt. Whitney via the Mountaineer's Route a week ago, but had to turn back on the second day due to an incoming storm :( (still don't know how much snow was dumped on Whitney, but Mammoth got over 2 feet!). Our guides turned the rest of the 4-day trip into snow (crevasse...
  6. D

One mountain for life

I'm in, :clap:
  7. D

One mountain for life

One more vote for Mammoth! :clap::clap: I've been to Blackcomb, Vail, Snow Bird, Park City and the Canyons, but I just feel "at home" at Mammoth. As skibum said, Mammoth generally has a long season, and the terrain is so varied! I don't think I'll ever outgrow it. (Side note: skied my...
  8. D

2009 k2 lotta luv at o2gearshop

:drool::drool:
  9. D

Would You Ski This?

Nice video! Someday, far far away, maybe I can do this... But not now, definitely not now, :fear: Thanks for posting what I need to work on to get there, though, :eyebrows:
  10. D

Tunes or no tunes

No tunes for me. I tried it a couple of times, but found that I was too into the music to pay attention to what was going on around/behind me.
  11. D

how do you carry your skis?

I don't carry my skis over my shoulder because I'm afraid that I would accidentally whack someone/something with them (seen enough people who carry this way but oblivious to their surroundings and folks behind them having to avoid being hit). I clasp the skis together and carry them vertically...
  12. D

That time of year? Time to decide...

It has warmed up here, as my friends and I were commenting while enjoying lunch in the sun today. I haven't gotten as much skiing in as I would have liked this season, because I got into winter mountaineering, so I don't want the season to end.... There's lots of snow in Mammoth, so I should...
  13. D

Question: Moguls - can you learn to ski the zipper line when you're no longer a kid?

what is a zipper line? Hello Divas! I'm new to bumps... What is the zipper line? Also, I've always been confused as to exactly which line to take...:confused: I always thought I was supposed to turn on the top of the bumps (the pointy top of the bump, not the uphill side of the bump)...
  14. D

Do you wear makeup when you ski?

physical sunscreen Thought I'd post a follow-up on physical sunscreen (I had posted earlier that my lips are super sensitive and someone had suggested a physical sunscreen like the X-balm). I couldn't find the x-balm in the sporting goods stores at my home mountain, but they suggested the...
  15. D

Solo Skiing

I mostly ski and snowboard solo. When I'm by myself, I usually work on drills and practice specific techniques. I can focus on myself and what I need to do. While I do enjoy the social aspect of skiing with others, I tend to goof around more and just hang out.
  16. D

Ooh, thanks for the tip on the XBalm, MSL! Will definitely give it a try.
  17. D

It looks just as if I had shaded my brows in with either powder or pencil. The actual brows (hair) are still there. People can't tell, even after I tell them they are tattoos. They don't smudge and actually make tweezing a lot easier - the shapes are there already!:)
  18. D

One more for wearing make-up! Like SZC, I've been a huge fan of Shiseido's sun protection foundation for over 15 years. I wear it everyday, whether I'm just going to work, or a major dress-up event, or mountain biking, or backpacking, or skiing. It's an awesome foundation in addition to the...
  19. D

Skiing first season after ACL surgery

Congrats on such a quick recovery and being back on the slopes! I had a partial tear in my left ACL after a collision at the end of the last season, and I haven't been on the snow yet (can't wait!!!). BTW, I'm on Dynastar Exclusive Legends also, :o)
  20. D

Question: Finally - New skis - where to begin?

I couldn't agree more. Boots that fit are a must. I couldn't believe the diffference it made after I got custom fitted along orthodics. I went to a local independent bootfitter in LA, and was going to suggest SureFoot for you, then realized there wasn't one in Tahoe...